Chapter: 8 (Bom's POV)

The Switcheroo

Chapter 8- New Friends, More Lies


Bom's POV

I walked slowly to my classroom. Jiyong had dropped me off minutes ago not bothering to ask if I was alright or warn her about anything. 

Insensitive jerk. 

I came to figure out that he had quite the reputation after hearing her fellow students going on about his performance at a local teen club.

There were so many kids here though. They almost made me dizzy as they slid pass and bumped in me every once in awhile. This would take awhile to get use to.

I decided to pick up the pace so I could find my right class. After a while I found myself in front of my destination. I smiled inwardly and walked inside only to find more trouble. Jenny's seat. I sighed and slowly walked around pass some of the students. Thankfully, their names were on their seats so I found her seat in the last row at the end. 

After I took out my supplies and got comfortable in my seat, I turned around to find a pretty dark haired girl slide in the seat beside me. As she looked over at me, I smiled at her....only to receive nothing back. Not even a hello.

Before I could even be offended, a lady walked in and the classroom became silent almost instantly. She must the teacher.

Mrs. Kong was very strict for a short lady. Standing at exactly 5 feet with a mean glare, she made even a drill sergeant look nice. 

Note to self: Don't make any mistakes in here. 

 

Nope, I wasn't dreaming. People were whispering about me.

Throughout the first 2 classes, I was sure that I didn't do anything worth being suspicious of. I found my seats quickly. I behaved well. I was being the perfect Jenny. 

So why were people whispering?

I shrugged the thought off as I grabbed my book bag and slid it on my shoulder only to be stopped by the girl from first period.

"Jenny?" She said hesitant but friendly. I turned around and gave her a curious look. "Uh, I just wanted to say good job today."

I continued to look at her which made her continue. "Participating in class. You usually seem to not be interested. Everyone noticed that today."

"Oh." Who knew answering questions was suspicious. "Yea, I don't want to seem like a know it all but since Mrs. Kong and Dr. Yang kept picking people who didn't seem to be paying attention, I decided to help out." 

Uh oh, why did I just say that?!?!

"I understand. And its true. I hate them. They pick me every time." Then she shot me a smile. "But you saved me at least twice today. Thanks."

"No prob." I grinned and turned to leave when she pulled my hand. "Why don't you come sit with us?" She asked genuinely. "You shouldn't be sitting alone all the time."

If this was Jenny, she would decline. But this is Bom. And when Bom said she wanted a new life,that included friends. "Sure. Why, not?"

JIYONG'S POV

"Last night was awesome, man!" Seungri said as he high-fived me.

Seungri and I walked in the cafeteria, getting praises from most of the students. Everyone was still talking about last night's performance, which was off the charts. "Most def'."

"And your mother said I would never amount up to anything." Seungri teased as we both winked at a group of girls in the lunch line.

As they laughed and we stood against the wall facing all the students, I couldn't help but wonder where Bom was. Under normal circumstances, She'd be sitting alone but because she didn't know that, I would be really amused if she came looking for me to help her. 

As more kids came giving us congratulations, I finally saw Bom across the room. 

With a bunch of other girls. 

As I watched them laugh at something one of them said, I noticed that she didn't look uncomfortable or in need of guidance. I muttered under my breath when she smirked at my direction.

"Something wrong, Jiyong?" Seungri asks.

"Nope...nothing at all."

 

BOM'S POV

Dara. That was the pretty girl's name. I was really beginning to become comfortable around her and her group of friends: Minzy and CL.

"So Jenny," Minzy changed the subject and smiled at her. "What made you decide act like a normal person?"

Dara made a face. "Minzy!" She turned to me apologetically. "Ignore her. She blunt like that."

"No, its okay." I said quickly as I said the first thing that came to my mind. "I met a boy."

CL and Minzy gleamed with delight. "Oh! Whats he like?" I looked at Dara who signaled her to go on. "Well..." I thought about the boy who drove beside Jiyong this morning on a motorcycle. "He's cute...and he rides a motorcycle."

I knew I should have stopped there but I didn't want to let them down. "He has a mohawk. And he wore a black leather jacket with his name imprinted on it." 

"Whats his name?" CL asked with a big smile.

I had never been a good liar, especially under pressure. "Taeyang."