CH2: Almost

Closer To You

 

 

“Kyaaaaa~!” Luhan squeals and Sehun wakes up in an instant thinking why the hell is he shouting?? At times like this, I really like to steal that spare key.

 
“What is happening to you?!” Luhan shows him two tickets which earns Luhan a what-is-that-I-don’t-get-you stare. Luhan was jumping and squealing and the latter was just covering his ears because he still can’t get it why his bestfriend was so happy to get the tickets.
 
“What is it for, Lu? Whaaaat?” Luhan stopped jumping and explained that those tickets are for the presscon and he was then pushed in the bathroom. He was holding his stomach once again and Luhan gave him a plastic full of paracetamol and ointment for his anxiety attaks.
 
“Hey don’t you act sick or be a baby Sehun. I raided the pharmacy for all the things that you will need just in case that anxiety shizz would attack again. Okay? Bath, now.” He was so giddy while the other one inside the shower was face palming himself and trying to be as slowpoke as ever. Why did I forget to check that Planet Pluto’s or what planet shennanigan sched ughhh. Oh please Baek, I hope you forgot about Lulu already.
 
 
 
Luck seemed to go well for Sehun because when they arrived in the said presscon, they are still at the back side of the room far away from the stage and he is sure that Baekhyun won’t see Luhan in that position. Fans said they camped out of the hotel and lined up as early as they could. Sehun can’t stop laughing because Luhan did every aegyo that he could but the fans are as stubborn as him and if looks can kill, Luhan might have killed everybody.
 
“Lu, I need to go out.” Sehun said feeling his anxiety attack once again.
 
 
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
Lu <3:
Ppali! Baek’s almost done!! We need to follow the freakin van Sehun. PPALI!! WHEN I SAY PPALI, PPALI OR YOU’RE DEAD! /angry meme/
 
 
Luhan was flooding him with messages, he even called and said that the presscon was done and Baekhyun’s band was already out.
Is it even my fault that I have this kinds of attacks, you impossible cutiepie  human being that I love since I was 7. Sehun heard footsteps and he turned his phone on silent mode. He knew Luhan would call him and no one should hear that strawberry shortcake ringtone, (that’s what Luhan chose because according to him, Sehun would know that it’s him calling for its cute and it’s adorable just like the caller.)
 
 
“Baek, I didn’t know that Korea is this awesome.” A guy with a deep voice said. Huh? Did I just hear the name Baek?
 
“Yep. I didn’t know it’s this awesome. I only saw it in pictures and heard from someone important. The beaches and sceneries are good too. Let’s go out after we’re done with the tour.” Was that the Baek guy?
 
“But I thought you were here to look for someone, should we look for that someone first? What’s the name again? So he could join the EXO gang and so that we could meet that special one.” the same guy spoke again.  What? So he’s here because of someone.
 
“Hannie. And are you guys sure that’s okay with you? You might die out of diabetes ‘cos I’d be really sweet with Hannie.”Chokingggg. Diabetes, what the?! And Hannie? Who’s Hannie? So he could be here because of someone. Luhan was dying and crying his eyeballs out because you didn’t try to respond to his emails and then you’re here because of that Hannie?! Are you messing with my Lulu’s feelings?! Sehun forming balls with his fist. He pressed record to his mobile phone because he wanted Luhan to hear everything in this conversation.
 
“Yeahhh, that Hannie. You haven’t seen him yet? And aeee~ diabetes huh.” There, speak you .
 
“Nope I haven’t. But I would look for him. I have to explain things. I said I would look for him when I go here in Korea.” And Luhan was waiting for you all along but then you have someone to look for then huh.
 
“Do you know where to look for him?” Baek shakes his head and sighs.
 
“I don’t.” Can this conversation be more interesting? Beads of sweat are forming in his temples for staying long in the CR but eavesdropping gets better and better.
 
“You sure you’re going to look for that Hannie then?”
 
“Yep, love at first sight, puppy love. You know and besides, there’s nothing wrong in trying right?” Sehun heard that the boys are going outside. He’s ready to go out wiping the sweat by his shirt when he heard that there’s still someone left.
 
“Luhannie, I will look for you. I will prove you that I didn’t break my promise. I will look for you Luhan. I promise that I will.” Then he realized something, Hannie and Luhannie why haven’t I thought of it. If Luhan is looking for Baekhyun and Baekhyun is looking for Luhan as well… So I’m an extra then? Game Over?
 
