CH3: D-Confession. Or not?

Closer To You
 

 

 
 
Luhan was buying drinks because Sehun insisted they just leave the groceries at home. Sehun was busy planning how his confession would go. He was thinking of the words when he saw someone so familiar. Like those guys from posters in Luhan’s room and then that familiar face was not really just a familiar face. He knows this guy and of all the people he planned to see in the airport, this guy is definitely not the one he wanted to see or even run through.
 
, Byun Baekhyun.
 
His heart was thumping hard he could almost hear his own heartbeat. Scanning the spot where Luhan went. He can’t see him now, not now. Not when I haven’t told him what I’m feeling. He looks back and forth, back at Luhan’s then to Baekhyun.
 
 
Meanwhile, Luhan was thinking what to buy. Sehun said he doesn’t want to eat but of course he would force him to.
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
ohDUMBhun:
Where are you?
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
Lu <3:
Line’s long. Why? Did they call our flight already?
 
 
 
Sehun exhales knowing that when the God of Food calls Luhan, even if he needs to camp out in that line he will. He looked at Baekhyun and the rest of the band, they weren’t there anymore. He’s not sure whether that’s a good sign or a bad one. The urge of scanning  the airport so that Baekhyun and Luhan can’t see each other was too strong but he won’t do that because he isn’t that desperate yet.
 
 
/vibrates/
 
1 new message
ohDUMBhun:
No, take your time.
 
 
 
Luhan came back carrying candies, lollipop, chocolate and bubble tea. He was so sure that Sehun would be as grumpy as an old man because he waited and bubble tea would be the only thing that will keep Sehun’s nerves calm. But when he saw Sehun, he was yet again pale and fidgeting.
 
“Are you okay? Don’t tell me you’re afraid of flying?”  Sehun was tapping his fingers, and clicking his tongue. Luhan poked him and he fidgeted.
 
“What ‘s wrong?” Worried that maybe Sehun has a fear of flying, he gave Sehun’s bubble tea but he ignored the cup and said if he could go to the rest room maybe a splash of cold water would help, Luhan nodded and Sehun went by himself leaving Luhan confused.
 
 
 
On his way to the rest room he thought that things like this are inevitable and curses that Korea is not a small country, why is it when you’re so happy something would just come up to ruin the day? He also thought that maybe Luhan is right, if Luhan and Baekhyun are meant to see each other, then they would. No matter when and where. That he can’t force things not to happen. But if I could do something, then I could. But if they would really meet then moving on can be easy.. or.. not. Sehun’s frustrations grew and he can’t help but to think more plans on how Luhan would forget Baekhyun.
 
He was on his way out when he bumped to a guy.
 
“Ouch, I’m sorry.” Sehun apologized to the guy and looked at the guy that he just bumped. If he could just snatch a knife then he would because he realized, was he really that dumb that fates are punishing him?
 
****
 
“It’s okay.” Baekhyun muttered and smiled at the guy, he thought that maybe the guy was just in a hurry or maybe sick because he never saw a pale man before than this guy.
 
The guy was just looking at him. Starstrucked? Fanboy? Or he doesn’t know me? Which is which?  Baekhyun not sure what to do said, “Hi” and grinned at the guy to show that he’s not angry or whatever the guy was thinking of. But after he said “Hi” the guy ran and he just scratched his head. Then he remembers that the guy he just bumped into was familiar, like he saw him already on pictures but didn’t bother.
 
 
 
Sehun’s phone vibrates and swear he wasn’t sure why he ran for his life when he saw Baekhyun. He fished out his phone in his pocket, Luhan texted.
 
1 new message
Lu <3:
Boarding time babe!
 
The last thing he wanna do is to see Baekhyun and the rest of the band again in this airport so he ran to where Luhan is. Luhan saw that his bestfriend still looks sick but he didn’t bother because when he asked him, he said he’s okay. Maybe flight jitters, you’ll be fine when we reach Jeju Sehun-ah. Then they boarded the plane.
 
 
****
 
 
When they arrived in Jeju, Sehun excused himself to go to the rest room again. Luhan did not make it an issue because he was thinking that maybe Sehun was really afraid of flying so he let his bestfriend be.
 
Sehun then called Kai, not sure why he needed to call Kai, he dialed his number.
 
“Hello~” a sweet voice answered Kai’s phone.
 
“Hi, Kyungsoo hyung.” Kyungsoo; Kai’s live in partner was the one who answered the phone.
 
