CH4: Game Over

Closer To You

 

 

 

Baekhyun was on his way out to the other members. They planned to go beach clubbing tonight. Sending a message to Chanyeol, he was walking his way when he saw someone and he was sure that this time, he won’t let this person go. He puts his hoodie on to make sure that no one will stop him from approaching the guy with a hint of excitement, he smiled.

 

“Luhan.” He called and he saw Luhan froze. “Luhan, is that you?” He walked close and that’s when Luhan turned to face Baekhyun’s direction.

Unexpectedly, Luhan didn’t know why tears suddenly fell from his eyes, he felt everything was raw and the wait was over when he opened his eyes to face Baekhyun. “Baek.” And they hugged like there’s no tomorrow.

“I missed you Luhan. God knows how much I missed you.” Luhan was just there hugging Baekhyun, not saying something yet, making sure that it was really Baekhyun that he’s hugging and he was not dreaming it is the real Baekhyun. There’s so much questions he wanted to ask but everything went unrelevant when he saw him face to face. Not breaking the contact, just hugging in the hotel lobby. Maybe I’ll just let him explain, I won’t ask. I’ll just listen.

“Hey, why are you crying?” He wiped Luhan’s tears and cupped Luhan’s face. “You know I don’t like you crying.” Luhan breathed in and smiled. “Ah, there. I missed you, I really really missed you Hannie.”

Luhan, speechless just looked at Baekhyun’s eyes, nose, lips. He touched Baekhyun’s face, traced the other’s nose by his fingers and again hugged him tight.

Baekhyun kissed Luhan’s eyes to stop the other from crying. The people around them we’re saying “awwwww” because of the scene unfolding in their eyes. “You’re still crying Princess. Please stop, I’m here now. Uhm, can we..” Knowing that people are already looking at them, Baekhyun held Luhan’s hand and lead him to walk.

 

The night air was cold but with Luhan holding his own hand, it became cozy and warm. He totally forgot that he needed to call the members because the manager would look for him. He doesn’t want the members to meet Luhan at the moment, for 1. He has a lot of explaining to do and 2. He wanted to be with Luhan alone. He looked at their interlocked fingers and then smiled. He had been waiting for so long to feel this palms and fingers around his own. He was holding the other’s hand tightly, not wanting to let go.

 

Walking side by side, stealing quick glances to each other, Baekhyun knew that Luhan won’t ask him about why he was suddenly gone and felt the need to open up.

“Luhan, I’m sorry.” He looked at Luhan earnestly. Luhan not wanting to spoil the moment just smiles. Baekhyun smiles back at Luhan and he almost melted. He loved how Baekhyun’s smiles. It’s the smile that he fell for way back their senior days.

“Hmm? Sorry?” As if he forgot about the long wait.

“I feel the need to say sorry and explain. I’m sorry for not responding to your emails. You know what, I thought you’d forget about me. It’s been what, 8 years? I’m really sorry.” Baekhyun shooked his head and Luhan gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Really Luhan, I know that’s an of me for not looking for an alternate solution. But my laptop died after 6 months and then Chanyeol, I suppose you know Chanyeol?” Luhan nodded. Yes he knows Chanyeol because he’s a fan boy, he knew every member of EXO.

“Chanyeol being the computer geek, he did some into my laptop and suddenly everything was deleted. Even the address book in my email was gone. So, I’m really sorry. We became really busy and when we had the chance to do the tour, I didn’t hesitate and asked the manager if we could include Korea and then we could just take the holiday rest here in Korea and everyone agreed, I promised myself and I also promised to you that I would look for you. Do you remember?” Luhan looking at Baekhyun’s sparkling eyes nodded. Yes I do remember Baek and I’ve been waiting for you all along.

“And here I am now, I actually felt that one of these days in Jeju, I’d see you because I knew it was you.” Luhan chuckled while looking at Baekhyun who was arranging his jacket without letting go of Luhan’s hand.

“You saw me?” Baekhyun nodded.

“I saw you at the front desk with a guy. I was about to approach you when a kid stopped me. You know how much I adore kids.” And Luhan giggled because he suddenly thought of a household and Little Luhan and Little Baekhyun running all over the house. And then at the mention of he was with a guy, he remembered Sehun. He could be waiting in the carnival.

“Ah, that’s my best friend Sehun. I’ll let you meet him later when we go back at the hotel. Oh, wait.” He took the phone from his pocket. , my phone died. Luhan then looked away.

“What’s the problem?” Luhan shakes his head. Sehun would understand if he sees Baekhyun, I know he would.

“I just remembered Sehun. But I’d just explain later.” He grins and Baekhyun kisses Luhan’s hand.

“Shall we eat dinner?”

“That sounds nice.” And they walked into a fancy restaurant by the beach.

 

 

After the dinner, they walked their way into the hotel, holding handa, Luhan occasionally leaning his head to Baekhyun’s shoulder and Baekhyun caressing Luhan’s face. They missed each other that they would randomly look at each other and then smile.

Luhan said that they go their hotel room first so Baekhyun can meet his best friend Sehun. He expected that by that time, Sehun is already at the hotel room considering that it’s almost 11pm but when he opened the door, no one’s there. Maybe he’s enjoying himself then. He plugged his phone to the charger just in case Sehun calls and Luhan went out to the patio to join Baekhyun.

 

The two were sharing stories; Baekhyun told Luhan how EXO was formed, how fans would give him love letters and gifts and some more stories that they weren’t allowed to share on screen but he told Luhan. Luhan just listened to him all the way, giggling, slightly jealous about fan girls and Baekhyun would always comment that Luhan haven’t changed, he’s still the adorable one that would listen to everything that he says.

“So have you tried to date one of your fan girls?” Baekhyun act like he was thinking, his index finger to his temple, adorably pouting and Luhan punched him lightly in the arm.

“No, because I only have one person in mind that I want to date.” Jealous at Baek’s statement, Luhan stood up about to check his phone if Sehun sent a message when Baekhyun pulled him to sit on his lap.

