Final: No One Else Come

Closer To You

 

 

“Sehun-ah, you sure you’re resigning? I don’t mind if you’re going to stay in Singapore. You can send me your input while you’re overseas. Just like Taemin hyung.” Kai looks at Sehun’s resignation papers. Sehun decided that he’s going to move out of Korea to totally move on or even just forget. His apartment reeks of Xi Luhan everywhere. He doesn’t have the heart to remove Luhan’s pictures pasted in every corner of his apartment even in his rest room. He tried to remove the one in his bed side but then when he did, he didn’t know why he was being unlucky all of a sudden. He then looked at the picture he tried to remove, it was Luhan close up with his tongue out and he laughed. I miss you. He muttered to himself.

“Yeah, you know I need to move out of Korea. I don’t want to be problem to the firm Kai, thank you.” He smiles at the couple. Grateful as well that this two became his confidants when it comes to his feelings towards Luhan.

“How long are you going to be there? We will miss you Sehun-ah.” Kyungsoo says as he prepares the baked macaroni and his home made brewed tea. The two prepared a small bon voyage party for Sehun.

“4 years at least. I actually wanted to practice photography there.” The two nodded and they wished Sehun to be well.

“When’s your flight? And Lu--,” Kyungsoo covers Kai’s mouth and hisses.

“Sehun-ah, sometimes my husband can be an insensitive .” Sehun chuckles as Kyungsoo attempted flick Kai’s lips but he misses and Kai gets his fingers and bit it lightly. Still an adorable couple.

“My flight is tomorrow, and no he doesn’t know. I heard from Jongdae that he flew to US though. We all know who is in the US. This time, I can probably say that I could be happy for Luhan.” He looks at the macaroni Kyungsoo made and it made his mouth water. The KaiSoo couple just let Sehun be and said that when he comes back to Korea, they would be waiting for the changed man Sehun.

 

****

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo was busy making Kai his cup of coffee when a startled Luhan went rushing to Kai’s office. Kyungsoo didn’t know what Luhan looks like in person, he knew Luhan as the man Sehun loves but he didn’t see him ever in person. He saw it in pictures though, pictures that Sehun has in his work station and in Sehun’s apartment when they went this morning to drive Sehun to the airport.

“Uhm, Luhan hyung?” Confused why this little man, whose eyes were shining bright was looking at him, examining him like some familiar specie he looked back with the same expression. Also why does this man know his name at the least? He haven’t seen this man ever since. A new employee perhaps?

Luhan just came back from US. He flew to the US and stayed there for a month to settle things with Baekhyun, to end things with Baekhyun. After the talk with Jongdae, he was now sure that he’s going to choose Sehun. His great love Sehun. While he was in the US, he would call Jongdae from time to time and would ask about his mom and Sehun. He planned to just stay for 1 week in the US. However his daily doze of Sehun was cut off when Jongdae said he resigned in his Kai’s photography firm. Jongdae said that the firm will close for Kai was getting married. Thinking that Kai married Sehun, he cried and made his stay in the US longer.

 

Flashback

 

He called Jongdae to tell that he’s going home tomorrow. Jongdae’s voice was a little indifferent unlike the times that he called before. It’s like he was hiding something.

“Jongdae, are you trying to hide something from me?” Luhan asked, he can feel his brother’s indifference.

“Hyung, sorry. I lied.” Luhan’s eyes became bigger.

“Lied about what?”

“About resigning.”

“Resigning to what?”

“To Kai’s photography firm.” When Luhan thought it was something serious all along when it’s not, he just laughed at his brother.

“What are you so nervous about? So what if Kai’s company is not yet closed or if you didn’t resign?”

“I think you need to hear this, you really should fly back to Korea if you wanted to see Handsome ever again.” Luhan shooked his head with the mention of Sehun’s pet name. He’s already married to Kai. Why am I going to chase after him? What’s the point, I can’t have him anymore.

“Jongdae, Sehun’s already married, right? I’m not chasing after him anymore.” Luhan heard Jongdae scratching his head and silence.

“Jongdae-ah? Still there?”

“I think you were mislead.”

“Huh?”

“Did  you just say that Sehun is married?” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Are you playing with me? You’re the one who told me that Sehun was married. Duh.” Bitterness clipped in his voice, he heard Jongdae flick his tongue.

