Chapter 5 - Seoul Museum of History, Gyeonghui Palace

Destiny Called Love

 

He sits on the bus alone. He’s just too tired. He has followed the tourist recreation for a whole day. They now are in a Seoul Museum of History, Gyeonghui Palace. But he’s too tired to walk all day so he just sits in the bus alone.

 

“Here’s your drink, Mr. Lee.” That miinah approached him and gave a can of cola to him.

 

Suddenly all his tired has gone and now his face is full of smile.

 

“Thank you, Miinah.” He said without hesitation. He knows that she may be will get mad at him once again because he keeps call her with Miinah but he doesn’t care because he wants to express his feeling and thought to her.

 

“Ah, thank you to call me ‘Miinah’ sir but I am not that pretty.” She said.

“No, you are a so beautiful, too beautiful till it’s hard to express it with words, Miinah.”

“Thank you but there’s still a lot of beautiful woman out there, sir.”

“Really? But…”

 

He suddenly sings the first two line of his favorite song that expresses his feeling, Miinah.

 

Neol alkka malkka alkka malkka neomu yeppeun miin ah.

Do you know or not, know or not that you’re very pretty, beautiful girl

Nal michyeodago malhaedo nan niga jeohda miin ah

Even if you call me crazy I still like you, beautiful girl

 

He said the true. She’s his only interest. She also makes his heart beating faster and faster. She’s just so beautiful. Even if she is sweating like this, she’s still so beautiful.

 

He doesn’t know but he feels that he is not himself. He never sang to a girl like that. He also never fell his heart beating so fast like this. He’s also never speechless and nervous like this. It’s just too weird. He feels like he’s someone else. But it feels so good to feel like this.

 

He suddenly makes another move again. He takes a small towel inside his branded bag and he starts to wipe her sweat. She feels surprise about it. But she doesn’t know why but she feels so happy about it. She doesn’t stop him. Knowing that she doesn’t react, he keeps doing that until someone interrupts him.

 

“Hmm… do I interrupt you guys?” He asked.

 

Yes, of course, he says on his mind. That was just a perfect moment. It feels like heaven back then and now it turns to be a hell again. He really needs more time with her but it seems like something keeps interrupted them.

 

“It looks like we really interrupt them.” Other tourists said to them.

 

They anticipate for them since the first moment of them. They just wait for a good time to interfere them. They are the one who didn’t notice it. Now, they feel pretty embarrassed with themselves.

 

“Okay, let’s go to the hotel!” She interrupted it by going back to her work.

 

He pissed off. But what can he do about it?

 

They head toward to the hotel then. It’s just a usual hotel, probably three stars hotel. He never slept in other than five stars hotel or at least an apartment. But he just follows them to the hotel. He suddenly remembers that he’s not a part of their group. This is the end of it. This girl will know it all and he’ll be kicked out from their tour group and he can’t see her for his whole life again.

 

“Okay, I have read your room number and your roommate. Please take the key in the receptionist! I just want to make sure that you all will meet gather again 8 p.m. in this lobby okay?”

 

They all nod. He’s the only one that doesn’t do that. That’s right. It’s because now he doesn’t know where to sleep. The worst part is he can’t speak Korean and now he can’t go anywhere even if he has money to pay for taxi.

 

“Mr. Lee, Mr. Lee, excuse me Mr. Lee.” That Miinah called his name. He can’t hide how happy he is right now.

 

He turns to his back and he can see that beautiful girl runs to approach him.

 

“Where will you go, Mr. Lee?” She asked him.

“I will just go somewhere, so can you help to me to get the taxi?”

“But you all the tourists need to stay in this hotel.”

“But… I am not the part of the tour.”

“I know but you still can be with us if you want.” She lowered her voice.

“Really? But I have asked the receptionist. They said that all the rooms in here are fully booked.”

“You can stay in my room then.”

 

He can’t express how happy he is right now. He can sleep in her room. Yes, he will sleep in the same room with this girl. He feels like a miracle comes to him. He is truly blessed tonight.

 

“Is it okay with you then?”

“I think it’s fine. I can sleep in the sofa and you can sleep in the bed. So shall we go then?”

 

He just nods like an idiot and follows her to her room. They don’t talk a bit when they walk together. He feels so nervous and his heart is still beating as fast as before. His cheeks are burning. He can feel butterfly in his stomach. It’s his first time to spend a night with a woman. And he’s totally so NERVOUS!!!


Spoiler:

“I probably just a bit interested in him.”