“Jealous of yourself princess?” Baekhyun grinned and Luhan blushed at the term Baekhyun used. He still calls me princess. Aww.

“Jealous? Who?” Luhan ran his hand to Baekhyun’s soft hair and adjusted himself to a comfortable position in Baekhyun’s lap.

“Of that person I wanted to date?” Baekhyun still grinning. He knew how Luhan can be so jealous at times.

“No, I don’t mind.” Lie. He was dead jealous of that person.

“You don’t need to be jealous though.” Baekhyun hugged his thin waist and said.. “I only have you in my mind. So that’s basically you who I wanted to date.” Luhan blushed, beet red akajsdfakjsdcakdsf.

“That’s..” Baekhyun stopped him with a light peck in the lips. It’s now Baekhyun’s time to blush and go aksfhaskjdfha.

“I’ve been dying to do that since high school.”  Nose still touching, Baekhyun was about to take another peck, longer this time when they heard the hotel room’s door beep and Luhan stood up. Whoever this person was, I’ll kill him for the wrong timing.

 

 

“Sehun-ah!” Brows twitching when Sehun came inside. You just ruined that second kiss, I’m going to kill you when Baekhyun goes out of this room. He looked at his watch and then mentally asked his self who Sehun’s with to stay that long in the carnival, he’ll reserve that for later and then he apologized. “I’m really sorry, I can explain. I forgot to send you a text and my phone died while we are having dinner.”

Luhan noticed that Sehun was looking at the patio and he forgot that he was Baekhyun.

“By the way, Baek..”

When Luhan called Baekhyun, Sehun’s mood instantly changed. From sad to pissed. He knew this face but Luhan didn’t bother, he’d ask it later along with who’s with you question.

 

Baekhyun went to see Luhan’s best friend and he immediately noticed this guy. It was the guy from the rest room back in the airport and is also the guy that he saw with Luhan in the front desk. So he’s the best friend.

“Oh wait, you’re the man from the airport.” Baekhyun initiated a hand shake but Sehun was just looking at Luhan and ignored it.

Luhan knowing that Sehun was pissed off, he would act like that. He wanted to just get Baekhyun’s arms and go out of the room because Sehun would just ruin his good mood. But they saw each other? Sehun haven’t told me that.

“I can’t remember.” Lie.

“You ran out when I said hi. Did I freak you out? Sorry dude.” For the second time, Sehun deliberately ignored the hand shake that Baekhyun offered. Being ignored, he just rubbed his neck and scratched his head. Is he always this rude?

 

At 3am, the two were still in the patio, laughing, teasing considering the 8 years that they didn’t see each other, they really had a lot to talk about.

“Luhan, I don’t want to leave yet but Chan said that our manager was about to go crazy. He’s looking for me already like a lost kid.” They giggled which made Sehun roll his eyes. Yeah, that’s right. Go away.

“Shall I see you tomorrow? Or wait that’s later.” No. Sehun mentally answered but Luhan nodded. Of course, you’d see each other. Of course. Then he snorts.

“You can visit me at the penthouse so you can meet the the other guys they want to know you..” And then what? You’ll introduce Luhan to them like he was your boyfriend already? No. Luhan giggled like a high schooler and nodded again. Of course he would nod.

“Night Luhannie.”

“Night Baek.”

Thank God, he’s leaving. But hearing the two say goodnight to each other for several times, Sehun thought he was going to puke he wanted to just shut the door to Baekhyun’s face and flip tables.

 

 

When Baekhyun left, he knew Luhan would interrogate, talk to him. He then pulled the sheets to his head to pretend that he was sleeping because he wasn’t in the mood to answer Luhan’s questions. He’s tired, mad and hurt. He prepared everything in the carnival from putting air in the balloons, preparing dinner, choosing the flowers, only to wait for 7 hours for a person who’s not going to show up. It would be fine if he found Luhan sleeping or he didn’t found the note he left. But he found out that Luhan’s already with his worst nightmare. Great, just great.

 

“Hey we need to talk.” Sehun grunted in response not wanting to talk, gripping the sheets tightly to his head and to cover his face.

“Don’t use that on me. We need to talk.” Luhan pulled the sheets and Sehun stood with the pissed off face.

“And don’t you intimidate with that pissed off face. It won’t work on me.” Sehun held his waist scanning the ceiling for divine intervention.

“Sehun, why didn’t you tell me that you saw Baek at the airport?” Sehun knew that he would ask this. You won’t give up on that huh?

“I told you I can’t remember. And I am not a big fan so I forgot how that Baek was supposed to look like.” Lie. He answered, pissed and hurt. Luhan didn’t believe this. He knows Sehun too well when his lying or hiding something from him.

“Oh, really? How about the front desk? Did you see him in the front desk as well?” He didn’t like Luhan’s tone. It was as if he betrayed him.

“Are you accusing me?! I didn’t see him in the front desk, if you paid attention, I wasn’t in the right state of mind when we arrived here in the hotel because of jet lag.” Sehun rolled his eyes. The first part was true; he really didn’t see Luhan the latter part was a lie; he was thinking of the confession.

“Huh? Really? Lier pants on fire.” Luhan has plastered the smirk in his face. Trying to intimidate Sehun.

“Oh now I’m a lier. Thank you very much.”  He was about to walk out, hands in the door knob when Luhan pulled his arms.

“And what’s with that rude attitude a while ago? He was offering you a hand shake.” Luhan barked at Sehun.

“You have the right to be pissed for not accepting that Baek’s hand shake when I was waiting at the carnival for a person who was not going to show up. Wow. Since when did I lose the right to be pissed?” Sehun shouted back.

“I said I was sorry!”

“Then I’m sorry if I’m rude! Quits?!” Sehun plopped his body to the bed. And for the first time, they slept with backs facing at each other.

 

 

Silence.