“Tsk. I said Kai was married. I just said that it closed because I’m tired about telling you Sehun stories.” At that moment, it didn’t matter to him anymore. Kai is married to Sehun, that’s what he knew.

“Yeah, Kai’s married to Sehun, right?”

“I didn’t say that!” Wait, didn’t he?

“You did!”

“I said Kai was married but you never asked me who his bride was.” And Luhan then thought that Jongdae was right. He never did ask. But does it matter? He witnessed how Sehun walked out on him with Kai in the airport. They could have ended up marrying each other.

“Do you think it matters to me?”

“Yes it matters when you assumed that Sehun married Kai when he did not. And you need to listen to me because my phone’s about to die and I’m in the office and I overheard Kai and his partner talking about Sehun’s flight..” beep beep beep. ! Luhan cursed when Jongdae’s phone died. So if Sehun did not marry Kai, then he was being stupid all along because he assumed. Why the hell did I not ask? ! And did Jongdae mention about Sehun’s flight? So he’s leaving Korea? When?

He booked the early flight that day, he needed to see Sehun. He misses Sehun so much, and he swore that when he comes back from the US, he would apologize and would tell Sehun that he loves him and if he’s ready to accept him.

 

He is also ready to chop chop his brother Jongdae.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“Kyungsoo honey..” Kai called his wife and was shocked to see that Kyungsoo was not alone. “Luhan.” He muttered.

Luhan looked back and saw Kai and he looked at the man that he called “honey” and closed his eyes, face palming himself. How could he assume that Sehun married Kai right away?

“Honey, this is Luhan, Luhan meet my wife, Kyungsoo.” And I am right, they didn’t marry each other. Now where is Sehun?

He went out of Kai’s office and went upstairs where Sehun’s station was but then the station doesn’t have any trace of Sehun at all. He went down and checked every room but no sign of Sehun as well. That’s when Kai spoke.

“He’s not here anymore. He just left Korea Luhan.” Luhan’s coherent mind left and he sat down on his knees.

“Oh my. Honey, help him!” Kyungsoo puts Kai’s coffee in his desk and rushed to Luhan, together they help Luhan to stand up.

“When did Sehun leave?” He asks. Why so sudden?

“Just this morning. We’re sure that he’s in Singapore but he hasn’t given out the details to us.” Kai pats Luhan in his shoulders.

“When is he coming back?”

“After 4 years.” Luhan sighed.

 

It’ll be a long wait Sehun-ah. But he waited for Baekhyun before for 8 years with no direct contact. He probably could wait for Sehun. It’s just 4 years, no big deal. 4 years with the back-up and Kai and Kyungsoo, he could endure that. And this time, he’s sure that he’ll never sway.  All for you Sehun, all for you.

 

****

 

After 4 years

 

Sehun was now a famous photographer in Singapore. The name Oh Sehun earned a lot of achievements in the photography world and he even has his own firm in Singapore. Even with the said achievements, he still contacts the KaiSoo couple.

 

He was on his way to the firm when he hears the news in the radio.

 

K! News Worldwide

EXO’s superstar vox Byun Baekhyun engaged to be married. Not wanting the press to know who he’s engaged with, the said superstar was strutting his engagement ring to the press but keeping the…

 

He didn’t finish the news. Clicking an intercom like button inside his stylish van, the chauffeur ended the radio program. So they ended up getting married? I’m happy for you Luhan.

 

“Good morning Sir, what would you like for breakfast?” His red hair assistant asked. He just smiled and his assistant can’t help but admire the mighty fine sight of his young boss.

“I ate already Suho hyung, thank you. Do I have any message?” He examines the photos left in his table.

“There’s a few, the SG press wanted to interview you about the photos you took when you were with the Dutch Princess would you like to do the interview?”

“I’ll do the interview but will not share my photos yet. The Dutch Princess doesn’t want to show the baby photos just yet.”

“Okay, noted. A Photography School wanted you to host a talk. Go?”

“When?” Sehun was checking his schedule in his planner.

“Not yet sure.”

“Ask them when then I would look at it.”

“And there’s Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin, it’s a fax. I left it in your desk.”

“Okay Suho hyung, thank you.”

