Chapter 12 (Jenny's POV)

The Switcheroo

Chapter 12- Home Wreckers 


Jenny's POV

Miserable.

Thats the word that describes my mood perfectly.

Everything seemed so perfect at first, from the nice house and expensive furniture all the way down to the gourmet food. Even Daesung's figuring out that I wasn't Bom turned out not to be so bad since he promised to keep her secret but truth is, it wasn't until afterwards that I actually started living Bom's life, which including being stuck in a room with Bom's old tutor, Siwon, due to Seunghyun's absence, for what felt like a lifetime.

That alone diminished my hopes of actually enjoying my change in lifestyle.

It wasn't that anything was wrong with him, well, appearance wise anyways. In fact, he was one of the most handsome guys I had ever laid eyes on. With height and a well built frame, along with a greek god like face, it would make anybody wonder why he hadn't taken up a career in modeling. But I wasn't the type to openly gawk at someone, especially my own tutor, though he seemed like he was around my age but that still wasn't an option. 

It was his teaching style that bored me to no end. 

The boy peered at me through his reading glasses over the book that he was reading aloud. "Are you listening, Bom?" He asked monotonously as if he was used to his student daydreaming during his tutoring session.

"Yes." I answered more forcefully than I ever have in my whole entire life. After spending a whole four hours with Siwon, I completely understood see why Bom wanted an escape. Fortunately, I don't have to see him everyday yet I'm already dreading the next tutoring session.

"Well," He said as he slammed his book shut while standing up from his desk. "Lets cut this lesson short and pick back up on our next session. You look a little more bored than usual." 

'Our next session?' I wanted to groan. I also wanted to correct him but I didn't have the heart to do that. Instead, I fixed a smile on my face. "Sorry." The apology came out a little insincere but if he noticed, he didn't show it. "That means I'm free, right?" I asked, trying not to let the budding hope surface in my voice.

"Yes." He replied dryly. "You're free to go." He frowned as he watched me rise from my seat. I was itching to let go some of myself control and express my joy in leaving the stuffy room but I remained calm as I took it all in stride, my face only betraying relief.

I immediately walked out of the room without so much as a backward glance, feeling Siwon's eyes follow me while doing so but I chose to ignore it. If he so happened to have a small crush on Bom, it wasn't my problem. Apparently, my "twin" had fended him off for quite some time so I'm sure I can manage to do the same for a few more months if I have to.

"Park Bom."

I instantly turned towards the owner of the voice that called my name and I felt a surprised smile reach my lips as I laid my eyes upon my new tutor. "Mr. Choi!" I exclaimed as I met him halfway, almost about to embrace him until I caught myself and took a small step back, causing him to chuckle a little bit. "I-I mean, Seunghyun? What are you doing here? I thought you had an emergency?"

"I did but I wanted to make sure that you understood the lesson. You did, right?" He asked with a little bit of concern.

"Actually, I-

"I think she understood the lesson perfectly well." I heard Siwon's voice as he appeared beside me and gave me a short glance before eying Seunghyun in a slightly discontent way.

Seunghyun, who noticed the animosity coming from Siwon, smiled anyway as he shoved his hands in his pockets, trying to appear non threatening yet not the slightest bit intimidated by Bom's, I mean, my old tutor. "I take it that your Bom's old tutor; am I right?"

"Yes, I'm Choi Siwon... And you are?" Siwon asked as he crossed his arms with his tutoring notebook held tightly in his hand, which put me in the mind of a school girl for some reason.

"Well, I'm Choi Seunghyun and I am Bom's new tutor. And speaking of that," He said with a slight smile before glancing over at me apologetically. "I'm really sorry for not showing up for our first session and I totally understand if you'd rather stick with Siwon."

My eyes widened slightly as I felt Siwon quickly turn his head towards me to see what I would say and before I could stop myself, I immediately shook my head and said, "No," I instantly smiled afterwards to ease the hurt that the old tutor might feel. "Thats okay. Some things are more important, right?"

"Not as important as someone whose trying to obtain their education. Let me make it up to you, we can go to a museum in the city and review everything you learned today."

"Sounds good to me." I said with a little bit of excitement as I took a step forward, becoming completely obliviously to the fact that Siwon was still standing where I had left him. Hopefully those four hours of his non stop reading would spark enough memories so that I would be able to answer at least half of Seunghyun's questions once we arrive at the museum. Then again, I had gotten to the point where I kept finding myself dosing off so probably not.

