Chapter 16 - Past

Destiny Called Love

Taeyeon wakes up late again like usual. She quickly takes a bath and rushes her way to the dining room.

 

“You wake up late again, Kim Taeyeon.” Yesung, her brother, said.

“I am always like that, right?” She smirked.

“I know, but can you change? You’re a girl and a girl should wake up early in the morning.”

“Well, I don’t care as long as my future husband does not complaint about this.”

“I think he will.”

“Okay let’s see. Anyway, I will just go for now. Annyong Oppa.”

“Neh, good bye.”

 

She arrives in the restaurant half hour later. She sees Dara in the kitchen. After said hello to her, she rushes her way to the restaurant. She sees Gyuri in there. There’s no sign of Victoria. She must be late too.

 

“Hi, Gyuri.”

 

She waves to Gyuri.

 

“Hi, Taenggo.”

“Hi.” She waves at another girl that she never saw before. That girl sits in front of Gyuri. She smiles to her and that girl smiles back to her too.

“Who is she, Gyuri?” She said while taking a seat beside her.

“Her name is Park Kahi, and I am interviewing her right now.”

“Oops sorry, I didn’t mean it. I don’t know about it so I better go now. Anyway, it’s nice to meet you. My name is Kim Taeyeon. Just call me Taenggo.”

“Hi, my name is Park Kahi. It’s nice to meet you too.” She answered.

 

Taeyeon walks from their spot and reaches the next table. She doesn’t know where Victoria is right now so to anticipate it, she starts to do Victoria’s job, cleaning the table.

 

She then turns her attention into a girl that comes to the restaurant. The restaurant hasn’t open yet but she insists to enter.

 

“I am sorry miss, but the restaurant hasn’t open yet. Please wait patiently because it will open just in an hour.” Taeyeon said to her.

“Ah, you’re that girl, right?” She pointed at Taeyeon.

“I am sorry miss but…”

 

She suddenly remembers her. “Ah that stupid bastard’s girlfriend, right?”

 

Sica glares at her.

 

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to call your boyfriend ‘stupid bastard’.” She apologized.

“Don’t worry he’s not my boyfriend. He’s my brother and I agree with you. He’s such a stupid bastard.” Sica said.

“Mworago?” Taeyeon asked her again to make sure that she didn’t hear it wrong.

“Yes, he is a stupid bastard. You know why I call him ‘stupid’ because he rather hurts a girl’s pure heart then his pride, that’s not a gentleman, right?”

 

They take a seat and continue to talk.

 

“What did you mean by it…”

“Jessica Park. Just call me Sica.”

“Oh hi Sica, my name is Kim Taeyeon. Just call me Taenggo.”

“It’s nice to meet you Taenggo.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Sica. Anyway can you tell me what did you mean by it?”

“Well, like last night, he actually feels your food was delicious but he tried to ignore it because he didn’t want to hurt his pride.”

“Actually I know it by seeing the way he ate it last night but don’t worry, Sica, I am not that hurt.” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah I know it too because I see that you’re a tough girl. I just want to ask you to forgive my brother. He has a reason why he has to do it.”

“I don’t understand, Sica.”

“I am not supposed to tell you this because he will kill me if he finds out but I think you should know about this. I think after you hear my story, you will forgive him.”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t respond her. She just waits patiently for her to continue her words.

 

“He is always been a cold person like that. At first, like he said, he wants to stands on his pride because he doesn’t want to be look down as a president of a company so he makes himself looks cold so there’s not even a single girl that can get closer to him. But one day, a girl accidentally bumped to her when she delivered food to our company. He liked her since start, she did like her too but. Then they decided to date. But it just took couple months for them for finally broke up because she chose another man that set up by her parents.”

 

“So let me guess, he must be so depressed after that, right?”

“Yeah, he backs to his usual life, a cold person and a stupid bastard.”

“Well he must be so sad after that. I bet that he can’t forget her, right?”

“Yeah, you’re right. I asked it to him few days ago and he didn’t say anything about it so my conclusion is yes, he still loves him.”

“I feel sorry about him but still he needs to survive and the way to survive is not by judging the other people.”

“That’s why I say sorry to you as a represented from him because I know that he won’t do that.”

 

They keep talk and talk more about Leeteuk until Gyuri pops out to their place.

 

“Taenggo, how can you be so impolite to a guest?”

“Yah, Gyuri! What do you mean by it?” Taenggo said.

“Well, I mean she’s a guest so even if the restaurant hasn’t open, at least you should give her a drink.”

“Ah you’re right!”

“Don’t worry, Taenggo! I have asked Victoria to make it. Now I need your help to cook the lunch for the Park company. Gosh! We need to finish 200 portion of food in just two hours. How can we do it?” Gyuri yelled from the kitchen. She’s already in the kitchen.

“Park Company?” Sica actually talked to herself but Taeyeon can hear it clearly because she’s in front of her.

“Yeah, I think it must be a meeting or something.”

“No, I mean Park Company but Park Company is our family company and Leeteuk Oppa is the president’s company.”

“Really? Well, looks like I will meet your siblings in few hours. Gosh looks like we are always stick together.”

“It’s called destiny, Taenggo.”


Spoiler:

“Don’t ever think to touch my girl, young boy.”