 

Luhan hated it when they become like this. He never intended to not show up in the carnival it’s just that he was pre-occupied when he saw Baekhyun. He waited for too long for this moment to happen. He didn’t know that Sehun would be mad if he ditches the carnival trip. Then he thought if he could turn back time, then he would ask Baekhyun to go the carnival to meet Sehun. Maybe this could have not happened? Or I could have sent him a message.

“Sehun?” He gives up, faces Sehun’s back drawing circles. Sehun wasn’t asleep yet. Don’t face him, don’t.

“I’m sorry for ditching the carnival trip. I.. I’m just. Sorry. Good night. Talk to you tomorrow.” Luhan waited for Sehun to face him but he didn’t, he just closed his eyes and hoped that maybe when he did, the other would look at him and say sorry.

 

 

****

 

The next day was a silent morning. Luhan felt something was missing. He usually wakes up earlier than Sehun that’s why when he faced Sehun’s side, he was shocked that the other boy wasn’t there anymore. Thinking that maybe Sehun already left Jeju, he rushed to the closet to check if Sehun’s things were still there. “Hooo. I thought he left the island already.” He closes the closet and goes back to bed.

 

/vibrates/

1 new message

Baek~ <3:

Morning Princess. :) I slept well, I dreamt of you last night. How about you? You’re also the first thing I thought this morning. Would you mind having breakfast with me? I’m at the breakfast buffet with the boys. Miss you already! /kiss/

 

Luhan was grinning like mad and swooned when he read Baek’s message. He totally forgot that he woke up in empty morning. And then types a reply.

 

Morning sweet thing. I slept well too. I’ll go down in a bit see you. /hugs/

 

 

Then he remembers, the cold war with Sehun. He then sends a message and his cute photo to Sehun while on his way down.

 

Morning Sehun-ah. I thought you left already. Anyway I’d be in the breakfast buffet if ever you’ll look for me. I’m sorry for last night, miss you already handsomest bestest friend. Talk to me plssssss.

 

 

Sehun took his morning run. He never runs in a normal basis it’s just that he felt the need to run and just feel the cold morning air and to move away and forget Luhan thoughts for a while, that’s when he received a message from Luhan. He deletes the message with no second thoughts and regretting it after looking if he really did delete it. Okay, that’s stupid. He goes back to the hotel room and finds another photo with note.

 

I know you deleted my message because you’re mad. I said I’m sorry I’m in the breakfast buffet. Sorry, forgive me? :(

 

 

I said I needed space and here you are doing that killer cute poses. Luhan what am I going to do with you? He changes his clothes and goes down to the breakfast buffet.

At the buffet, he was in search for that familiar golden hair when he saw it with some other boys. Planet shenanigans. He was about to go away because he won’t feel good for sure but then Baekhyun calls him.

“Sehun-ah.” Don’t you Sehun-ah me, we’re not close. But eventually looks he back and sees Luhan smiling at him, calling his attention, he ignores Luhan. He goes to the same table where Planet Shenanigans as Sehun would call them and Baekhyun introduces him to s.

“Guys, this is Luhan’s best friend, Sehun. That’s our maknae Tao, Kris hyung, beside is Yixing his lover boyfriend, Chanyeol the creep and Xiumin the baozi hyung.” He introduced s one by one. Chanyeol saying why is he called the creep and everybody laughed. Sehun didn’t want to embarrass Luhan this time. Yeah, he’s mad but he’s not that so much of a deep that will embarrass his best friend because he is mad he thought he embarrassed the other last night, once is enough he’ll never do it again.

 “Hi.” He said and waved. Luhan tapped the seat next to him but Sehun as if he can’t see him went to a different direction.

“Kyaaaaaaa.” Tao; the tall guy that looks like panda squealed when he said Hi and sat next to him.

“Luhan hyung~ your bestfriend is cute. Can I keep him?” No. Luhan wanted to say but he ended up smiling at Tao. Not sure why he’s still protective with Sehun when he’s ignoring him.

“You can keep me.” Sehun answered. What the hell Oh Sehun? He looks at Sehun’s direction and Sehun can’t help but laugh. He memorized that reaction of Luhan, that’s his reaction when Kai is around.

“Hi there best friend, morning.” Sehun just glanced at him, and looked at Tao’s direction again. Did you just glanced at me?!

“Kyaaaaaa.” Tao kept squealing and Luhan was again like a hawk eyeing Sehun. Ready to claim his best friend back, Baekhyun then poked him in the arm to get his attention.

“Luhan, are you free today?” Luhan just nodded still looking at Tao and Sehun’s direction, now Tao is feeding the other boy with strawberry and his eye brows quirk up when Sehun accepted the strawberry playfully.

“Can we go out after breakfast?” Baekhyun looked at the direction where Luhan is looking.

“Tao is a good kid. He won’t bite, don’t worry.” Luhan then faced Baekhyun and was shocked that Baekhyun was looking at him closely.

“Huh? Sorry.. You were saying?” Luhan held Baekhyun’s face, held his hand kissed his knuckles.

“I was just saying that can we go out after breakfast and Tao is a good kid. He’s just playful when he finds you cute he won’t do anything ridiculous with your best friend. Don’t worry.” Luhan squeezed Baekhyun’s hand and buried his face to Baekhyun’s neck.

“Sure we can go out later. I just need to talk to Sehun after.” Baek nodded and kissed him in the cheek.

“Choking. Dying out of diabetes.” Chanyeol coughed and throwed a tissue to the two. They didn’t know that everyone was looking at them, mouth agape, except for Tao and Sehun who has a world of their own in the side. Luhan silently wished that Sehun would look at him while Baekhyun was being sweet to him just to see if Sehun was feeling the same way he feels when someone is hitting on him but then Sehun is being pre-occupied by Tao.

 

 

After the breakfast, the other members and Sehun who was pulled by Tao were on their way to the penthouse area where EXO is staying.

“Shall we go? The members and the manager knew that we’ll be going out, they won’t mind if we don’t follow them.” Baekhyun was leading him, he lets go of Baekhyun’s hand.