“Hi Sehun-ah, how’s Jeju? I heard you’re in Jeju with Luhan.”
 
“Yep, we just arrived in Jeju haven’t visited sceneries yet because we’re still here in the airport. By the way Kyungsoo hyung, can you pass the phone to Kai? This would be really quick, I’m sorry if I interrupted something.” Sehun heard that the phone was being passed to Kai, Jongin honey, Sehun on the phone, quick because this is long distance.
 
“Hey, any developments already?” Sehun sighed and Kai knew what this meant. “So no?”
 
“I saw him.”
 
“Who?”
 
“Baekhyun, I saw him in the airport and I ran through him in the rest room when we’re still in the airport. Kai, what should I do?” Sehun was face palming himself. He also heard that Kyungsoo reacted. Oh great, I’m on speaker phone.
 
“Did they see each other?”
 
“No, not yet.”
 
“Meh, I thought they saw each other already.” Kai laughs.
 
“But I saw him Kai. I saw him with my own two eyes.”
 
“You did. But Luhan did not. Unless Baekhyun is there in Jeju, then you can go crazy. Sehun-ah, they didn’t see each other. Besides, Luhan planned that trip for the both of you, Baekhyun is not included when he scheduled the trip.” Sehun nods and sighs.
 
“But what if Baekhyun is here in Jeju?”
 
“That is not a problem unless they see each other. So as long as they don’t then you don’t have to worry about it but you have to move fast. Jeju is not as big as Korea. They CAN see each other if he really is there so you have to tell him what you’re feeling before they do. I can feel that Luhan likes you as well.” Sehun can see through those words that Kai was smiling. Such a fanboy of a failed love affair.
 
“Okay, okay. Thanks Kai.”
 
“Aright, enjoy Jeju and goodluck. You can do it!” And then they both hang up.
 
 
 
“What took you so long? The luggages are heaaaaavy.” Luhan was patting his shoulders and Sehun helped him with it. He was looking at Luhan. But an airport confession with the luggage is not a good scene, I’ll save it for later.
 
“What?” Luhan asks.
 
“Nothing.” And they went straight to the hotel to rest.
 
 
 
When they arrived in the hotel, Sehun is still pre-occupied so Luhan went to the front desk and claimed their key card.
 
“I booked us in one room.” Luhan announced as he passes the key card to Sehun. Sehun was just looking at him brows twitching on why they would share a room.
 
“You should know this by now why I only booked us in one room. Don’t worry, I won’t jump on you. Pfft!.” And Sehun just laughed. They carried their luggage to the elevator and pressed 12.
 
 
 
****
 
 
“Welcome to Jeju!” The people from the hotel welcomed EXO warmly. They were smiling at everyone.
 
“People in Korea are so nice. I like it in here.” Xiumin said while munching complimentary baozis.
 
“Baek, I told you we could look for Luhan first before we go here in Jeju.” Chanyeol said while he sips on the complimentary strawberry shake. Thanks for the hotel package their manager got for them.
 
“Looking for Luhan would be hard. So, we can as well rest first then I would look for Luhan.. Wait.. Is that..” His words were cut short when he saw a familiar face in the front desk carrying a pink luggage with a guy that he saw from the airport. He gave the shake that he was holding to Chanyeol. He was about to approach the guy that was in the front desk when a fan stopped him.
 
“ByunBaek oppa.” A kid stopped Baekhyun from walking. Baek loves kids and he can’t ignore the little fan but he needs to escape before Luhan gets out of his way.
 
“Hi, what’s your name baby girl?” He was looking at that guy in the front desk. Luhan. Even if he hadn’t seen Luhan for years now, he was sure and his heart was sure that it was Luhan.
 
“Haerin.” The little girl smiles adoring Baekhyun’s cat’s smile. The little girl then holds Baekhyun’s hands and gets the cd for Baekhyun to sign.
 
“Haerin-ah why are you bothering an oppa again.” A woman called the little girl and when he came close the woman was shocked that it was the famous Byun Baekhyun.
 
“I’m sorry if she bothered you she’s a fan of you and your band, I’m her mom.” Baekhyun smiled and shaked her hand. He then signs the cd and Baekhyun gave the cd to the girl’s mom. They engaged in a small conversation and then the girl and her mom left.
 
When he looked at the front desk, Luhan wasn’t there anymore.
 
 
EXO went to the front desk to claim their key cards to their hotel room.
 