“Sure, no problem.”

 

He then checks the invitation. A Gallery Exhibition in Jeju Island? His brows twitched but he didn’t think twice. Pressing the button to reach his assistant’s desk he said that he needs to schedule an urgent flight to Jeju and to cancel his appointments.

 

****

 

 

Welcome Back to Korea Sehun. He said to himself while pulling his rolling suitcase. It’s been a while since he came back home. He missed the feeling of being at his own country. He loved it in Singapore but he still loved the feeling of his own home. Fishing his phone he calls the KaiSoo couple.

 

“Kai, Kyungsoo hyung.”

“Sehun-ah, are you in Korea now?” The two asked, excitement in their voice.

“Yep. Just landed in Korea. I’m on my way to the apartment. I’m beat, I need to rest.” He looks for the service that the two rented for him.

“Have you seen the car?” He saw a red car with his name on the sign board.

“Yes, I think I saw it already. Thanks Kai, Kyungsoo hyung. I’ll see you tomorrow in Jeju.”

“Okay, good luck.” Sehun confused why the two said good luck just let it pass.

 

 

“How was the flight sir?” Luhan pretended to be Sehun’s chauffeur. It was Kai’s idea. At least he get to see how Sehun’s been, they knew that Sehun would be tired when he arrives because everything was so sudden. They sent the invitation 2 days before the actual “Gallery Exhibition” and the KaiSoo couple is sure that Sehun will not ignore it.

“Bumpy.” Sehun answers plainly. Wanting to get some rest at the back of the car after a tiring flight, he doesn’t want to engage in a small pep talk anymore.

“How’s Singapore sir?” Oh Sehun, you rude human handsome adorable human being. Luhan looks at the driver’s mirror, he wanted to caress Sehun’s tired face and kiss him, wanted to massage that tired body and kiss his temples to lessen the headache that has been formed due to the sudden flight but he stopped himself. Get a grip Luhan. You’ll have all the time to do that tomorrow.

“Singapore is a nice place.”

“Sir—“ Sehun cuts him with a grunt.

“Can I take my rest? It’s still a long ride from here to my apartment and I’m beat. Would that be fine? Thank you.” He saw Sehun rolled his eyes and as soon as Sehun closes his eyes, he smiles. I missed you Sehun-ah.

 

****

 

February 14, 2024

 

Sehun arrived in Jeju Island, where he almost confessed his heart to Luhan. Speaking of Luhan, he remembered and honestly thought how the other was doing in the US with his fiancée Baekhyun. He never talked after the incident in Gyeonggi-do and he regretted every single time when he remembers it. He thought that he could have talked to Luhan about how he wants to see him happy but not in that way. But then it happened already, he can’t take it back anymore. They already have their own lives and that’s it.

 

He looks at the invitation and asked for the directions where the Gallery Exhibition was, and noticed the same hotel. He knew that hotel by the beach. That’s where they checked in when they were still there in Jeju. He tried to talk to a local, the man he said he didn’t know and gave him a note. He opened the note,

 

The two of us alone together.

 

Not sure what it means, he walked by the shore and a kid came running wearing a familiar life-saver. The was kid wearing a duck life-saver, she gave him a note. He thought he saw that life-saver already and smiled when he remembered the thought, Luhan. He read the note thinking that it was the direction.

 

I will never let another come between the two of us.

No one else will ever take your place.

 

He then again walked and saw the fishing shore and remembered what had happened years ago, he planned to confess in here, the actual fireworks and the very first time he prepared dinner for Luhan. There was a couple eating by the deck where Luhan made it like before, a kid tugged him by the shirt, the kid was wearing a life-duck saver, again? And the kid passed the note.

 

No one makes me feel the way you do.

You’re so special to me Sehun.

And you’ll always be.

 

Rubbing his neck, he looks at the people around the area. Who could have been playing a prank on him passing him love notes like this? KaiSoo couple? He cancelled his important meetings in Singapore just to be played  a prank on? It made his blood boil. He doesn’t like to be played a prank.

 

He walked again, he planned to go home. He thought that there’s no Gallery Exhibition. On his way back to the boat that will take him to the airport, he saw a sea urchin and he’s glad that he didn’t stepped on it. Beside the sea urchin was a note.