“I just need to speak with Sehun, if that’s okay. I’ll be back.” Luhan rushed to Sehun and pulled him making Tao gasp and look who the intruder is.

“Luhan hyung, I thought you’re going out with Baekhyun hyung?” Tao said and hugged Sehun’s back. Luhan’s eyes were fixed to Tao’s arms and immediately pulled Sehun.

“Tao, Sehun would follow you guys. I just need to speak with him, privately. Thank you.” Jealous? No. The moment they were out of ear shot, Sehun swatted Luhan’s hand in his arms.

“Ouch.” Sorry. Sehun wanted to say but kept his mouth shut. He’s supposed to be angry, isn’t he?

“What?” He blankly said.

“I already said I’m sorry. Don’t think I didn’t see you ignore me when I smiled at you. I reserved the seat next to me and yet you took the seat next to Tao. What are you doing Sehun? Are you doing this on purpose?!” The other won’t look at him.

“Wow. Last night, you were accusing me I saw Baekhyun, now you’re accusing me that I’m doing something on purpose. What’s next Luhan?” Sorry, I just need this. I’m sorry. Sehun just stared at Luhan, and Luhan didn’t know what to say.

“Are you making me jealous now?? I said I was sorry last night. Isn’t that enough?” Oh, so he’s jealous.

“Are you now?” He stifles a laugh and looks at Baekhyun’s direction who was waiting for Luhan patiently.

“Shut up Sehun.”

“You were asking me and now you’re telling me to shut up. What am I supposed to do now? Answer your question or just shut up? Tell me.” Luhan can’t believe Sehun was speaking to him this way. He closed his eyes, not wanting to start another fight.

“Sehun-ah, I don’t know why you’re this mad at me. But I’m really sorry. I don’t want to go back to Seoul that we’re still like this. Please.” Luhan tried to hold Sehun’s hand but the other pulls out of his hold and turned his back.

“Baekhyun’s waiting for you. You don’t want to ruin your first date with Baekhyun, your first love. Right?” He walked out of Luhan and went to Tao who was waiting by the elevator. I’m sorry Luhan.

 

****

 

Luhan decided not to think of his problem with Sehun. He knows the other would talk to him, he’ll give him time to rationalize his thoughts. For now, he focused on what’s happening. And that’s the first date with Baekhyun in Jeju.

 

“But I don’t know how to ride a bike.” Baekhyun shyly confessed when Luhan asked him to go biking.

“Then I think, we can rent that one.” Luhan pointed the pink bike with a cute passenger seat at the back.

“You sure?” Luhan laughed and teased Baekhyun.

“Yeah, just don’t blame me when you fall.”

“But I’ve fell already.” Baekhyun faked a frown and Luhan not sure why it meant went close to Baekhyun and Baekhyun grinned. “I’ve fallen in love.”

“That was..” Luhan covered his mouth because he’s not sure how Baekhyun will take the comment.

“What? Let’s ride the bike? Don’t make me fall.”

“In love?” And they laughed. Oh Byun Baekhyun.

 

They were riding the bike while exploring the island. Luhan feeling that every second, every minute, is pure perfection. Of course spending time with your first love is really perfect and then he thought of Sehun. How the other was doing with the members of EXO. Luhan knew that Sehun can adjust easily but not when he’s not around. Is he flirting with Tao now? He thought. He probably should ask later when they come back in the hotel and as he was thinking with all the thoughts of Tao and Sehun, he mentally reminded himself that next time, Sehun should not be left alone with EXO especially with Tao.

 

 

They stopped at the carnival.

“Hi, tickets for two please.” Baekhyun said and the girl from the ticket booth knew Baekhyun, he gave the tickets for free in exchange of an autograph.

“I got the tickets for free.” Luhan pre-occupied didn’t hear what Baekhyun said. Baekhyun tapped him in the shoulder.

“Ready to go inside? You seem so pre-occupied.” The other looked at Baekhyun and held his hand, smiled and said that he’s okay.

“Maybe I’m just tired because someone so heavy is riding at the back side of the bike?” Luhan teased Baekhyun which earned him a shower of kisses in the nose, the cheeks, the hand and his lips. Luhan blushed.

“Let’s go?” Baekhyun winked. I should just stop thinking about Sehun. It’s not fair when I’m with Baekhyun and I kept thinking about Sehun. Stop thinking about Sehun, stop thinking about Sehun, stop.. But.. I miss my best friend.

Thoughts of Sehun vanished bit by bit. He thought that if Sehun can go a day without him, he should probably stop thinking about Sehun as well. After all, he prayed to be with Baekhyun for 8 years, didn’t he?

 

 

“Enjoy the carousel ride princess. I’ll be back after that.” Luhan nodded. He wanted them to ride the carousel but when it was already their turn, Baekhyun said he needed to use the rest room so he was left.

“Excuse me?” The operator of the carousel caught Luhan’s attention.

“Yes?” He answered the man, he showed his ticket.

“Are you with the guy that was here yesterday? I noticed your face from the picture. He forgot these.” The man gave him his picture.

“Uhh, thanks but no. Ahjussi, why do you have my picture though?” He asked, quite confused why his picture was there.

“Ah, a guy actually rented the carousel last night and said that if the guy in the picture wants a carousel ride, give him a free ride and he gave your picture. He bought all the tickets for the carousel last night but you weren’t here last night and I was about to return the picture but when I came back, he already left.” Then it all made sense why Sehun was waiting up until 12, he’s not with someone. He really is waiting for him.

“Ah, thank you.”

 

 

“Luhan, you okay?” Baekhyun asked as he handed the ice cream to Luhan.

“Yep. I am.” He gave the other an assuring smile.

“Can we go home now? I’m kind of sleepy already.” The truth is he wanted to ask Sehun why he didn’t say that he rented the carousel last night. He now understands why Sehun’s anger was over the top because Sehun wasted his time and the money and waited for hours for Luhan but he didn’t showed up.