“Excuse me, do you have a guest named Xi Luhan that checked in today?” Baekhyun asked the front desk. He can’t be wrong he said to himself.
 
The lady in the front desk checked the files. “I’m sorry sir, but we don’t.”
 
“Can you please check the files again? I’m sorry, thank you.” Baekhyun smiles and the front desk lady was swooning because the lady was a fan girl.
 
“I double checked the files from today but no I didn’t get any Xi Luhan from the list of results. Sorry.” Aish. I knew I twas Luhan.
 
“How about the guy that was here a while ago, what was his name?” The lady tries to remember the guy that Baekhyun was describing.
 
“Oh Sehun was the name registered if you were talking about that cute couple that was here.” Oh Sehun? I think I’ve heard that name somewhere else, but wait, did she said the couple? “They are a couple?” The lady nodded. Can’t be, that was Luhan. “Thank you.” Baekhyun claimed his key card.
 
They went to the elevator and pressed the penthouse button.
 
 
 
****
 
 
The hotel room was big and cozy, you can perfectly see the beach waters and can even watch the sunset. It has one bed, a couch, a small bar and a fire place. Perfect for a special dinner if I plan to confess here in our room but no Sehun thought.
Luhan was busy unpacking their things while Sehun was in the patio. Again, thinking how will his confession would go.
 
What if I just go to Luhan while he’s unpacking our things and then I will hold his hand and stop him from unpacking and say, “I love you Lulu do you love me too?”  That’s pretty plain. He thought.
 
How about I stand in a stool then face the patio and shout, “I LOVE YOU LUHAAAAN! WILL YOU BE MINE?” If he doesn’t then I can jump in the patio out of embarrassment. That’s remotely stupid. He face palms.
 
What if, I just tell him, “I love you Luhan” that’s it. No reasons or whatsoever. I bet he’ll just laugh because I always tell him that I love him, nothing special.
 
“Aishhhhh!” He shouted out of frustration and Luhan stopped.
 
“What’s the matter?” Luhan asked but Sehun went inside and was rolling in the bed nonstop holding the sheets. He ignored Sehun then and let his bestfriend be mummified by the sheets. Soon Sehun was screaming and crying for help because he can’t breathe and was stucked in the sheets he can’t move. Dumb indeed, Luhan thought he was dying because of too much laughter.
 
 
 
When Luhan was finished unpacking everything, he went in the bed beside Sehun who still gazes at the ceiling then would scream “Aish” out of frustration. He pulled Sehun’s arms and made it his pillow. Sehun being pre-occupied with the thoughts of his own confession didn’t noticed that Luhan made him a human pillow and Luhan already said “Goodnight Sehun-ah” then drifted off to sleep.
 
He then felt that his arms are feeling numb and that something heavy is in his arms when he saw Luhan already made him his own human pillow. Ninjaaaa! How did you get into my arms when I didn’t feel anything? His eyes perfectly doing this O____O while thinking how Luhan got into his arms. He tried to remove him, slowly, slowly but when Luhan’s head was almost in the pillow, Luhan held tighter and clinged one of his legs into his making it harder to move. Luhan’s nose was almost in his armpit and then Luhan muttered, “Hmmm, Sehun-ah.” Sleep sniffing him or whatever you call that action. Nevertheless, he liked the feeling that Luhan was sleeping comfortably in his arms so he stopped bothering how to remove Luhan.
 
“Night Lulu~ sleep comfortably, I love you.”
 
 
He then received a text message, moving slowly as to not wake up the sleeping figure in his arms.
 
1 new message
Kai:
CODE RED! BAD NEWS. BAEKHYUN AND THE WHOLE BAND IS IN JEJU. YOU HAVE TO MOVE FAST SEHUN. MOVE FAST.
 
 
*dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun*
This can’t happen. Game Face: ON. Operation Make Luhan Fall In Love COMMENCE!
 
 
****
 
 
OPERATION MAKE LUHAN FALL IN LOVE DAY 1
 
 
The nexy day, it was a sunny morning, a perfect day to have a tan and to swim deep in the beach waters. The water was warm, the people in the beach were having fun, playing beach games, eating and enjoying the warmth of the sun except for Oh Sehun.
 
 
 
“Sehun-ah! Let’s go to the beach and swiiiiim~~” Sehun didn’t know how he will start his OMLFIL because Luhan practically wants to kill him the first day by swimming in the beach. It’s not that he’s afraid of the sun but he doesn’t have a talent in swimming.
 