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
Lu <3:
Yah! Aren’t you going to go out in that cubicle?! Do you plan to live there now?
 
 
 
 
Wait if Luhan is was waiting for me outside and Baekhyun was here just minutes ago…. Could it be… Could it be they saw each other already? Could it be they are now together outside? No. They can’t see each other.  If Luhan would know that Baekhyun was looking for him as well then this is over.
Sehun thought that in this situation, he’s already the loser and he just can’t take it how much more if Luhan would know about this?
 
As soon as Sehun came out he was holding his chest and looked for the sign of Baekhyun. Luhan was looking at him.
 
“Hey.” Luhan poked him in the arm.
 
“Are you looking for someone besides me who was standing here waiting for you to go out in that cubicle??” Sehun shaked his head.
 
“Then why are you like that? It seems like you’re looking for someone. And why are you so pale? Like you’ve seen a ghost or something. Do you feel sick?” Luhan, if only you knew what I’ve heard with my two ears then you won’t ask me. Baekhyun you’re first love was looking for you. What a love story. Sehun just sighed. Luhan and held his forehead to check his temperature but Sehun brushed his head as if touching Sehun would make him sick
 
“Do you feel bad again because of that anxiety attack?” And again Sehun just sighed. Luhan looked worried because as much as he liked to stalk Baekhyun, he can’t put his bestfriend’s health at risk.
 
“Let’s go home.” Sehun looked at him asking if he was sure and he just lead Sehun to the parking lot. Nothing’s wong Lu, it’s just that this heart hurts like it’s about to explode.
 
 
When they arrived in Luhan’s house, Sehun is still as cold as ice towards Luhan. He wasn’t speaking to Luhan. The other was worried of Sehun’s actions, usually he would bicker with him and would annoy him and say how desperate he is to go for the guy who probably don’t remember him anymore.
 
I think we need to see the doctor.” Is it because he’s feeling sick? Sigh. Sehun, speak to me. Sehun just looked at him.
 
“Those anxiety attacks are getting worse. I was trying to remember the last time you became like that, thesis days I think. Or when the homeroom teacher was trying to make you dance in that retreat or something. You sure that’s just anxiety attack?  It could be something else.”
 
Still no comment, Luhan shouted directly at Sehun’s ears.
 
“Sehun-ah!!”
 
Sehun was startled that he pushed the car’s horn hard, swear if any people in the neighborhood was taking the afternoon nap time, that person would beat his brains out.
 
“What?!” He said covering his ears.
 
“And you dared to answer me what?? I kept blabbering things, almost in the verge of dying out of worry because of that anxiety attack and you dared to answer me what?! I said we should see the doctor because it could become worse. Can you hear me now? Are you here now? Earth calling Oh Sehun please. You were ignoring me the whole morning. Tsk.” Luhan pouted and shaked his head.
 
Sehun went out of the car, straight to Luhan’s side and opened the door.
 
“Hey.” Luhan looked at his bestfriend earnestly because to be honest, they would always bicker and piss each other off but this is the first time that Sehun was ice cold to him. What’s wrong, God damn it! Answer me!
 
“Let’s go to the doctor tomorrow. I’ll ask mom. Okay?” Sehun walked and left Luhan outside. He doesn’t want to be this insensitive to Luhan but Baekhyun’s words kept replaying in his mind.
 
“Sehun-ah, talk to me.” Luhan held Sehun’s arms.
 
“This is just diarrhea or I ate something last night. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I hope.” Sehun went straight inside.
 
 
 
“Mooooom!” As soon as Sehun stepped inside Luhan’s home, he called Luhan’s mom. Luhan’s mom would prefer to be called mom by Sehun because Sehun is just like one of his boys.
 
“Is that the most handsome boy I know?” Luhan’s mom said as he heard Sehun’s voice. Welcoming him with a tight hug like her own son. Then a sudden thought struck him. What if Baekhyun would become Lulu’s boyfriend? Can I still barge here like a normal person? Can I still call Lulu’s mom “mom”? Baekhyun will be the handsome boyfriend then if it happens. And he has thought a lot of things which made him sadder and harder to breathe.
 
“Hey how about me? I’m not handsome now?” Luhan hugs his mom and kisses her cheeks.
 
