Chapter 11 - An introduction

Destiny Called Love

It’s eight in the morning and Taeyeon just wakes up from her bed. She still feels so sleepy but she gets no choice besides wake up and prepares herself to go to work. She lazily wakes up and goes to the bathroom. She immediately washes her beautiful face. She just needs something to wake her more and water is the great solution. It can make you look fresher than before, so she takes a bath to make another part of her which is her body to be fresher. Then she picks out random clothes and rushes out to the dining room.  When she arrives in there, she sees her brother is sitting comfortably. He read newspaper while enjoying his breakfast.

 

“Good morning, Oppa.” She said.

“Good morning too, Taenggo.” He said.

“Tell mom that I won’t eat breakfast today because I am already late.” She said while taking a slide of bread.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon, you should eat breakfast first.” Her brother shouted at her. But she already runs away with her bicycle by then.

“Don’t worry, Kim Yesung! I will eat in the restaurant.”

 

She rides her bicycle to the restaurant. That’s the thing that she always does every morning. She rides it all the way to there even she knows that it’s so tired. But she doesn’t care as long as she can ride her favorite bicycle that her brother bought to her as her adult ceremony gift.

 

“Yah, how can you buy me a bicycle for me adult ceremony?” She said while looking at the beautiful pink bicycle that place in their home’s garden.

“I am so sorry Kim Taeyeon, my only sister. But I don’t think a car suits you.” She knows that he doesn’t have any money because they are not rich but it doesn’t mean that she pleased too.

“But at least you can buy me an adult present like flowers, perfumes, or high heels.” She protested.

“For that present, I don’t know how to buy it because I am a boy and I don’t have any girl to help me buy those feminine things.”

“You can ask your best friend, to help you, right?” She glared at him.

“You know that all my best friends are boys, right? So I’ve got no choice besides to buy anything that I want.”

“Araso. It’s okay. I will take this gift. I don’t think the present is the most important one because if only you remember, it is just a very nice present to me.” She hugs him.

“Thank you, my little sister. I promise you I will buy you a better present in your next birthday.”

 

She places her bicycle in the back of the restaurant then she sneaks into there. The restaurant has not opened yet. Yeah the time to open it is in nine a.m.

 

“Taeyeon, let’s eat some breakfast.” Gyuri said while she saw her.

“Yes, but I will prepare food for today.” Taeyeon said.

“Ok, I will wait for you in here.” Gyuri said.

 

Taeyeon also waves at Sunye and Victoria who already sit and eat breakfast. She goes to the kitchen then she sees Dara is busy cleaning the kitchen.

 

“Good morning, Dara.” She said.

“Ah good morning too, Taeyeon.” Dara waves to her.

“You haven’t finished it yet?” Taeyeon knows that Dara is never late like her.

 

She always comes earlier than her and she usually has finished all her works when she arrives but today is so different.

 

“Yeah, I kind of late today because my little brother, Thunder, had fever so I take care of him first before I went here.” She explained it to me.

“Oh I am sorry but is he okay now?” She asked her while she is preparing herself to clean all the vegetables and fruits.

“Don’t worry, Taeyeon. He’s fine right now. He just needs to rest for today then he can go back to his activity as usual tomorrow.”

“Ah. It’s great to hear that.”

“Yeah, thanks for being so worry about him.”

“Dara, you’re my friend of course I care about you so please don’t talk something like that, okay?”

“Yes, I am sorry. I will not do it again.”

“Okay. So are you late again like usual?”

“Yeah, my day always starts with a late morning wake up and a fight with my brother.” She said.

“How long will you last it?”

“I don’t know.”

“I think you will do it someday.” Dara said.

“Yeah, I hope so.”

 

They finish their work in a half hour later. After that, they walk together into the table where Sunye, Victoria, and Gyuri are enjoying their breakfast.

 

“Finally finish huh? Great then, let’s eat breakfast before we open our restaurant.” Gyuri said.

“Yeah finally I can eat too. I am just so starving.” Taeyeon sits beside Gyuri.

“I’ve told to eat when you came right? But you didn’t listen to me and insisted to work first.” Gyuri is mad.

 

She’s not a bad person. It’s just she cares about her friends more than herself.

 

“Gyuri ah, don’t be so worry about me! I am fine.” Taeyeon tried to calm her down.

“I know but still…”

“Gyuri?” Taeyeon glares at her.