“You fully know I can’t swim. Right? Trying to kill me before the vacation ends?” Sehun got a fork and illustrated Luhan to just use the fork to kill him gracefully. Luhan snorted at the act.
 
“I can teach you. Come onnnn~” Luhan was brave because he brought his duck shaped life savers with him.
 
“You have that big rubber floater with you. And who even brings that duck in the beach?! Luhan we are not kids anymore, adults don’t use duck life-savers.”
 
“Me. Hehehe. Besides, I’m not the only one who’ll use it. I know my bestfriend can’t swim soo..” Luhan grins at him and by that he knew he’d be using it too mentally killing his 5 years old bestfriend trapped in a 21 year old boy’s body.
 
 
They went to the beach and Sehun swore everyone was looking at them because
1.       Luhan’s gold hair is almost shining when he went into the sun and his perfect body is exposed for everyone to see making people appreciate the scenery more.
2.       Luhan insisted he use the duck life—saver and Luhan made him wear it as well. So he was walking in the beach wearing a duck life saver.  They were fighting about how stupid he will look wearing those but Luhan used his killer pout that he can’t deny and said he looks so cute in it and GOOD BESTFRIENDS  join their bestfriend in swimming and  wear cute duck life-savers. Okay.
 
“Luhan this is embarrassing.”
 
“No.” Luhan was all smiles and was very eager to touch the waters when someone stopped them.
 
“Hi, can we take a picture of you two? You’re so cuuuuute.” The girl in a green two piece said. Sehun was grumpy but then Luhan clings to his arm and then smiles.
 
“See? We don’t look stupid, we look so cuuuuuuute.” Luhan copies the girl and Sehun wanted to stop his bestfriend because he was cute indeed. He also heard the girl said that they are such a cute couple so he  thought maybe wearing that duck wasn’t a stupid act at all? Luhan then ran to the beach with holding the duck life-saver and he can’t help but adore this guy a little more. Kids went to Luhan because of his life-saver and now Luhan is playing with the kids.
 
 
“Can I have it oppa?” The little girl cooed and Luhan can’t help but to be awed by the kids that he’s playing with.
 
“Sure sweet thing, you can have it.” Luhan removed his life-saver and gave it to the little girl.
 
“Oppa, how about me? I want it tooooo.” The other kid said and they were pulling his life-saver like it would be torn into two. Sehun then came and gave the other girl his life saver. Thank God, I got rid of it. Luhan frowned when Sehun gave his life-saver to the little girl.
 
“Thank you handsome oppa and cute oppa.” The two kids said and they ran to show their mom the duck life-savers given by the two.
 
 
“Hey, what’s wrong?” Luhan still frowning at Sehun.
 
“You gave them the duck, now how are we going to swim?” Sehun’s mouth forms an upward curve. And I thought something was bothering him.
 
“If you wanted to swim, then I could watch you from here.” Luhan shakes his head fervently. Too cute.
 
“I want to swim with you though, but you can’t swim without it.” Luhan then walks to the shore disappointed.
Sehun gets his arms. “You can teach me the basics of swimming, then I guess that would help me. Let’s just.. don’t..” He wasn’t even finished when Luhan hugged him and then held his hand and ran into the water.
 
 
Luhan taught him the basics of swimming and Sehun learned fast. Soon, they were playing in the water when Sehun saw a big wave approaching. Having his hero-like instinct, he was swimming his way to Luhan when his legs felt numb and he experienced cramps and out like a light, he felt he was being pulled down into the water.
 
 
 
Sehun knew that he was in the beach swimming his way to Luhan, when he woke up he saw two orbs and a golden hair watching him closely.
 
“Dumb.” It was Luhan eyeing him, eyes red he knew Luhan sort of cried.
 
“Sorry.” His first words to Luhan when he woke up.
 
“No, I’m sorry. It’s my fault.” Luhan sitted into the clinic’s bed. “I should’ve took your word or I should’ve brought extra life savers.”
 
“I’m okay though.” Sehun ought to stand but Luhan pushed him down.
 
“Are you sure?” Sehun nodded.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“Because I have to say something to you.”
 
“What?”
 
 Luhan inhaled and exhaled. “But what force of dumbness and duh-ness did you do out there a while ago I almost died out of worry when I saw you weren’t there anymore! And then I tried to shout but then I was swimming and then I thought I hit something and when I went into the water I saw you! And I was going crazy thinking how long have you been submerged in there!! I thought I was dying swimming on our way to the shore!” Luhan breathed out then he started to sob.
 