“Can we do one last ride?” Luhan nodded.

 

 

The lights were sparkling from their view at the top of the ferris wheel. Luhan though was still pre-occupied with Sehun’s reasons why he rented the carousel. Then he noticed that the ferris wheel was not moving.

“Baek, the ferris wheel is not—“ He stopped when he saw Baekhyun and the necklace from his hand.

“Luhan, I know this way too fast but I don’t want to waste some more time.” Luhan shocked, just looked at Baekhyun and let him speak. “Luhan, I don’t know how this will end but I just want to tell you that I love you. I loved you even before. When you left for Korea, I thought it’s just the pain in missing a friend, but no. I realized I love you. I am in pain because I am missing the person that I love. You don’t know how I wanted to chop Chanyeol to pieces when he deleted everything and I can’t find you anymore. Before this Jeju trip ends, I just wanted to tell you that I love you. Here’s the key to my heart.” Luhan at awe can’t find the right words to say. It was all too fast like what Baekhyun said.

“Will you be my boyfriend Luhan?” Luhan cried and bit his lip.

“Byun Baekhyun.. I.. I..”

“No?”  Baekhyun shooked his head but Luhan embraced him and cupped Baekhyun’s loving face.

“Yes Baekhyun, I’d be your boyfriend.”

“Yes!!” Baekhyun screamed and almost jumped at the ferris wheel making the ride shaky.

“Hey, careful lover. Sit down, I don’t want to lose my boyfriend just yet.” Looking at each other’s eyes, Baek leaned closer and kissed Luhan’s lips. Luhan not sure what to do just followed Baekhyun’s lead occasionally nibbling the other’s lip which earned him a soft moan. The taste of Luhan’s mouth was sweet, his tongue brushed Luhan’s and he felt something so electrifying he can’t stop. They were starting to explore each other’s mouth when the ferris wheel started moving. Luhan was the first one to break the kiss. Baekhyun wanted to kiss him more but Luhan pinched his cheeks and laughed.

“I love you Luhan.”

“I love you too Baekhyun.” Luhan being the one to break the kiss a while ago, kissed his boyfriend when they got off the ferris wheel. It was short and sweet but it felt perfect.

 

 

****

 

“Yeah! One more bottle for the Handsome Sehunfff!” The drunk Chanyeol shoved him another bottle of beer. It was his 8th bottle and his vision was now hazy. He wasn’t supposed to join this group when they told him that Baekhyun might probably tell Luhan that they were going back to the US after Sehun visits his family in Gyeonggi-do.

“How much are you going to give that Baekhyun already confessed to Luhan?” They placed a bet and everyone was laughing, placing bets except for Sehun who didn’t like how that guy named Kris made it. He wanted to just spat his beer and punch him straight in the face but realized that he’s talking to drunk people and that would be stupid if he would fall on those stupid drunk jokes.

“10 bucks says they already made out!” Xiumin said while eating baozis while drinking beer.

 

 

Baekhyun and Luhan arrived and the intertwined fingers didn’t go unnoticed, it was the first thing Sehun saw. Through his blurred vision he can see how happy Luhan is and even if he doesn’t want to admit it, it hurts him. He knows he lost the fight since the 1st day Luhan and Baekhyun saw each other. He wanted to fight for his feelings, he wanted to tell Luhan how he feels and maybe, just maybe Luhan would consider him. If Baekhyun and Luhan would arrive in here and Luhan would tell him that they’re not a couple yet then even if Luhan won’t accept him, it would be fine. It’s about the telling his feelings, reciprocating would be in a different course, right?

 

“Yiheeeee. So is the Byun Baekhyun already taken and smitten by the Xi Luhan?” Xiumin the baozi guy acted like a host in a talk show holding a cucumber and blowing his already bloated cheeks. The two just giggled and gazed at each other.

“Everybodeeeeh do you think this two are a couple now?” Pointing the cucumber to the others, everybody said yes and screamed “kiss” it made Sehun sick. Sehun would always look at the two who were being too touchy and lovey dovey.

He also saw Baekhyun’s arms circling to Luhan’s waist, playing the hem of the other’s shirt and the other leaned closer, they kissed .Everybody in their own drunk world, didn’t notice it except him.

“Oh I can’t breathe, I’m gonna puke for real.” Holding his stomach, he ran to the rest room.

 

Luhan saw that Sehun ran. He was about to follow Sehun when Baekhyun pulled him, in an attempt to kiss him again, he goes out of Baekhyun’s hold.

“Baby, it’s just one day and you’re rejecting me already?” Baekhyun used his puppy pout look but Luhan didn’t notice it because he was looking at the direction of the rest room.

“Baek, I think Sehun’s drunk and feeling sick. Can I go to him?”

“Ah, okay.”

 

 

“Sehun-ah, you okay?” He knocked outside of the rest room. He puts his ears to the door, trying to hear a vomiting sound but he didn’t hear a thing.

“I’m.. oh.. kay.” Sehun answered, head on the toilet bowl and pukes again. , stop.

“Are you sure? Open the door Sehun. Let me check.” Luhan continues to knock. Sehun stood up then washed his face. He felt the comfort of cold water in his pale skin. He looks at his reflection and man, he looked wrecked. Eyes red, wet hair sticking out of all directions. , I’m wasted. Can’t face Luhan like this.

“Sehun-ah! I said open the door!” Sehun opens the door and Luhan mouthed “what the ” when he saw Sehun’s wrecked face.

“Oh my God! Look at yourself! What happened to you? You look like !” Luhan examined his wasted best friend, smiling awkwardly with red eyes, messy hair, and a wet shirt.

“D.. Dru..nk.. loo.ok.. s.shiiit.” He answered, looping his shoulders to Luhan depending his body weight to the other.

“Oh my gosh Sehun, you stink. How many bottles have you drunk?”