“Hmm, of course you’re handsome too baby.” They giggled.
 
“Hey Handsome! Did hyung and popstar dream boy met already?” Jongdae said calling Sehun with their “brother terms.”
 
“Not yet, Sehun’s anxiety attack is worse. Last time I didn’t saw him in the airport, then the next day your creepy boss went in his apartment, and now of course we’re at the back side.” And then Sehun remembered exactly why Luhan haven’t seen Baek’s band is because he was ing him and Kai.
 
“We informed you that Planet whatever was there but you don’t want to leave me and my boss alone.” Sehun said matter of factly.
 
“Because Kai was there, I can’t leave you two alone.” Luhan retorted.
 
“So what?” Jongdae answered.
 
“Yeah Handsome Jongdae, you’re right. He was busy with being too protective. He thinks Kai would molest me.” The two laughed and Luhan wanted to punch the two.
 
“He’s jealous with our y boss, you know.” And the two laughed to the point they can’t breathe.
 
“I am not jealous okay! What’s y with that Kai anyway?!”
 
“First Stage.” Jongdae whispered to Sehun.
 
“Yeah, denial. Ahh, I know you’re secretly in love with me Lu. Okay, you don’t need to deny. I love you too.” Luhan throwed the throw pillows in their sofa making the living room wrecked.
 
 
“Dinner is—“ Luhan’s mom went out to call the three in the living room when she saw that Luhan was throwing the pillows to the two.
 
“Luhaaaan! Stop it.” Caught in the act, Luhan stopped and tried to reason out that it’s the two’s fault but the Handsome tag team made puppy faces which Luhan’s mom believed.
 
“Luhan since you’re the oldest, clean that mess and then come to the dining room. And you two, to the dining room, now.” What?! Luhan’s mom winked at the two and smiled at Luhan.
 
On their way to the dining room, Jongdae pulled Sehun’s shirt.
 
“Handsome, I like you to be my hyung’s boyfriend. Soo, go get Luhan hyung before Baek does, okay? Promise me.” Sehun smiles and nods. “Yes Handsome, I will.”
 
 
Sehun arrived in his dorm smiling big. Jongdae wants him to be his hyung’s boyfriend.
 
 
****
 
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
Lu<3:
Still up? Listen to the radio, Baek is in there. They said he would tell some stories about his pre-debut and why the last stop of tour is here in Korea. He might tell my story. /drools/ Need you to listen because I might fall asleep. Goodnight Sehun babe. Listen to the radio. Chu~
 
Babe? He just sent a text calling me babe? But asked to listen to Baek. Pssh. Nevertheless, he opened the radio. While listening to the interview, Sehun was calling all the Gods and kept chanting, “do not say it.” Repeatedly. If Baekhyun would say it in the interview that Baekhyun was looking for somebody here in Korea then he’s totally over. Luhan would know that it’s him.
 
It was towards the end of the radio program when the inevitable question was asked.
 
 
“Does EXO’s power vocals, baby faced Baekhyun have a girlfriend or a special someone that’s why you decided that the last stop would be Korea?” Baekhyun smiled as he remembered his Hannie.
 
“No I don’t and yes I do. Don’t have a girlfriend and yes I have someone special that’s why I’m here in Korea.” Sehun liked to cut all the means of that radio station to stop that radio show. Baekhyun continued. “I have someone special to look for here in Korea. That someone I will never forget. I hope he’s listening right now. I loved that person eversince I saw him till now. If ever you are listening Hannie, I’m here and I’m sorry.”
 
Sehun felt the world was spinning and his heart was almost crashed into pieces. Sehun knew Luhan was listening after all he was the one who reminded Sehun to listen to the radio program. The fight is over and he’s the loser. Goodbye Luhan. And for the first time, he allowed the tears to just flow in his eyes and let sleep eat him.
 
****
 
Sehun then accepted an offer to do a photo shoot somewhere in a province to ease his mind after the radio program. He needed space and time to think and that space doesn’t need Luhan in it because it will just confuse him more.
 
 
Flashback
 
 
“Are you sure you’re going to take this? It’ll be almost three weeks in the mountains and in the province. I thought..” Kai stopped because he knew what happened to Sehun. He doesn’t want to assign him in this photo shoot but Sehun insisted.
 