“I said I’m sorry.” Sehun slowly stood up, feeling that heavy head but had to comfort his worried bestfriend.
 
“You should be! Hmp!” Luhan still sobbing faced Sehun.
 
“Sorry Lu if made you worry.”
 
“Don’t do that ever again. Promise?” Luhan raises his pinky.
 
“Promise.” Pinky swear.
 
 
So much for my first day to make him fall in love, I drowned. He thought and then they went out of the clinic to go back to their hotel room.
 
****
 
OPERATION MAKE LUHAN FALL IN LOVE DAY 2
 
“Sehun-ahhhh!” And another jumpy Luhan woke him up from a deep slumber carrying fliers.
 
“I’m really impressed how energetic you are in the morning.” Sehun scratches his eyes and gets the fliers Luhan was giving him.
 
“I want to try that boat where they take you to the islands, they said it was fun and snorkeling. Omg omg omg. You know what I always wanted to see a real life nemo. Donghae-hyung’s family of fishes! Hahaha. Sehun-ah, let’s try pleaaaase.” Sehun still sleepy with hair sticking out from every direction didn’t process everything that Luhan said. But because he was doing that killer pout again, Sehun nodded.
 
“Okay. Let’s do that.. but give me—“
 
“YAAAAAY! Love you much Sehun-ah! Up up and let’s take breakfast then we go to the boat first or maybe the snorkeling? “ Luhan was pushing him to the bathroom and then closed the door. He was still thinking what he’s doing in the bathroom when Luhan opened the door and gave him his towel and his clothes and undies.
 
“You go take a bath and then I will think what we should do first.” Luhan winked and then shut the door. Wow, he blinks and then he realized what he just agreed to do. The boat ride was okay but the snorkeling.  Just, wow Sehun.
 
 
 
After 123456789 times Luhan changed his mind on which they would do first if island hopping or snorkeling he decided they should ride the boat first and then they go visit Donghae’s family of fishes. They rode the boat that took them to the different islands in Jeju and provided them with free drinks and free fruits. Luhan was enjoying himself and Sehun otherwise was enjoying watching Luhan pose with kids and play with the sand in each and every island.
 
 
“Sehun-ah, look at the sand castle I made.” Sehun looked. Luhan was very proud to show is art work and Sehun tried to stop himself from laughing but then laughter came out unexpectedly.
 
“Bwuahahahahahahahahahahaha.” Luhan throwed him a death glare and Sehun stopped himself but that little “hihi” can still be heard and Luhan wanted to kick him in the .
 
Sehun went to the sand castle if that was really a sand castle that Luhan made. It looked like hills on top of each other.
 
“It looks..”
 
“Shut up!” And Luhan went back to the boat, pissed off.
 
They went down the boat and then proceeded to go to lunch because Sehun said he wasn’t satisfied with the fruits. They went to snorkel after the lunch.
 
 
 
Snorkeling was supposed to be fun but not when fishes with big eyes would scare your way out. Sehun reminded himself.
 
“Don’t worry, you’re not gonna drown here because you have all the equipment.” Luhan assured him. Luhan then jumped into the water. Luhan was telling him to go down already so that they can visit Nemo’s family.
 
“Are you sure that sharks will not make us their lunch?” The dive master smiled.
 
“No sir, this area doesn’t have sharks. I assure you.” Sehun examined the dive masters face so if a shark planned to devour him down the water then he would hunt him like no one else could. Yes.
 
 
Luhan also hired a dive master that can take their photos while they’re at it snorkeling. The deep waters made both of them at awe. They were in the different world down the sea, quiet, peaceful and beautiful. Both were enjoying their conquests with the dive masters.
 
Luhan was fancied by Nemo’s family, his Donghae hyung’s family as he would like to call. And again, Sehun was enjoying himself looking at Luhan. I will never get tired looking at you.
But then as he was enjoying himself, he was startled when looked at the glass, some creature with big eyes and mouth was the helmet and inside the helmet, the fish’s eyes looked big that it scared him and he went on panic. He immediately swam up and muttered curses making Luhan worried again and he went up as well.
 
 
****
 
“Wahahahahahahahahahahahaha.” Luhan fell out of the bed laughing. They went back to their hotel room after dinner.
 