“10? 11? 15? Dun..no. Ma…ny.” Sehun removes his arms to Luhan’s shoulder but he was too drunk to function, his knees failed him and he fell to the floor. Laughing. What the?

“Sehun. Stand up.” Baekhyun sees what happened and he helped his boyfriend’s best friend.

“He’s too drunk, he can’t even stand alone. Oh gosh. I haven’t seen him this drunk. You know? I mean, he drinks but not to this extent.” Baekhyun soothes his boyfriend’s back and Luhan reminded himself that when Sehun wakes up tomorrow he’ll hear a good sermon about alcohol tolerance.

 

Everybody was so drunk that they just slept anywhere, Kris with his lover Yixing lying in the floor with Xiumin holding the cucumber mic that he used and a baozi at the other. Chanyeol’s body or should I say half body in the couch and limbs hanging down, Tao was sleeping in the toilet. The only person left in the table was Sehun, who was still drinking even if he’s already dead drunk.

“Sehun, all your drinking buddies are already knocked down and comfortably sleeping. Can you stop drinking now?” Luhan tries to snatch the bottle but Sehun, bottoms up, drank the contents of the bottle.

Burp. “Ahhh. Mo..re be..er plea..ssee!” Sehun with slurred speech, rested his forehead to the table, dangling arms, and then holds his mouth like he wants to puke but then swallows.

“Is he, okay?” Baekhyun asked. Sehun heard it and turned his head to Baekhyun and did thumbs up.

“More beeee..eer.” Luhan apologized in behalf of Sehun saying that he’s not usually like this.

Sehun then stood up and again fell and he was giggling he can’t explain why he was giggling. He feels like he’s in the clouds. They looked at Sehun who was trying to stand but then would always fall.

“Lu..lu..haaaan. hic.”

“Hmm?” Sehun tries to stand once more and ungracefully falls. Luhan and Baekhyun both shaked their heads.

“Can’t..fee..eel..pa..in. hic Po..ke me. hic.” Luhan follows and pokes him in the arm. Sehun holds his mouth and giggles and then suddenly Sehun starts to sob like a baby. Luhan rubs his face. Sehun-ah, what’s wrong.

“Bu..t.. I.. fee..el..he.re.. I li..ke..ca..nt.hurt..” Luhan looks at his best friend and tries to decipher what the other was saying. Baekhyun who was directly at Luhan’s back went to Sehun and helped the other to stand.

“Do..nt..tou..ch me!!” Sehun clutches his chest and wipes his nose with his shirt.

“Sorry Baek, he’s just drunk. I’m really sorry. Sehun don’t start .” Luhan runs both his hands to his hair out of frustration. You’ll hear a long rant tomorrow Oh Sehun, believe me.

 

 

The moment they reached their hotel room, Sehun kept blabbering nonsense. While on their way down, Sehun kept laughing even if there’s nothing funny and he was tripping in the sides bringing both Luhan and Baekhyun who was helping him walk down but still laughing his lungs out.

“Brrr..iinggg meee.. my.. room and lu..luhan. hic.” The two laid Sehun down in the bed.

“You’re already in our room. Sleep.” Luhan hissed but then he remembered what Sehun said while on their way down something in between pain and hurt. He’s hurt? In pain? Why? He asked himself.

Baekhyun back hugged Luhan to ease the other’s worry while watching Sehun wince and mutter some intense blabbering.

“Yo..u.” He points his index finger to Baekhyun and grins crookedly. “Wha..t.you..have..thaa.tt..i don’t?”

Then Sehun crawls down, his world was spinning, straight to the rest room and then worships the porcelain bowl. Puke.

Luhan closes his eyes when he heard that disgusting sound, the least he wanted to do is to clean up Sehun’s puke in the hotel’s rest room.

“Your best friend is indeed drunk. I’ll call hotel room service so you won’t have to clean all that. You have to rest baby.” Baekhyun soothes his cheeks and leans down for a short peck in his lips.

 

Minutes passed and Sehun wasn’t crawling back to bed, Luhan heard water gushing out from the shower room and decided to check on Sehun only to find that the dumb drunk one was on the tub head on the opposite side of the faucet, with the cold water running and was passed out cold in the tub. This poor guy.

His clothes were now wet like Sehun when he tried to get Sehun out of the tub but Sehun was heavy.

“He fell asleep in the tub. Good thing the tub wasn’t full yet and he’s in the opposite side. He could’ve drowned. Baek, can you help me get him?” Baekhyun nodded and they got Sehun out.

 

 Sehun looks like he’s almost close to sober when he submerged himself in the tub. Again with the help of the two, he was laid down in the bed with wet clothes and a wet boot. They changed Sehun’s clothes and let the latter rest.

“You sure you’re going to sleep here? Sehun might need the extra space for himself. He might be tossing and turning around. That would be hell of a hangover tomorrow.” Baekhyun looks at Luhan, worried.

Luhan shakes his head. “No, I’ll be okay. I can’t sleep without that dummy beside me when I’m not at home. I’ll just kick his if he’ll consume my space.”

“Sure?”

“Yep Baek, don’t worry. I’ve seen him drunk. He’s okay now, he’s sleeping off by now. I apologize for the nonsense he was saying a while ago. You know drunk people and their antics. I’ll scold him tomorrow.” Baekhyun holds Luhan’s hand and kisses his knuckles sweetly.

“No, it’s okay. You don’t have to. Chanyeol’s the same when he’s drunk. He kept saying he loves me when he’s drunk but hates me in real time. So I totally understand. So..” Luhan slightly frowned when he heard that Chanyeol says he likes him only when he’s drunk. Most fan girls loved Chanyeol and Baekhyun together so the pang of jealousy was there.

“Jealous of Chanyeol?” As if Baekhyun can read his mind, he nodded. “Again, don’t be. I said the first day we saw each other again that the only person I want to date is you. Right?” And that made him smile. Baekhyun was oh so sweet. Unlike the body that’s passed out.

