15

The Art of War

I woke up to the sound of hustling noises and cries everywhere around my cell. It looks like the Vanguards are busy dealing with something paramount. I stared down at my wrists, struggling to free myself from the chains that bounded me. “Not for long,” I mumbled to myself angrily. Not long later, the sounds died down mysteriously and silence enveloped the place as if a piece of cloth is placed over a chirping bird’s cage. Finding the situation peculiar, I scanned my cell thoroughly in detail. I was disturbed from my trail of thoughts when a puzzling face at the gate caught my breath. “Morning! There’s a magic barricade placed over your cell,” the hooded figure observed. “I reckon its father’s doing,” I replied annoyingly. As I replied, a loud blast resounded in my eardrums and the entire gate blew apart. “Phew! Never done that in a while.” The hooded figure self praised as he dusted the imaginary dust of his clothing. “Next time please warn me before you do that. My eardrums are going to bleed because of that,” I told him.

 

“Sure here you go,” the hooded figure laughed as he undid my chains. A crushing pain seared through my wrists as I rubbed them. My knees buckled under my weight and I collapsed onto the ground. The hooded figure helped me up and grabbed my upper arm, “Come on! We’ve got to get out of here fast.” “Where are we heading to?” I croaked as we dashed through the dark streets of the city. “To our rendezvous point down south. Hurry! We need to reach there fast if not I fear Doojoon will run into trouble again.” “What do you mean?” I asked worriedly. “My vision showed that he had already escaped from his cell,” the hooded figure responded to my query. “Oh no! I can’t let them catch him again!” I roared and ran ahead.

 

No one’s P.O.V.

Doojoon made it safely to the dark streets of the city but he keeps wondering is he safe? He has to keep on travelling, hiding amongst the shadows, running away from his enemies, and seeking out his allies, he does not even have a moment to rest his tired body. He had the choice to make a run for it or to stay in that dreadful prison, and he chose to escape if not he would be tortured continuously. As he is alone by himself, he is outnumbered and since the odds are not in his favour, he decided to look for Hyunseung. Unbeknownst to him, Hyunseung is also looking for him. Doojoon was crouching behind a pillar, waiting for Vanguards to complete their patrol, when one of his most trusted aides in the werewolf world teleported beside him to relay a message.

 

Do not return back to the werewolf world. There’s been a secret agreement all along amongst the Vampire Council and the Werewolf Generals. The Werewolf Generals have dethroned the werewolf chief and he is now locked up for eternal slumber.

 

“You stay safe as well.” Doojoon told the aide before he nodded and disappeared. Doojoon turned back to the main street, he was about to make a dash when a hand caught him from behind, “Gotcha!”

 

End of no one’s P.O.V.

 

A/N: Pre-released for the handsome dancer. Saengil Chukhahaeyo Hyunseung-ssi! :D