“Did you really think that the fish would eat you? Sehun-ah, that’s the funniest story you ever told me after all these years. Oh god, I can’t.. stop.. Hahahahahaha.” Sehun made a face and Luhan said “mehrooong” and then copied the fish’s eyes and laughed until he fell out of the bed again, crying out of laughter and Sehun just laughed with his bestfriend.
 
“Ohkaaaay, I’ll st—st—sto.. hahahahahahaha. I can’t stop. Oh God help. Hahahahaha.” And they laughed and laughed and laughed until their jaws were too tired from laughing at each other.
 
“That was one hell of a good laugh. I’d like to snorkel again.”
 
“Just make sure you won’t get scared with fishes ever again.” Luhan smiled and made Sehun’s flat tummy his pillow. Sehun thought that maybe this is the right time to say the things he wanted to say.
 
“Lulu, I wanted to say something.” Okay, let’s do this.
 
“Hmmm?” Luhan answered.
 
“I’m really happy we took this vacation.. this is, so far, the happiest day I’ve ever been. And Luhan, I’m really happy that my first Jeju trip is with you. Luhan..”
 
Zzzzzzzzz.
 
“Luhan?”
 
Zzzz zzz zzzz
 
Sehun smiled, Luhan fell asleep in his tummy.
 
“Goodnight Lulu.” He brushed Luhan’s bangs and then slept.
 
 
****
 
OPERATION MAKE LUHAN FALL IN LOVE DAY 3
 
They were in a fishing area because Luhan said he wanted to go fishing and that he never tried fishing. Sehun of course won’t win with Luhan and then just followed the other. A good hour has passed, Luhan haven’t caught even the smallest fish and Sehun got two already, another hour went with Luhan’s bucket 0 and Sehun has 5 already, Luhan was getting annoyed seeing his bucket with just worms but doesn’t have any fish yet.
 
“Yah! Don’t get all the fishes in here!” Luhan got Sehun’s equipment and said that maybe his equipment is not working well unlike Sehun’s. So they exchanged equipment but then another hour has passed, Sehun using Luhan’s equipment, he got 2 big  fishes and Luhan was down with 0 in his bucket.
 
“I don’t want to this anymore!” Luhan stood up and went back to their hotel room leaving Sehun behind.
 
 
 
 
Luhan was in their hotel room playing Fish Frenzy, pissed that he would never do fishing once again because it was the most boring day in Jeju. Someone knocked in their door, thinking twice if he would open the door, the person outside slipped a letter in their hotel door. He picked the letter up and recognized the handwriting. Sehun’s.
 
Meet me at the fishing shore ^_^
 
 
He got his jacket and started to walk in the shore. He then noticed a table for two, he looked for Sehun but he wasn’t there. He approached the table and found another note.
 
Please feel free to appreciate the show~ ^^
 
 
And then there’s fireworks. Wow. Sehun was at the back watching Luhan mesmerized by the fireworks display.When the fireworks display was over, Sehun went out carrying a tray.
 
Luhan giggled when he saw Sehun wearing a waiter’s uniform. “What are you doing?”
 
“Uhm, dinner?” Sehun shyly smiled and Luhan was impressed. His bestfriend knows how to do a perfect moment.
 
“And the fireworks?”
 
“It’s not from me, it really is from the resort.” Luhan laughed not believing Sehun.
 
“You cooked our dinner?” Sehun nodded and Luhan smiled.
 
They were silent during dinner. Not sure why it was awkward. They used to share dinner times together but tonight were kind of different. Nobody wanted to talk, just feeling the perfect atmosphere and secretly glancing each other.
 
 
*dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun*
 
 
Sehun’s heart was beating fast. He planned that he will confess tonight. So he prepared their dinner and found out that he can cook the fish that he caught. He also knew that Sehun can ask someone to set up the dinner by the shore and of course the fireworks display was his fault too. He needed the perfect ambiance for a perfect timing and he thought that now is the perfect time by the beach.
 
 
After dinner, Luhan wanted to fly sky lanterns, they saw a gift shop. They went inside the gift shop and saw an old lady.“Hi, are you a couple?”
 
“Yes.” Sehun answered and Luhan held his arms and the old lady smiled.
 
“You’re a cute couple. Take this sky lanterns with you, you can write your wishes inside and then let it fly.” The old lady gave them one each. “I hope your relationship would prosper. Take care.”
 
“Thank you for the lanterns ma’am.” Luhan and Sehun said.
 
 
 
They were walking by the shore side by side. The urge to hold Luhan’s hands was there but he thought, the moment he confesses and Luhan would say “yes” he would have all the time he wants to hold his hand.
 