 

The Exhibition is in the carnival. I’ll be waiting :)

 

 

His brows twitched and he smiles. But then he goes to the carnival. He remembered memories in that carnival. The long wait and all.

“Hi, is there an Exhibition in here?” He asks the person in the booth when he noticed it was Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo hyung!” He exclaimed, the smaller boy was grinning.

“Go inside for you to find out Sehun-ah.” Kyungsoo smiles and he follows what the older said. In the gates of the carnival stood Kai, wearing a security uniform. He laughs at Kai’s costume.

“What the hell?” He laughs endlessly.

“If it’s not for that person I won’t do this. Go now.” Kai pushes him inside the carnival and there he saw his pictures. As he walks to towards the carnival’s entrance, he feels something funny is brooding in his stomach. Anxiety Attack?

 

And a portrait of Sehun sleeping with the same caption in his head was in the carnival. He laughed when he saw it. He walked further to find portraits of him and Luhan together.

 

I’d like to spend the first day of the year with you

 

That was their young faces holding sparklers, the very first new year they had together and ever since, Sehun promised that he would be spending the first day of the New Year.

 

Spend all the valentines and let our teeth die of tooth decay.

 

Pictures of a grumpy him, and a smiling Luhan eating chocolate bars and staining their teeth with chocolate while laughing was posted. He was never a fan of chocolate but when Luhan was there, he eats one.

 

March with little Sehuns and cute baby Luhans during their graduation.

 

That was their pictures from graduation from pre-school to college. Luhan-ah.

 

Celebrate our birthdays together until we’re too old to remember our birthdays anymore.

 

Him and Luhan celebrating their birthday with cake frostings in their faces. Four years had passed and he never celebrated his birthday in Singapore because it was never complete without Luhan.

 

I know this would sound creepy but I’d like to be your White Lady as long as you’re my adorable Frankenstein <3

 

A photo of their very first win as the scariest costume during Trick or Treat. Sehun clutches his heart while glancing at the photos.

 

Most of All I’d like to spend my Christmas with you.

I won’t need Santa to give me a gift because you were the greatest gift I ever had.

And then start the year all over again.

 

It was their photo wearing the reindeer and Santa costume. And a final collage of all the photos.

 

 

Sehun was pre-occupied by looking at pictures when he noticed that the photo trail comes to a stop in the carousel. The very same carousel he rented that night when he was going to confess to Luhan.

Luhan comes out wearing simple clothes. He knew that he doesn’t need to be so fancy in front of Sehun. Sehun loved him the way he is and he loved his Dummy Sehun, no reasons or whatsoever.

 

“Hi Sehun-ah.” Luhan smiles at him. He blinks and rubs his eyes thinking, is this real? Luhan flicks him in the forehead. They’ve been best of friends for God knows how long, he knew that face.

“You’re not dreaming dummy.” Luhan grins and bites his lip making Sehun massage his temples and rub his eye for one more time.

“Luhan.” He finally had the courage to speak. He can’t believe he just walked into this very same carnival and he walked through their pictures.

“I missed you.” Luhan walked closely to Sehun feeling that unusual rush.

“I missed you too, but I heard..” Luhan silencing him with his index finger. He stopped and felt that fingers towards his lips.

“We didn’t marry each other, as you can see, I’m here. With you.” Luhan circled his arms to Sehun’s neck while Sehun s his arms to Luhan’s waist. Perfect Match.

“How have you been?” Luhan asked while burying his face to Sehun’s chest that became broader than he can remember, he used to sleep on this chest and this arms. How did this lanky boy become so manly? He smiles at Sehun’s chest inhaling this scent that he missed.

Swaying to the music in the carnival, Sehun was still in denial that he’s with Luhan.

“Well, I’m still handsome as you can see.” Luhan giggles. Sehun loved how Luhan giggles against his chest. He missed the sound of Luhan’s giggling. He sniffs Luhan’s soft hair. Luhan’s scent is still the same. Sweet, candy-ish with a mixed with musk and strawberry shampoo. He wasn’t a fan of sweet scents but with Luhan, he would always crave that scent. They continue to sway until Luhan lets go to get something from one of the horses in the carousel.

