CH1: Promises

Closer To You

 

                                      
 
 
 
Flashback
 
 
“Do you promise that you will never leave me?” The little kid with brown locks was pouting; supporting his little finger for a pinky promise.
 
“Yes, I will never leave you, because I am your boyfriend now.” They giggled. The kid with brown locks liked the sound of “boyfriend” but also wondered.
 
“But.. Aren’t we both guys? Can we possibly be lovers? Two boys can’t love each other, do they?”
 
The kid with black straight hair scratched his head but held the other kid’s hand and said, “Mom said when you love somebody, you just love them. With no reasons, buts or whatsoevers, may it be a girl or a boy. I love you so I will never leave you. Promise.” And they did a pinky swear.
 
“I love you Sehun.”
 
“I love you Luhan.”
 
 
End of Flashback
 
 
*Krrrrrriiiiiingggggggggggg*
 
 
The sound of the Sehun’s alarm clock woke him up from a very precious memory and his favorite dream. 3, 2, 1 he counts and just as he points his gun-positioned fingers to the door, a cute guy with golden brown locks and bright eyes came in his room jumping and singing his favorite tune “neoui sesangeuro yeahhh~”
 
Sehun was not bothered that Luhan woke him up because he dreamt of their childhood promise once again; that day when Luhan became his boyfriend for one day. Being kids at that time, they forgot about it the next day but Sehun never forgot about it. He will always think of that and his insides would go aksdfhaksjdfaksjdf.
 
Those are the memories that he will always remember, memories that he would always say “aaaaaawwww,” and those were the days that he wished they never grew up. Those are the days that if he can just return to, then he would. So that this Baekhyun will be erased in the picture.
 
Baekhyun in the popstar world or Baek, as Luhan would call him, was Luhan’s first friend when he went to the US, and his ‘first love’ as he would refer to. Luhan met Baekhyun when he left Korea for US because Luhan’s dad needed to do settle things in the US. But that didn’t stop Sehun and Luhan from being friends. They wrote letters and sent packages. Being apart from each other, they had their own fair share of new friends. That’s where Luhan and Baekhyun met and became close. Luhan would always write Sehun about Baekhyun and Sehun would always write about how he misses Luhan and his new toys and acquaintances.
 
However one day, Luhan wrote how sad and happy at the same time he was. His dad said they needed to go back to Korea because of his dad’s business matters. He said he was sad for leaving his friend Baek but also happy that they will see each other again.
 
 
 
Flashback
 
 
“Baek, you said you would like to visit Korea and meet my best friend Sehun, right?” He can’t stop sobbing. The thought of leaving Baekhyun was breaking and eating him up.
 
“I do. I do want to meet the people you treasure in Korea but Hannie, I can’t leave US. I can’t leave my sick mom and I can’t because I received a record deal.”
 
He holds Luhan’s hands and said, “But we’ll keep in touch. I’ll write you e-mails, send you packages and pictures. Ne? We’ll keep in touch. And when I have enough money, I’ll look for you in Korea Luhannie. I will. I promise.”
 
Luhan arrived in Korea and Sehun’s family was there to pick them up in the airport. Sehun ran when he saw Luhan and they hugged like there’s no tomorrow. They exchanged stories and did not manage to sleep that night because they felt like a night is not enough. Then he started to write Baekhyun his first email on how he misses him already. Luhan is holding onto that promise. That they would keep in touch and Baekhyun will look for him in Korea.
 
But one day, it was the 6th rough month and Luhan was missing Baekhyun so bad, he wrote him an email but he never got any response from the other. Luhan would always check his email and send another one thinking that maybe it was a busy day for Baekhyun since he’s becoming so popular now. He would always write him an email saying he watched his new video, he listened to their new song and such but Luhan haven’t got a single reply. He never wrote an e-mail and stopped sending packages to Luhan. He would always come to Sehun, rant and cry about it and Sehun would just hold him and say, “Nah, maybe he’s too busy. Don’t worry, I’d be here for you. I will never leave, pinky swear, Remember?”
 
 
End of Flashback
 
 
 
 
Sehun broke Luhan’s cheerful mood when he started to annoy him. “Yah! You sure that Baek guy still remembers you? Remember how you used to wail and leave snorts in my shirt because of crying about that guy?” Sehun laughs and Luhan throws him a pillow.
 
“I’m sure he does and I’m sure there’s a reason why he stopped sending emails. I know it has something to do with him being in a band and all that. I did understand after a while. Yah! Stop laughing you dummy. Yah!” Sehun was making faces while Luhan was telling his story.
 
“Why are you here though? What’s up? Sending me a text to wake up this early. You know I am certainly not a morning person if not for a good dream. You should—“ Luhan shut him up by putting a lollipop in Sehun’s mouth.
 
“Because we are picking them up and the rest of the band in the airport.” Luhan was looking at Baekhyun’s picture in such a dreamy way Sehun wants to puke, and what the hell is this? A lollipop at 6 in the morning?!
 
“We are not, and how sure you are that we can pick them up huh?” He answers back and Luhan’s eyes narrow at him.
 