“What are you going to wish for?” Sehun looked at Luhan who’s now preparing to let his lantern fly.
 
“I wish for the both of us to be well, to be happy, and to find that one who would complete me.” Luhan then giggled with his own words. Closing his eyes, he muttered some more wishes and he let his lantern fly.
 
“How about you?” When Luhan looked at Sehun’s side, he has his eyes closed. Holding his lantern and was ready to let it go.
 
“What about me?” Sehun faked and Luhan did his killer pout. Sehun looked up and said,
 
“I wish for your wishes to come true Luhan. You know that I.. ouch!” Luhan looked why his bestfriend was throwing curses now.
 
“What happened?” Sehun sat down because he stepped on something. He was about to check what happened to his foot and totally forgot what he was holding when he released the lantern in the most ungraceful manner. Oh . Sehun closing his eyes. Totally pissed at his own self and his bleeding foot.
 
 
 
Everything was almost close to perfect and then I stepped on a sea urchin. Fail again.
 
 
****
 
 
The OMLFIL was then postponed because by their 4th day in Jeju, he spent his day inside their hotel room because he is suffering from fever due to the sting of the sea urchin last night. He also has a swollen foot he can’t walk properly. Luhan insisted on staying in the room as well but he noticed that Luhan was bored so he let the other go out and enjoy their stay in Jeju. Luhan would come back as fast as he could bringing polaroid pictures and souvenirs.
 
 
The 5th day, Sehun has still fever but he’s almost well. Luhan went out to join the Island tour once more. Sehun wanted to come with him but Luhan said he’s fine and he can do it alone though it would be fun if Sehun was with him.
Little did Luhan knew, Sehun went out and tried to search for the mini carnival that he found in the internet. Luhan was a er for carousels. Sehun then went to the carnival.
 
 
 
****
 
OPERATION MAKE LUHAN FALL IN LOVE D-DAY – CONFESSION
 
 
Sehun’s heart was beating fast. He was sure that if it could pop up in his chest, it would. His insides were doing somersaults. He never thought that this day would become so nerve wrecking. Of course he never tried to confess to anyone about his feelings, his first and last he thought. Ever since he was little, he was crushing on Luhan and his feelings for Luhan just grew stronger when he left and came back. When Luhan left him, he tried to look for a new bestfriend but no one could replace that bestfiend of his. It was crazy yes, but he’s crazy about Luhan.
 
 
He woke up with a snuggling Luhan into his chest.
“Tonight, I hope for you to be mine Luhannie.” Sehun smiled and admired the sleeping boy in his chest.
 
 
When they were eating breakfast, Luhan noticed that Sehun was all smiles. “Sehun-ah?”
 
“Yep?”
 
“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked.
 
“Nothing. I’m just happy today.” Sehun smiled big while devouring his breakfast. Luhan just shrugged and continue eating.
 
“Lulu, I heard there’s a carnival in town. Do you want to check it out?” Luhan nodded and then kept blabbering about carousels and cotton candies and plushies. Tonight, the whole carnival is ours Luhan.
 
 
Sunset came and Luhan fell asleep. Sehun took that opportunity to sneak out and prepare his D-DAY. There’s no turning back now Sehun.
 
The moment Luhan woke up, he saw the pink note.
 
Meet you at the carnival when you wake up ^_^
 
 
He smiled. Sehun was very affectionate the past few days. He wondered why suddenly his bestfriend was being like that. Like he ate some magic fruit and voila! He’s being sweet. Luhan laughed at his own conclusion but nevertheless, like the change that was happening to Sehun.
 
 
He was about to go out of the hotel when he heard someone call his name.
 
“Luhan.” He stopped walking, his heart on full throttle. He knew the owner of that voice. He listens to it a lot. He waited long enough to hear that voice again in person
 
 “Luhan, is that you?” Luhan not sure what to feel, he closed his eyes and weighed things out. He then decided to breathe in and looked back to the direction where that voice came from and no doubt he was right.
 
 
****
 
 
Sehun was in the carnival as early as 5pm to set up dinner, the balloons, the cotton candy man, the bubble tea (of course because just in case Luhan would say no, he could run in the comfort of bubble tea.) but he planned this day to be the best day ever.
 
It was 7pm when Luhan said he just woke up, just in time because Sehun just finished everything for his perfect set up. He then changed his clothes and then rehearsed his words.
 