“Luhan, I’m really happy and thankful for today.” Baekhyun was holding Luhan by the waist and Luhan’s free hand touched Baekhyun’s y nape circling his arms to Baekhyun’s neck making their faces and body closer.

“And I am too.”

“Goodnight baby, I love you.”

“Love you too Baekhyun.” Baekhyun was the first one to let go because if he didn’t he would probably be kissing Luhan right now and the other won’t have a chance to rest. He was walking backwards, saying “I love you Luhan” repeatedly when his back bumped the person who came out in the elevator. He shyly apologized and looked back to Luhan.

“I love you, goodnight!” Baekhyun shouted and screamed, the person that Baekhyun bumped shouted back at him telling him to shut up and someone’s already sleeping. They both laughed and Baekhyun ran for his life in the elevator.

Luhan closed the door and looked at the sleeping figure of his best friend. He picked up the discarded wet clothes from the floor and called room service. He asked for extra sheets and a pillow as well as to clean the puke so they can use the rest room for tomorrow. He’s sleeping on the floor tonight to give way to his drunken best friend. He arranged his bed for tonight.

“Prepare your ears tomorrow Sehun-ah. Night.”

 

 

What they didn’t know was after Sehun went inside the tub, Sehun felt better, however he was too sleepy and tired to stand up and forgot that he was still in the rest room. Sehun saw and knew everything that was happening. He felt the world was tilting. He just closed his eyes, turned back and clutched his chest. Afraid that if Luhan would know, he would stop that caring attitude and would about why he was drinking like mad a while ago and now he ended up as a sorry drunk.

****

 

“Ah, . I’m not going to drink anymore.” He woke up with a huge hangover. He still feels that the world is spinning. He goes out of the bed but he feels that he hit something in the floor and that’s when he saw, the golden brown hair, that peaceful eyes and that cute nose sleeping. Luhan.

Luhan being a light sleeper, stretches his hands and blinks twice as he opens his eyes. He saw Sehun’s frizzy morning hair while massaging his temples.

Sehun can’t look at Luhan directly. Not sure whether it’s because of his hangover or his heartache, maybe a little of both but more on the hangover side.

“You’re an last night.” Luhan retorted early in the morning.

“Well, morning to you too. Thanks to your first love’s friends.” He snorted trying to stand up avoiding the other’s gaze.

“Boyfriend.” Luhan was contemplating how he would tell Sehun that Baekhyun’s already his boyfriend but then he said it already.

“What?” Sehun looked back, not sure whether he heard boyfriend, or he was imagining things he asked again. “What did you just say?”

Luhan blushing he answered. “I said boyfriend. Baekhyun’s already my boyfriend. I haven’t called mom yet. You need to help me tell her that I already have a boyfriend.”

Sehun felt his head was spinning again 360 degrees. He ran to the rest room, he felt like something within was choking him, feeling his stomach pains, he wanted to puke but nothing’s going out.

“Hey, are you okay?” Luhan’s tone clipped with worry ran to Sehun.

“I’m fine. I just need space.” Luhan stepped inches away from Sehun.

“Do you like Tao?” Luhan was dying to ask that question since yesterday. Sehun wasn’t sure why Luhan was asking him his. Not sure why Luhan kept accusing him things.

“What?” He shakes his head, exasperated.

“You seem so cozy around Tao, do you like him.” Luhan shooks his head, playing with his fingers.

“No.” He answers, he doesn’t like where this conversation’s going.

“But you were—“

“I’m pissed, mad, angry, annoyed, at you yesterday. That explains why I’m talking to Tao. And not you.” Luhan blinks, the amount of synonyms Sehun used to describe his feelings towards him yesterday.

“Sehun-ah, I’m really sorry about the carnival trip. I didn’t know you rented the carousel the whole night.” Sehun swiveled his way to Luhan’s direction. How did he know?

“We went to the carnival last night, the carousel man gave my picture. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because it’s a surprise and surprises aren’t supposed to be told because if I did, it isn’t surprise anymore.” Sehun scoffed. Building a cool façade though his heart was breaking and everything seemed to be so gloomy.

“You should have told me!”

“Drop it. It’s done, you didn’t show up.” Luhan felt guilty.

“I’m sorry.”

“No need.”

“I said I’m sorry.”

“What am I supposed to say? It’s done. We can’t go back to that day anymore, you got yourself a boyfriend, why don’t you drop it?”

“Because you’re bat mad at me! And I can’t stand it when you’re like that!” Luhan stopping his own tears.

“Just drop it Lu and well congratulations about you and Baekhyun. I won’t help you with your mom. Talk to her about it, she won’t like it if you will keep it as a secret.” Sehun got his towel and his necessities and decided to take shower shutting the door to Luhan’s face.

 

It was their last day in Jeju. EXO along with Sehun and Luhan were riding the Island Tour boat. Sehun doesn’t talk much to neither one of them, maybe because he still feels his 100% hangover, he hears something like a time bomb ticking in his head. And also it has something to do with the lovers happily looking at each other as if no one was there. He wanted Luhan to be happy, but everything that concerns Luhan being happy with Baekhyun? He’s not yet ready to accept that. He was like giving away his own happiness for the benefit of another. He decided to call Kai, he needed someone to talk to and Kai being the only person he can confess to.

 

“Kai” He huffed turning his back to Luhan’s gaze.

“Sehun, sup?”

“I just lost everything. I.. Kai.. They’re together now.”

“Together as in?”

“Yeah.” Sehun shooked his head, gripping his phone tighter.

“That’s..” Kai didn’t know what to react, even him was shocked.

“Yeah, I don’t know anymore.”

“That was fast, don’t you think?” Sehun looks at Luhan who called him asking if he was okay and he thumbs up.

“It was. But who can blame him? He was waiting for the guy for years.”

“Are you okay? When are you going to go back? Kyungsoo and I can meet you, talk to you about it. You don’t even need to go to the office just yet.”

“Kai, sorry I left my work.”