 

“Sehun-ah, I’ve been a dummy all those years, believing to something I thought that was the one for me but I was wrong.” Sehun shocked with Luhan’s words he wanted to stop Luhan but of course like the good old days, he won’t win. “I realized that without you, I’m incomplete.”

Luhan gets a small box, he remembers how Sehun waited for him in this carousel. The KaiSoo couple told him everything about Sehun’s struggle in confessing. So he thought the moment Sehun comes back, he won’t make it hard for Sehun. He’d given the other boy a lot of trouble and pain, this time he’ll ease those pain away.

 

“Luhan-ah—“ Luhan shushed him once again with a short kiss. “How rude, I’m not even done talking.”

“I can’t.. Why are you the one doing this?” Sehun was almost close to tears he shooked his head.”

“Sehun-ah look at me.” He looks up to see what Luhan was holding. A ring.

“KaiSoo couple told me how hard you tried to confess that secret feelings you have and everything we did here in Jeju made sense. You’re such a dummy Sehun-ah.” Luhan gazes a Sehun sweetly and cups his face.

“I love how you twitch your brows like this, how you strut your handsomeness, how you hate doing aegyo and how dummy you are. Most specially, I love how these hands..” Luhan interlocks their fingers. “Fit perfectly with mine. I want to hold you and look at those sparkling eyes.. and kiss your lips.” Sehun was breathless, his best friend, first love and last love was confessing to him. He can’t form any words.

“Will you—“ This time, Sehun was the one to silence him with a kiss.

“Marry me Luhan.”

And with the ponies and horses below the stars in the Island of Jeju, they kissed. The perfect mould of Sehun’s lip to Luhan’s was undeniable. Kissing sweetly while tears of joy gush from their faces. They waited for too long but the wait was worth it.

“I love you Sehun-ah.”

“And I love you too Luhan.”

 

****

 

February 14, 2030

 

Everybody listening to Sehun and Luhan’s story was at awe and tears. He stops to breathe to admire his best friend, first love, last love, soulmate, his wife in the middle aisle. Luhan can be a cry baby at times. Luhan have heard this story several times but he would always cry whenever he remembers all the struggle that their relationship had been through

“Baby, you’ve heard this a lot of times, why are you still crying?” Sehun teases Luhan and the other mouths “sweet dummy” he chuckles. “I’d like to thank everyone who came in our 5th anniversary and who celebrated their valentines with us, me and my loving wife Luhan are very thankful to have such loving people around us. Again, thank you and please enjoy the party.” Sehun comes down to the center stage and goes to his Luhan.

 

“You are such a sweet dummy.” Luhan brushing his husband’s nose he smiles.

“I know, but you love this sweet dummy. Don’t you?”

“I do. I have a surprise baby.” Luhan gives him a pregnancy strip. “Positive.”

Sehun shocked, not sure how that miracle happened but nevertheless happy that it happened.

“I’m going to be a father?” Luhan nods shyly and Sehun bear hugs him and spins him.

“Babe, put me down.” Sehun puts him down and touches Luhan’s tummy chanting, I’m going to be a father.

“You’re the best thing that’s happened to me Luhannie. I can’t ask for more.” Sehun can’t get enough of Luhan’s still flat tummy. He’s talking to it animatedly as if the little one can hear him already.

“You’re creeping me out, the baby can’t hear you yet.” Sehun didn’t bother but kept talking to his tummy. He slapped Sehun’s arms lightly and used his cute pout that Sehun can’t resist.

“You’re ignoring me already.”

“I am not baby. I’m just happy that we’re going to be a family.” And the thoughts of Little Luhan and Mini-Sehun running around make the two of them smile.

“You’ll be the best daddy because you are a great husband.”

“And a handsome husband too.”

Luhan giggled, loving how the confidence of his husband was oozing. “Okay, if you say so. That too.”

“You’ll be the most loving and sweet mom to our kids, baby. I love you. Happy Valentines and Happy 5th.”

“I love you so much Sehun-ah.”

“And I love you too. You and our little one in your tummy.”

 

**************************************************************************************************

The lyrics for the Jeju Scene before Sehun goes to the carnival was No One Else Comes Close by Joe.

How was it? :) If you happen to pass by this fic, thank you so much for reading <3

and yeah happy valentines <33333333

-C ^^