“Hey handsome, you sure you don’t want to tell his to Luhan hyung? He’d go crazy.” Sehun just smiled and Jongdae knew what it meant though he was not sure what radio program he was talking about. When Sehun left, Luhan went to Sehun’s apartment but no one was answering him so he decided to go in using his spare key.
 
He found a small note that that says he left for work matters.
 
I know you’re going to go here because you will miss me so bad you can’t sleep. I left for work didn’t bother to tell you because I know you’d stop me for Mr. McDreamy. Goodluck. I wish you both well.
-Sehun
 
When he saw the small note, he was confused and angry and well angrier than ever. I wish you both well, what was that for??
 
When Sehun left, Luhan felt empty. There were still shows of EXO in the country but he didn’t dare to stalk the band anymore. He went back to their family business and helped his mom while waiting for Sehun to come back. Every single time he would look at his phone to check if Sehun dared to answer that long message he just sent when he found out the note but nope he didn’t receive any message. How dare he?!
 
 
It was a rainy afternoon when Luhan was in his room the whole day looking at Sehun’s facebook account, checking if he checked his account looking for a sign of where he went but Sehun left no trace. He didn’t notice that his mom entered his room.
 
“Sneaky you, you left no trace I swear I’m gonna…” Luhan was tapping the screen of his laptop straight where Sehun’s picture was and talking to it as if the picture can hear him.
 
“I miss you Sehunnieeee.” He frowns and stopped tapping his screen feeling hopeless.
 
“Looking for Sehun?” Luhan looked and of course he denied. Says he was just checking his own account but Luhan’s mom even though he doesn’t know how facebook works, she knows his son is looking at Sehun’s account and she heard everything as well.
 
“I know how close you and Sehun are. You miss him, no?” Luhan stood and went to the window created a fog with his breath writing 세훈 바보 ㅠ__ㅠ  and muttered a yes.
 
“I miss Sehun mom. I miss that dumb Sehun mom. I really do.” And he hugged his mom.
 
 
Less than a week has passed and he can’t really stand it without Sehun. No messages, no calls or even emails. He can’t believe that Sehun would go to a place where there would be no means of communication. So even if he hates it, he knew there would be one person who knows where Sehun is. So he went to see Kai in their office.
 
 
“Hi, what can I—Oh, Luhan.” Kai was shocked to see Luhan and he knows why he’s here. He can’t help but laugh because he is sure that Luhan was mad.
 
1.       Jongdae is working for Kai but Jongdae said he doesn’t know where Sehun went because the boss won’t disclose details. Making Kai, of course the bad guy.
2.       Kai knows that Luhan was jealous of him. The fact that he visited Sehun one time and not leaving them alone was enough as to be a proof. But Luhan of course won’t tell that reason.
 
 
 
“You know why I’m here, let’s make the story short. You also know that I don’t like seeing you and I don’t like talking to you. Let’s get to the point. Where did you send Sehun?” Kai makes the lips are sealed action and Luhan wanted to just force and punch Kai but that won’t help.
 
“Luhan, I think Sehun needs space.” And who are  you to say that my bestfriend needs space?
 
“I just sent him somewhere. One thing is for sure, he’ll be back next next week.” Kai just smiled at Luhan.
 
“What part of the planet did you send Sehun? And next next week?! Do you normally send people for photo shoots that long?! I don’t believe you.” Luhan answered back.
 
“We do. As you see, that’s what we did for Sehun. And as we speak..” Kai acts to get his phone to check for his messages.
 
The truth is there’s no message to look for, just merely a part of acting and annoying Luhan to the core and also to take a stolen shot to send Sehun.
 
“He said he’s busy taking photos of the models in the location. If you have a message, I’ll relay it to him. Just write it here, I’ll go now to my office Luhan. Jongdae’s upstairs doing some editing. Help yourself to your brother.” Kai then again smiled and went to his office leaving Luhan with the post it and pen. I hate this Kai, I hate him to bits.
 
 
Kai then sends an email with Luhan’s stolen photo.
Someone’s looking for you and I was almost beaten.  I think this boy misses you. A lot.
 
 
 
 
End of Flashback
 
 
Sehun was glad to be back from the said assignment. Kai was laughing hard giving him the notes Luhan left since he said he acted to be the only one allowed to send him a message. Everytime Luhan would go  to the office, Kai would take a stolen picture to send Sehun. Sehun was mentally punching Kai because he’s definitely helping him to recover from the heartache but he gets the notes and reads everything. I missed Luhan more, wrong move.
 