“It’s okay buddy. I understand.”

“Where is Luhan now? He’d be dead jealous if he found out that you’re talking to me.” Kai chuckles, even Kai noticed that Luhan was jealous to him.

“With his boyfriend.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“Anyway Kai, I’m going back tomorrow. I’m going half day at the office. Can you assign me to another project?”

“Let me see about it. You sure you could report to work tomorrow?”

“Yeah, thanks Kai. Sorry for interrupting you and Kyungsoo hyung again.”

“Don’t mention it. It’s okay, by the way Kyungsoo says hi.” Sehun smiles, this couple is so cute. They started on the same path like Sehun and Luhan. They were just best friends before until Kai confessed and said a day without Kyungsoo is like a day without air. Kyungsoo was feeling the same way with Kai. That’s where the complication to Sehun and Luhan starts. Sehun loves Luhan but then Luhan was in love with another. Unlike Kai and Kyungsoo who has feelings with each other, Sehun and Luhan’s was one sided.

“Hi kyungsoo hyung and thanks Kai.”

“No problem.”

They hang up.

****

 

“Kai needs me back at work, I can’t go with you.” Sehun refuses to change his ticket and grips his rolling suitcase for check in. Apparently, Baekhyun invited Luhan to come with him last minute while on their way to the airport to meet Baekhyun’s family.

 

Flashback

 

At the van, the BaekHan couple chose to sit at the back side of the van. Away from the glances of the EXO members because they kept teasing them. Everytime they try to steal a quick glance to each other, kiss each other or the simple touching of their knees, Chanyeol the creep has his camera phone ready to take a photo.

“Chanyeol-ah, I think you should stop taking BaekHan photos.” Kris said and confiscates his phone.

“But they’re so fluffy I’m gonna die.” Baekhyun slaps Chanyeol’s back who was doing aegyo.

“Ouch. What the hell was that for?” Chanyeol throwed a death glare to Baekhyun while the others laugh.

“Baek, if you need a president for the BaekHan couple, I volunteer myself. Okay?” Chanyeol winks at them playfully.

“ you, Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun hissed, Luhan cupped his boyfriend’s face and kissed it gently then massaged his forehead.

“How rude. Kris hyung! Gimme my phone, this BaekHan moment can’t be missed. Oh gosh.” Baekhyun tongue out flicked Chanyeol’s forehead.

 

 

“Luhan?” Luhan looks at Baekhyun and caressed his face. He will never get tired of looking at his superstar boyfriend. Baekhyun looks so fine, beautiful and Luhan got him smitten.

“How’d you like the idea of meeting my family?” It made Luhan nervous, mouth agape.

“I’d love that.. but..” Luhan realizes that Sehun needs to go back to Seoul by tomorrow. Sehun won’t surely like this. His best friend was back to being grumpy when he talks about Baekhyun which he does all the time before they saw each other but unlike before, Sehun was being extra grumpy and not as talkative as much.

“I want you to go with me to Gyeonggi-do Luhan. My family is currently in Gyeonggi-do.” Luhan was shocked, not sure what to say, he hugged Baekhyun. Now he needs to convince Sehun to go with him.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“Sehun, you know this is important to me right.” Luhan tapping his foot and looking at Baekhyun.

“I know it is, and my important is work to me too. Luhan, I need to go back to Seoul. Not tomorrow. Not the day after next. I need to go back NOW. Kai needs me to report to work today.” Luhan annoyed by the mention of Kai’s name rolled his eyes.

“Then if that poor sap won’t accept you back to work, I’d help you look for another job. Sehun just come with me. I’m begging you.”

“I don’t understand why I need to go with you.” In an instant, Sehun wanted to take back his words. Sehun knew that it hurt Luhan for him to say that.

“You should know by now that of all people, I need you there.” Luhan needs him there. Since when did he need him?

Sehun not sure whether why he loves torturing himself the past few days, he was never a masochist. “Fine. I’m going but let me talk to Kai first.” Sehun handed Luhan his ticket and the other sprinted back to his boyfriend to do the process of changing flights from Seoul to Gyeonggi-do.

 

“Sehun-ah.” Kyungsoo answered Kai’s phone. How can this two be always together? He silently thought and envies how the two just found each other.

“Uhm, this is kind of urgent hyung. Kindly tell Kai that I can’t report to work today.”

“I can hear you. Go on.” Always on speaker phone.

“Baekhyun wanted Luhan to meet his parents.”

“And?”

“And Luhan wants me to come with him.”

“What?” He can almost see Kyungsoo’s bright orbs doing O__O

“Yeah, I see you two are shocked too.”

“Are you trying to kill yourself Sehun? That’s pretty ed up.” Sehun heard Kyungsoo slap him and hissed honey, your words! And swear Sehun could see Kai consoling Kyungsoo and he slightly heard a smack.

“It is. It’s all too sudden. I’m going back after I don’t know, I’ll call you if I’m going back.”

“Okay, but are you sure you wanted to go with them? That’s..” Kai stopped maybe because Kyungsoo was guarding him.

“Yeah, no. I don’t know.” He looks back to Luhan’s direction, Luhan looks so happy. It’s been days and what? Sehun can’t still accept that Luhan has a boyfriend.

“Where are you heading to?”

“Gyeonggi-do.” He heard the two whispering and then Kyungsoo spoke.

“Okay, we’ll follow you to Gyeonggi-do. Just in case you need us, to pick you up, just give us the address and we’ll go. Okay? Take care Sehun-ah.” And then the two hang up.

 

 

Luhan went to Sehun, the phone call took longer than usual and it ticked him off.

“What did he say?” Saying the word he like it was the most disgusting thing he said.

“It’s okay with him.”

“Good, let’s go.”

 

***************************************************************************************************

A/N: For the BaekHan shippers out thur <3
Aww Sehun-ah /pats pats/
and KaiSoo hihi sorry I'm so biased XDDDD
This I think is the longest chapter huuuuffff! Way to go! n________n