Chapter 8 - Seoul Folk Flea Market & Cheonggyecheon Stream

Destiny Called Love

“Kamsahamida.” They bow to the last customers for the day.

 

They all feel so tired right now. The three of them, Dara, Taeyeon, and Gyuri, decide to sit in a sofa to let go off the tiredness. Not all of them actually rest right now. Donghae and Yuri are leaving them to the kitchen to clean the rest of the stuff.

 

“You can go rest now, Mr. Lee. I can do it by myself.”  Yuri said while washing the dishes.

“I am okay with it. Don’t worry! Hey, please don’t call me with honorific thing like that again. I have told you to call me by my name.” He said while helping her by cleaning the kitchen area.

“But you seem get used to do this thing. I thought rich man like you don’t do this kind of thing because you are served by other people, right?”

“Well, even if you are served by other people, you still need to learn to do that stuff. You can’t always depend on someone else.” He explained.

“Good point.” She complimented him.

“Anyway, how can you know that I am rich?” He wonders about it.

“You’re expensive. No, I mean the stuff that you wear it’s all branded.”

“Don’t you like it? I mean girls always love branded things.”

“I am a girl but I don’t really like branded stuff. For me, anything from the cheapest one to the expensive one is okay as long as it’s suit for me then I will buy it.”

 

They keep talking about fun stuff. They just share their interest. He always looks at her. He always can’t stand of her beauty.

 

“Both of you stop flirting. Let’s eat dinner! Tonight dinner will be free since you have helped us a lot.” Taeyeon said.

 

Yuri can feel her face blushes really hard right now. She tries to hide it by finishing her job quickly and bows her head and walks back to the restaurant.

 

“You must be really like her, right, Mr. Lee?” Taeyeon asked him when Yuri has disappeared from their look.

“It’s too obvious, huh?” He said.

“Yeah.”

“But why is she the only one that doesn’t know about this?”

“It needs time, Mr. Lee. Love is not as easy as you turn your palm to the other side. You need to convince her and it needs time to do it.”

“Yeah, you probably right. Anyway, let’s go to eat.”

 

They walk to the restaurant. They see the rest of them are eating right now. They join them to eat. Then after finish eating, Yuri and Donghae excuse themselves to leave the restaurant.

 

“I think we should go back to the hotel.” Yuri suggested it because she doesn’t want to let herself knows him deeper because it will just hurt her heart if she does it.

“No, I still want to walk around Seoul just for a bit. Will you accompany me?”

 

She thinks for about a minute. Don’t know why, but her heart forces her to nod.

 

“So let’s go to some places before we head back to the hotel.” Donghae said.

“Hmm… let’s go to a flok flea market then.” She said.

 

Then they walk to that place. Seoul Folk Flea Market is one of the best places to find unexpected and unique gifts for friends and family. There are 851 small shops packed inside the two-story, 5,000-square meter warehouse that was built by Seoul city back in 2008. There are hundreds of shops sell everything under the sun, from polished old cutlery to fancy lamps, from Joseon Dynasty-era pottery and a European knight’s helmet to a real Siberian Tiger pelt.

 

“It’s so busy in here even though it’s not weekend.” Yuri explained.

“Yes, I can see it. But it’s kind of unique. I never went to this kind of place before. Tell me what should I buy as a gift to my friends or my families?” He asked while looking around. He so confuses. There are a lot of unique things from past that still look good in this modern area.

“Maybe you can buy the old CD or some old antique things. Ah you can buy old toy for kids too in upstairs.” She explained.

“It’s a good idea though.”

 

After buy things, they end their adventure in this place. Carry a lot of things with them, they start to leave the place and walk around Seoul. Night in Seoul is pretty beautiful. They just walk in silent. They arrive in a very beautiful stream, Cheonggyecheon Stream. They finally start to talk to each other again.

 

“This is the best place to hang out whether you’re by yourself or you’re with your girlfriend. You can just sit and put your legs in the stream while talking with your girlfriend, reading a book, or even play gadget.”

“But if we put our legs in it, sounds like…”

“Dirty? No this stream is so clean. So don’t worry about it!”

“Hmm okay let’s try it then.”

 

He sits and put his legs on the stream. It feels so relaxing.

 

“So, what do you think of it?” She asked while putting her feet on the stream too.

“It feels so relax.”

“Yes, it kinds of free therapy because the water move slowly so you can feel a little bit relax. It feels so good after walking around for a full day.”

“Yeah, you’re absolutely right.”

“I feel I can get out of my stress life in here. I don’t even know that this kind of thing exist in this world.” He continued.

“Well, at least you know it now. I love to spend my time in here.”

“Really?” He asked her.

“Yeah, I like just to spend my night sitting in here while read some books then hang out in the mall or in a club.”

“I don’t like to hang out in the mall or club too. I love to spend my time to read or playing games.”

“Really?” She can’t believe it.

“What do you mean by it?”

“I mean all you wear is a branded thing so you must be love to shopping.” She explained her reason.

“Oh that branded things. I have my personal assistant who buys every latest branded thing that suits me. I just give her money then she buys it for me.” He explained it too.

“Ah I thought your girlfriend who bought it for you.”

 

She must be feeling a little bit jealous. It’s good because at least he knows that she’s a bit interested in him right now.

 

“Are you jealous?”

 

She looks at him blankly. She doesn’t know what to say right now. Does she feel jealous? No it’s impossible. She’s just curious about it. Yes, she just feels that way.

 

“I don’t think I am and I don’t have any reason for it.”

 

He takes a deep breath. Taeyeon was right. There’s not easy to convince her and all he needs is time. But he doesn’t sure if he can do it in this short time since he has to leave Seoul in three days.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. I am the one that make mistake. I am sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. I don’t mean it. Anyway you personal assistant must be really know about the trendiest thing and she must be have a really good eyes.”

“Yeah, she’s so fashionable. That’s why I trust her in everything.”

“Then why don’t you take her as your girlfriend?”

 

She closes with her right hand. She doesn’t need to bring back those things. She should turn the topic to something else. Aish, she probably just has to shut .

 

“Nicole Jung, my personal assistant, has married with his husband, Key, an American. They have one son named Yoogeun right now.”

 

He doesn’t feel like want to ask her whether she feels jealous or not because it will just make they’re more awkward with each other.

 

“Oh, I am sorry. I don’t know about it.”

“No, it’s okay. I am usually not the type of man who loves to share his personal life to other person that not close to me or talk about someone’s private life.”

“I am sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. I just feel different this time. I feel like I want to share it with you.”

 

Sorry sorry…

 

Her phone is ringing. She answers it.

 

“Yoboseyo?” She said in Korean.

“Yuri ah, it’s ten pm and you don’t forget that you have a meeting with all the staff, right?”

“Ah, Miane. I will go back soon, Nick.”

“Okay, I will wait for you in ten minutes, araso?”

“Okay.”

 

She hangs up the phone then she turns to him.

 

“I am sorry. I should go back to the hotel now. I still have a meeting.”

“Okay.”

“It’s okay if you still want to hang out in this stream. I will just go back by myself.”

“No, I go with you since it will be hard for me to find a way back to the hotel by myself.”

“Okay, let’s go back then!”


Spoiler:

“Should we just sleep in the same bed then?”