 
8:00 PM:
 
Sehun was sitting in the carousel. Maybe Luhan is on his way? He then asked the operator to test the carousel if it was working perfectly fine. So he tried one round and yep the carousel was working and he felt dizzy. Why does Luhan enjoy this kinds of childish ride?
 
 
9:00 PM:
 
He sent a message to Luhan,
 
Hey, carnival’s closing at 12:00. Where are you? :)
 
 
He puts a smiley face so Luhan won’t think that he was angry or demanding. The last thing he wanted to do that time was to piss Luhan off and to not show himself in the carnival. So he waited.
 
10:00 PM:
 
Sehun was already playing with the candles. And again, he sent a message to Luhan.
 
Luhannie? :(
 
Did he not see my note? But he said he’s on his way? What could have happened? But still Sehun waited for Luhan.
 
 
By midnight, the operator said that they can’t stay longer and the carnival needs to close by midnight because that’s the rules they have in the contract.
 
“Sir, I’ll pay extra. Let’s just wait for 30 minutes. I’ll pay the extra 30 minutes. Please?” Sehun pleaded but the operator said they really can’t. Sehun shooked his head, and gave up. Luhan is not going to show up Sehun. He blew the candles and went back to the hotel with a heart ache he can never explain.
 
 
The moment he arrives at the doorstep of the hotel room, he didn’t know how to approach Luhan. Whether to confront him or just let him be. Maybe he forgot, or maybe he slept again when he said he just woke up. He didn’t know what to think, tears were pooling in his eyes when he heard of laughter. Luhan’s not alone?
 
He came inside their hotel room and saw that Luhan was not alone in the patio.
 
“Sehun-ah!” Luhan was beaming with so much happiness.
 
“I’m really sorry, I can explain. I forgot to send you a text and my phone died while we are having dinner. By the way, Baek..” No. No. This can’t be.. Luhan grabbed Baekhyun’s arms.
 
“Baek, this is Sehun my bestfriend the one I always talk about in our emails, and he’s the boy in the pictures I always send to you. And Sehun-ah, this is Baek. You know him already. EXO’s vocalist and I always talk about him as well.” And the two looked at each other as if having a special connection, they smiled. Sehun noticed that Luhan was really happy but he can’t be happy like Luhan. It hurts, a lot.
 
“Oh wait, you’re the man from the airport.” Baekhyun smiled at him and reached for a hand shake that Sehun ignored.
 
“Sorry Baek, he’s behaving like a toddler again. And wait, you saw each other in the airport?” Luhan twitched his eye brows to Sehun.
 
“I can’t remember." Lie.
 
“You ran out when I said hi. Did I freak you out? Sorry dude.” Baekhyun just giggled and scratched his head because for the second time, Sehun ignored the hand shake. Luhan was looking at Sehun, not sure whether his bestfriend was starstrucked or pissed.
 
 
 
It was almost 3 in the morning when Baekhyun said that the manager was looking for him all over the place.
 
“Shall I see you tomorrow or wait that’s later.” Baekhyun said while looking at Luhan and the other nodded.
 
“You can visit me at the penthouse so you can meet the the other guys they want to know you..” Luhan giggled like a high schooler and nodded again.
 
“Night Luhannie.”
 
“Night Baek.” Still looking at each other’s eyes, they said goodnight for like 5 times that Sehun wanted to stand in a stool and jump in the patio. Finally they gave up and Luhan closed the door. Leaning and sliding to the floor like mad boy in love.
 
 
“Sehun, why didn’t you tell me that you saw Baek at the airport?” Luhan questioned him.
 
“I told you I can’t remember. And I am not a big fan so I forgot how that Baek was supposed to look like.” He answered, pissed and hurt.
 
“And what’s with that rude attitude a while ago? He was offering you a hand shake.” Luhan barked at Sehun.
 
“You have the right to be pissed for not accepting that Baek’s hand shake when I was waiting at the carnival for a person who was not going to show up. Wow. Since when did I lose the right to be pissed?” Sehun shouted back.
 
“I said I was sorry!”
 
“Then I’m sorry if I’m rude! Quits?” Sehun plopped his body to the bed. And for the first time, they slept with backs facing at each other.
 
 
And he’s with Baekhyun all along. Game Over Sehun. You lose.
 
 
***************************************************************************************************
A/N:
And BaekHan finally met, what do you think so far? Commments? Sure :D
and btw, Luhannies's duck life-savers \m/