“Ok, fine. But promise me, you won’t do it again, okay?”

“Yes, Miss Park Gyuri.” Taeyeon gives her a salute.

“Fine, fine. Let’s eat then!”

 

They eat while they are talking about their life. They are five friends that try to fulfill their dreams about food by opening their own restaurant. It was five years ago when they began this business with collected their own money. First, it’s only a small and unknown restaurant, but because of their hard work, the restaurant becomes one of the most famous restaurants. Their hard work has been paid off. They are not worry to waste their teenager times by busy all the time because they still have the time to have fun and hang out together.

 

“Girls, I will leave Seoul for Hongkong tomorrow.” Sunye said.

“Is it your time to take a break, Sunye?” Dara looked at her book.

 

She is that charge in administration. They schedule their own break for a year. They only have a permanent two weeks for the break and they have to get to work at the right time. They also can take a break for some occasional reason if it’s needed.

 

“No, but I just need a time to break.” She sighed.

“Why, Sunye? Is it something wrong? You can tell us about it.” Victoria said.

“It’s about me and my boyfriend, no, I mean ex-boyfriend.” She said while fight for her tears.

“Your ex-boyfriend? Do you mean the richest guy that came here with his Porsche?” Gyuri asked.

“Yes, he is.”

 

Taeyeon looks at them. She sees that everyone seems know about this except her. She can’t believe that she’s the only one that doesn’t know about this.

 

“So all of you girls have seen her boyfriend, huh?” She said.

 

She knows the fact that Sunye has a boyfriend but what she doesn’t know is they all have seen him except her.

 

“No, I haven’t seen in with my eyes because he just stood in front of his car when he stopped by to pick Sunye.” Dara said.

“Then two of you have showed him, right?” Taeyeon glares at Victoria and Gyuri.

“Yeah, we actually met him at Starbucks with Sunye that day.” Vic said.

“But how can you both not tell us about it?” Dara feels a little bit angry.

“Sorry, we thought both of you not interested in it.” Vic explained.

“Okay, okay. It’s not important now, Dara. So what do the story behind your break up Sunye?”

 

Taeyeon is right. It’s not important to talk about it. As her friends, they should worry about her and her love life first then talk about a guy from Sunye’s past.

 

“We broke up about half year ago.”

“WHAT?” They all can’t believe it.

“I am sorry not to tell you girls about this because I thought that I can get back with him but it seems like there’s no hope.” Sunye explained it.

“Sunye ah, it must be hard for you for this past six months. But why don’t you tell us? We can help you, right, girls?”

“You know that I am the kind of person that doesn’t like to be helped without trying first, right?” Sunye is always like that. She is the type of independent person that loves to do everything with her own effort.

“Sunye I always love you. I just hate one thing about you which is your character that loves to do everything by yourself. I know that you are not an individualist but still you have to realize that you have us to share everything, Sunye.” Dara said.

 

Dara is very different from Sunye. She’s a girl that loves to share every little thing with her friends. She always says honestly about her feeling and her thought.

 

“I know. I am sorry to being like this. I promise you that it won’t happen again, okay?”

 

They all nod.

 

“So tell me about your break up story.” Gyuri finally said a word after a long hiatus.

“It supposed to be a happy ending for us because we promised to each other that we will marry at my 24th birthday which it next year. But then my parents popped out with a crazy idea that made me suffer. They told me to married with their friend’s son at the end of this year. He’s a rich and kind guy. His name is Wooyoung but the problem is I am not in love with him.” Sunye finally can’t hold her tears.

 

They all remain in silent. They don’t know what to say. It’s too complicated if it concludes parents.

 

“It’s hard. I know your parents especially your dad is a tough person so be strong, Sunye ah.” Victoria said.

“I thought that I could change their mind after I introduced my boyfriend to them but it seemed that they didn’t care about it so I had no choice except agreed with this arrange marriage.”

“So you will go for holiday to left out your stress?” Taeyeon asked in conclusion.

“No, I will go to meet his parents in Hongkong. I just hope with this trip, my heart will start change for him. It’s so sad to see him only has one sided love. I will just try my best to love him.”

“Good luck, Sunye.” Taeyeon doesn’t know what to say anymore.

 

Gyuri, Dara, and Vic nod. They hope the same thing too for Sunye. 

 

*

This is just an introduction and you will find out why this chapter is important for this story...

 

Spoiler:

“I said you are weird.” She shouted.