As soon as he arrives  and unpacks his things in his apartment, he hears someone shouting outside the apartment.
 
“Sehunnieeeeee!” Luhan shouts from the outside. He doesn’t want to open the door knowing that Luhan has a spare key. But Luhan kept shouting and called him
 
/you’re my honey bunch sugarplum pumpy-yumpy-yumpkin you’re my sweety pie~~/
 
“Welcome baaaaaack! I brought groceries, open the door jebaaaal~” Sehun could almost see the aegyo of his bestfriend. You are older than me but you act like I am the older one.
 
“Okay, coming.” He hangs up and then he opens the door with Luhan and the tons of groceries and  a travelling bag. Okay, so I’m back. What’s up with the groceries and the travelling bag? Then Luhan shows him tickets. And what’s up with the tickets? As if Luhan could hear his unspoken questions, Luhan answered.
 
“Jeju Tickets screams vacatioooooon!” Jumpy Luhan went inside to get Sehun’s travelling bag, raiding Sehun’s closet leaving all the groceries and his own bag outside.
 
“When you left me, I searched for a cure for that anxiety attack to make me forget that I miss you a lot. It said maybe it was just stress. So I booked as a vacation in Jeju. You know the beach. And the small town has a small festivity, I heard they have carousel. But the beach would relieve our stress. Your stressed because of work and I became stressed because of waiting for you and I missed you so let’s goo!” Did he just say he missed me? Uhm, am I talking to Luhan? He back hugged Luhan and the other was stopped frozen.
 
Sehun shocked with his own actions blushed pink and left his room. What did I just do? He fakes a cough and asks who’s going with them.
 
He then remembered the radio program. What happened when he left after the radio program. He thought maybe Luhan was just making up to him because he’s going back to the US with Baekhyun.
 
“It’s just me and you. I just bought two tickets. Duh.” Luhan rolls his eyes still packing Sehun’s clothes.
 
“Without.. Planet shenanigans? Are we going to stalk him again?” Luhan laughed. Oh how Sehun missed that hearty laugh of Luhan.
 
“No. And when will you ever learn that it’s not Planet, Venus, Mars or any other planet. It’s EXO.” Luhan can’t stop laughing that he was now in tears. “ I also thought that maybe I just gave you stress for stalking EXO. So, a vacation sounds good. Ne?” And yep I was stressed, really stressed and hurt.
 
“Lu..”
 
“Yep?”
 
“Have you finished the radio program weeks ago?” Luhan stopped packing Sehun’s things. He laughed and sighed. He did?
 
“Unfortunately. No. My phone died when he was asked if he has a girlfriend or someone special so I just slept thinking you are listening. Have you? What did he say?” Sehun hopes high was yelling “yes! Yes!” and ran outside screaming “Yes!” Luhan followed him outside and pulled his hoodie facing him.
 
“Why are you yelling yes? Yes you finished the program?” Luhan pulled Sehun’s hoodie too much that their faces were too close.
 
*dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun*
 
Sehun can almost count Luhan’s eyelashes and he shaked his head.
 
“I thought you did, well anyway yeah. I did not. I didn’t even follow them when you left. Besides I think if we’re meant to see each other, then I think we will or maybe I should just be contented that we were once friends. Acceptance.” Luhan chuckled and went back inside. He resumed packing Sehun’s things. Sehun can’t feel anything but to be exuberant.
 
 
Sehun’s mood was as bright as the sun when they were on their way to the airport. Singing, “you are my sunshine, my only sunshine~”
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
Handsome_JongDae:
Ayo handsome make sure that when you comeback you’re already HunHan. J
 
And another message..
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
Kai:
Sehun-ah, goodluck you know I’m always a fan ;)
 
 
Sehun was laughing when he read both messages and suddenly thought of his equation for this vacation. Jeju+Sehun+Luhan+Confession=? Not sure how the equation would end but Game Face: ON. He would surely not go back to Seoul without telling Luhan his feelings, it’s now or never.
 
***************************************************************************************************
A/N:
If you've read the fic at exactly 02/14/13 from this chapter up to the succeeding chapters didn't change text color of the italicized words. Internet keeps on in on me so I'd probably edit using a dff computer :D
and oh! the cuppycake song :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNChulAdILY