Chapter 3 - Shanghai, China

Destiny Called Love

 

Donghae finishes his work at 5 pm. He’s about to wrap up all the work papers in his desk when his secretary comes to his office.

 

“Mr. Lee, you have an appointment at 6 pm tonight.” Nicole, his secretary, said.

“Cancel it, Miss Jung!” He ordered.

“But Mr. Lee, the client said that she wanted to meet you personally.”

“Just cancel it! I don’t want to meet her.” Donghae knows what it means. All women he met pretended to be his client so they could meet him. It was so useful because he knew their trick so well.

“Yes sir.” Nicole followed the order.

 

Donghae drives his car to the limited speed. He needs to go home in time. He’s totally a good driver because it only needs about half hour to him to arrive in home. When he arrives in there, his phone is vibrating. He gets a call from his best friend.

 

“Ni hao?”

“Ni hao, Eeteuk.”

“Donghae, it’s been a long time since I saw you.” Leeteuk, his best friend, called from Seoul.

“Ah, yes. It has passed one year since the last time I saw you.”

“So how are you now?” Leeteuk said in his fluent Mandarin.

“Well I am fine. How about you then?” Leeteuk is his best friend in Korea.

 

He met him when they have to attend a meeting together. They are so close to each other even thought Donghae can’t speak Korea but Leeteuk can speak Mandarin well so they communicate well too.

 

“I am fine too. Hey, let’s meet up sometimes!” Donghae said.

“Well, actually about that. I think we can meet in three days again.”

“Three days? So you will come here then?” Donghae excited.

“Nope. Actually you are the one who will come here.”

“Me? But I don’t have any plan to go to Korea soon.”

“Well you have to do it now because I will marry in the next three days.”

“Wow! Really? Congratz then.”

“Thanks. So will you come then?”

“Obviously yes. I will come there but promise to take me from the airport because I don’t know anything about Korea and I can’t speak Korea too.”

“Of course. Just tell me when you will come and what time you will arrive in Seoul, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

Donghae hangs up the phone then he walks into the dining room. His parents already wait for him.

 

“I am sorry that I am late.”

“It’s okay, Donghae.” His mom said.

“Actually I want to tell you that me and your mom will go and stay in US for about a year.”

“A year? That’s too long.”

“Yeah, son. Unfortunately our business don’t go well in there so we have to take care of it.”

“Okay, okay. I will take care of our business in here. But about that, I also have to tell you something too.”

“What is it, son?” His mom asked him.

“I have to go to Seoul for these couple days because my friend will get marry.”

“Oh okay then. I am so sad that you can’t send us in the airport but it’s okay since we still communicate, right?”

“Of course mom. Anyway I will prepare my suitcase so let me excuse myself first.”

 

He goes to his room and prepares his suitcase. He never likes anyone to touch every little thing in his room, including little thing like this. He likes to prepare it by himself. He takes a few clothes and wraps it up into a medium suitcase. It’s not that tired at all but he decides to lie down for a moment in his bed. He turns on the television and sees his favorite TV show in there. Then suddenly, he remembers about his departure. He needs to tell two people about this. First, he needs to tell Nicole, his secretary, to rearrange his schedule.

 

“Good night, sir.” Nicole answered.

“Good night, Miss. Jung. I need you to rearrange my schedule for these four days because I will leave Shanghai to Korea tomorrow.”

“Okay sir.”

“Don’t forget to book my ticket for Seoul tomorrow too.”

“Okay sir. I will immediately tell you about your departure, sir.”

“One last thing, I will not work for tomorrow so tell Zhou Mi to take all my jobs in the next four days, understand?”

“Yes, sir. I will do that.”

“Great. I will wait for your report then.”

 

He hangs up his first call then he heads for his second call.

 

“Zhou Mi, it’s me Donghae.”

“Ah yes, what can I do for you?”

“Hey, how can you ask your best friend like that?”

“I am sorry, Donghae. It just I am still so tired right now.”

“It’s okay. Anyway, I just want to tell you that I will leave Shanghai for Seoul tomorrow, so I want to ask for your help to replace my job when I am not in here.”

“Yes sir. But don’t forget to bring some things from Seoul for me.”

“Yes sir. I will do that.”

 

He hangs up the phone and watches the television back. Then his phone suddenly vibrates. It’s not a call but it’s a text message from his secretary, Miss Jung Nicole.

 

Sir, your planes will leave tomorrow at 8 in the morning and I will send you the ticket through the driver that I already contacted to send you to the airport.

 

Thank you, Miss Jung

 

You’re welcome, sir.

 

“So 8 a.m. huh? Okay, welcome Korea. It’s great to be there once again.” Donghae said to himself then he turns off the television to go to sleep.


*Waiting for Yuri? She will appear in the next chapter.

 

Spoiler:

“Yes, you just make me dazed with your beauty.”