Chapter 10 (Bom's POV)

The Switcheroo

Chapter 10- From Bad to Worst


Bom's POV

.

There was zero recognition on his face.

No doubt about it.

But before Taeyang could get anything out of his mouth, I fixed a hurt look on my face. It was a familiar expression, thanks to my dad. "You don't remember me." I made myself look disappointed and looked at my feet.

"No." I could hear him shift awkwardly. "I don't think I do."

"Okay." I said softly. "Not really a big deal." I made my voice sound low, disappointed. My hands were shaking, not because of him but because of the entire class watching us.

I decided to take a chance and look up at him, which was a big mistake because before he had sounded mostly indifferent, almost not concerned but as he watch me stare at him with pain in my eyes, he seemed like he wanted to remember.

"Well," he began. "Where did we meet. I'm sure that'll ring a bell." He look at me intensely.

Crap! "Uh," My voice trembling a bit as I tried to think of something without giving anything away. "Do you remember hanging out at any crowded places last week?" I asked, trying to look hopeful.

He started to say no, which made my sink, but then paused. "Actually, I went with a bunch of friends to the TeenScene." He shrugged. "Thats the only place I could think of."

"No!" I said quickly. "Thats it. TeenScene."

What the heck was this TeenScene?

The room was so quiet, you could hear a pen drop.

Must be a scary place to hang out by the way the class is staring at me.

"Like I said. Not a big deal." I continued, trying to ignore the class's faces. "I was uh, just hanging out there. No real reason though. I had nothing else to do. And it was the place to go, ya know. And its good I went cause I met you."

"She went to the toughest club on the worst side of town because she was bored?" One boy whispered before getting elbowed in the stomach.

Suspicion correct.

"Its like...sometimes I just wanna break out y'know?" I decided to take a page from my own life so it wasn't even feeling like a lie anymore. "I'm always doing what other people want me to do, never what I want to do and I have no life and no friends because of it. So I did something stupid and crazy, which was-"

I stopped, realizing I was about to blurt out her switcheroo with Jenny. Good thing I caught myself. "I went to TeenScene. And when I was there," I looked up at Taeyang. "You didn't recognize me, you didn't really talk to me either, but when some loser wouldn't take no for an answer, instead of helping me you said "Stick up for yourself a little" and walked away, just like that. And you were right!" I hurried to add, as people began whispering. "So I did. In the end I had to leave because he wouldn't quit, but even leaving was kinda like a step for me. Usually I would have just, y'know, taken it with a smile."

I looked up at him with a soft smile, not realizing how attractive it made me look. "No one has ever told me to stick up for myself before." There was a genuine emotion somewhere hidden in that sentence. "I always wanted someone to encourage to have a backbone for once."

The class was quiet once again. Taeyang was staring at her. "You know," he said slowly. I closed my eyes, preparing for him to say those destined words. "I do think I remember you." He grinned apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't earlier."

I sighed in relief. "Its fine!" I assured him, waving my hand dismissively. "Like I said, it wasn't really a big deal."

He grinned again, and I had been right to describe him as cute earlier though I couldn't really see his face from the back of the motorcycle this morning. He was really good looking. And she forgot that he was looking at her. Her nervousness started getting to her again.

"Anyways!" I said brightly. "Thanks! I should get going though; my brother's probably waiting for me." I brushed pass and was out of the door before he could say anything. I smiled mentally at my victory.

When I saw Jiyong, it was hard not hide the relief on my face.

I hopped in the passengers seat. "High school is a nightmare." I said as I put on my seatbelt and sat back with my eyes closed.

"Welcome to the real world princess." He said without any venom as he back out of the parking space. I began to get annoyed by his insensitivity.

"Aren't you gonna ask me why?" I said, glaring at him with one eye opened.

"Nope." He smirked and turned his attention to the road.

I sighed loudly."Well if you must know," She said sarcastically, ignoring the look he gave me. "It was your fault." She glared at him and remind him. "You thought I changed because of a guy and that was the only excuse I could think of."

"You're kidding!" He chuckled. "You really are a moron."

"Thanks." I said dryly while rolling my eyes. "I think I've figured that out since then. But it gets worse." I continued, purposefully ignoring his superior attitude.

He stayed cool and collected as he always did until I told him the boys name. "Taeyang!" He pressing on the breaks hard. "You said you changed because of that idiot?!"

"Um..." I shrugged, not wanting him to freak out anymore. "Yeah?" I pretended to be interested in my nails.

"No sister of mine is going to go prancing around with Taeyang." He said with a glare, ignoring the cars beeping at him. He made his name sound like a dirty word. But I wouldn't let his tone of command scare me.

"Well I'm not exactly your sister now am I?" I retorted.

"Obviously not, since she has a brain! What the heck were you thinking?" He demanded and started back driving.

"I wasn't thinking, alright!" I exploded. "I'm not exactly the world's best liar and usually thats a good thing, not some kind of character flaw!" I paused. "Besides, what do you have against Taeyang? He seems like a nice guy."

Jiyong kept his eyes on the road, for which I was thankful since I felt the intensity of his gaze would have stung. "I hate him." He said simply, his tone bordering on dangerous and signaling not to continue the conversation any further.

"Oh." I said in a small voice. Thats explains a lot. Like why the class was whispering about it the whole day. He was not only a tough guy with a reputation but a guy that even Jiyong hated with a passion.

He hadn't talk to me the whole day after that.

It didn't make me happy either.

It made me feel lonely.