I watched as Seunghyun pulled out his car keys before looking down at me with a smirk that started to make me weak at the knees. "Okay, lets go then."

 

The hallway which we were in was once again filled with laughter as we pointed at different pictures that we found amusing and made jokes about them, much to many of the visitor's dismay. What started off as a review of the lesson that Siwon happened to have taught so horribly, due to the fact that I couldn't remember a single thing he read from that book, turned into my second study session of the day, which then turned into goofing off and talking about random things for the rest of the day once I learned all the things that I needed to know.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Siwon had been fired. What I had been wondering in my mind was how had he managed to stay employed by Bom's day for so long?

But that didn't matter to me of course. Not when I was given the chance to meet such an intelligent and nice yet funny guy like Seunghyun, who turned out to only be a just a few years older than me. I have never met anyone like this guy in my life and I'm pretty sure I might not ever meet someone like him ever again. I don't think I want to either.

All through the evening, I kept trying to remind myself that he was literally my tutor and nothing more but as time slowly went by, I felt at absolute ease as I continued walking by his side, almost as if I could talk and laugh with him about anything that came to mind, something that I had never done with anyone at home or at school. For once I didn't feel...misunderstood...or lonely.

Then, I wondered if this was turning into a little crush. Seunghyun was definitely the whole package in my eyes. He was smart, funny, friendly and unbelievably handsome. Not to mention, he was in college to earn a degree in education so that he could become principal of a school one day. Last but certainly not least, he seemed to actually love what he does and made sure to help in anyway that he could. I noticed that all in one evening and I found it amazing. 

Scratch that. I found him amazing.

And scratch the word little and make it BIG because that is what its turning out to be. A BIG crush.

I wondered what Bom might think before making a mental note to call her when I get back home and come back to reality. "So, is it okay if you tell me what your emergency was?" I asked curiously as I held both of my hands behind my back while following him into another hall.

"Of course." He reassured me before answering my question. "My sister was in labor this morning."

"Really?" I exclaimed, my eyes widened with an surprised smile. "That must have been exciting."

He nodded his head in agreement as a laugh escaped his lips. "It was. The doctors told her before she got pregnant that there was a chance that she would be barren but God must have thought other wise. She decided to name her Joy."

"Wow, thats such a pretty name. I bet everyone felt that when she was finally conceived." I said as I watched him pull his phone out and swipe through his photos until he stopped at a picture of a beautiful baby wrapped in a light pink blanket.

"Thats her." Seunghyun told me as he sat the phone in my hand and hovered over me as we stared at the picture of Joy together. 

"She's so pretty." I smiled softly before swiping to the next picture, which was of her in the arms of a beautiful young woman smiling down at her as she was dressed in a hospital gown while sitting up in a hospital bed, probably in her late 20's, along with a handsome man who was kissing the top of her head. I assumed the man was the father. "Is this your sister?" I asked as I glanced up at my tutor, who nodded his head. "She looks so happy." 

Then I swiped to the next picture, which had an older lady standing beside Joy and her mother and another gorgeous young lady on the other side, who looked like she was Seunghyun's age, both smiling at the camera. "This is your mother and your other sister, right?" I asked curiously with a big smile as I looked at joyful picture, which made me feel a little joyful inside myself.

Seunghyun chuckled slightly as he said, "Uh, yes and no. That is my mother but the girl on the other side is my fiancée..."

"Bwoh?" I murmured as I felt the phone slip from my hand before rushing to catch it along with Seunghyun. Luckily, I caught it before it could have met the ground and quickly gave it back to him, then taking a step back. "I'm sorry."

"It okay, Bom. No harm done." He reassured me while slipping his phone back in his pocket. "You ready to see some more pictures?" He asked with a smile as he gestured towards the next hallway with excitement in his eyes but I suddenly wasn't feeling up to it this time around.

"Actually, I'm getting a little tired. Is it okay if we head home?" I asked as I stared at the polished floor beneath us, feeling like I would commit a crime if I looked into his brown eyes.

"Oh, okay. We can always come here some other time, right?" He said as we turned around and started walking back towards the entrance of the museum, his eyes glancing at me with a bit of worry the whole entire time.

I nodded my head and quickly gave him a fake smile to assure that I was okay before looking straight ahead. "Yeah, some other time, maybe." I said, though I was hoping that there wouldn't be. Before my six months of being Park Bom was up, I needed to make sure to leave things exactly as Bom left them, including her character, and I was sure that being a home wrecker wasn't apart of it.