“We will because that’s what GOOD BESTFRIENDS do and I am sure because we have something special. Up now and we  can’t be late.”
 
Luhan was about to pull Sehun’s trousers when Sehun ran his off in the shower room. Taking all the time that he has and praying please don’t let those two see each other or I am Game Over.
 
When Sehun came out of the shower, Luhan was trying to look for Baek’s schedule.
 
“I thought you are a fan?” Luhan looks at Sehun quizzically.
 
“Then why don’t you know his schedule?” Luhan looked at the still wet Sehun and he swallows an invisible lump in his throat.
 
Why am I feeling this though? I am not bothered that this dumb Sehun is wet, okay Luhan look for Baek’s schedule, look for Baek’s.. Oh God why can’t he put a shirt on?!! Sehun went closer that Luhan can smell Sehun’s shower gel and shampoo.
 
“Yah you dumb boy I’ll become wet if you come close to me. Can you just resume in putting in clothes and I’ll be the one to look for My Baek’s schedule, sshhoooo!” Emphasizing the word my.
 
Sehun shakes his head and says “ooohhkaaay.” Little did Luhan know that Sehun joined an online forum for the band that posted Baek’s band schedule.
 
“Hey, do you know his schedule already?” Luhan shakes his head and asks why.
 
Because I do and I won’t tell you. Sehun smirks and just mutters, “Just asking.”
 
 
While Sehun was putting on clothes and Luhan gave up in looking for the schedule, he raids Sehun’s things and there he finds his pictures. All the candid and stolen shots.
 
“Hey I didn’t know you were a fan of my pretty face.” Luhan laughs as the embarrassed Sehun with no shirt tries to snatch the photos.
 
“Hey don’t touch!” He goes close to Luhan and Luhan instantly dropped the photos when Sehun came close. He was feeling weird that he was feeling such things for Sehun. Maybe annoyed that the latter doesn’t want to put on a shirt.
 
“Luhannie, remember when we promised that I’d be your boyfriend?” Luhan chuckles at the thought.
 
“That was like years ago dumb .”
 
“I know. So that means he is not your first love. I am your first love Lulu.” That’s right Sehun. That’s right. Sehun says to himself.
 
“No effin waaaaay. He is my first love. Duh. Ours is not included in the story, cut it.”
 
“But I was the first boyfriend.” Sehun says in a matter that Luhan can’t hear.
 
“Did you say something Sehunnie?” Sehun shakes his head, and checks his watch and a smile creeps on his face, Luhan is certainly not seeing him in the airport.
 
 
 
 
While on their way to the airport, Luhan is cheerfully singing the band’s song when Sehun’s phone rang.
 
“Who’s that?” Luhan tries to get Sehun’s phone to see who was bugging him. Sehun tapped Luhan’s hand and said “ssssh, it’s my boss.” Luhan’s face made a disgusting face and Sehun can’t help but roll his eyes.
 
“Hello, Kai. Yup yup.” Luhan looks at Sehun speaking animatedly about lenses and contrast and lighting and he can’t help but feel out of place. After all, it’s Kai that Sehun is speaking with. Sehun’s boss and the number 1 in Luhan’s ‘Sehun should not speak or interact with’ list. Yep, he has that list
.
“Yes, sorry. I’ll try to edit that one and email it to you later tonight. Yup, yup. Okay. See you.”
 
When is that phone call going to end?! Luhan pulled Sehun’s shirt and he mouthed what. Luhan instructed Sehun to press the hang up button and mouthed, NOW. He was ignored by Sehun and kept talking to Kai.
 
“No, I am starving. Haha. You? Kai oppa, please eat, I don’t want to lose a y boss.” Sehun laughs and checks Luhan’s reaction.
 
Why are they talking about that? That’s not even work related anymore. Dumb I am here, your bestfriend is here. Duh! And how dare you call him oppa?? Gay Sehun screams gay this dumb .
 
The truth is Kai already hang up moments ago and Sehun was just keeping the fake conversation to see if Luhan would react.
 
“Yah!” Luhan shouted and Sehun muttered the delayed goodbye and looked at the angry boy.
 
“That’s not even work related anymore, asking your boss to eat because y and all that .” Wow, he can curse. Sehun just laughed.
 
Luhan wasn’t sure why he feels that way towards Kai, he wasn’t really jealous of some people talking to his bestfriend besides that particular guy. He doesn’t like Kai and that’s the end of story. The first time he saw Kai, he wanted to pull Sehun and say don’t work with that guy anymore but Sehun has the love for photography so he let them be.
 
“What’s up with the early phone call?!”
 
“Work.” Sehun plainly answered and Luhan grunted as a response.
 
“How about the, I don’t want to lose a y boss?!” Sehun wanted to burst in laughter but of course he can’t.
 
“That’s flirting.” What the ?!
 
“And the oppa?!” Luhan was undeniably red.
 
“That’s aegyo + flirting combo.”
 
“I ing hate you Oh Sehun.”
 
“I love you too.” And Luhan was completely pissed off.
 
Sehun then again checks his watch mentally jumping and fist pumping in the air, again I’m sorry Lu but are not going to see each other here.
 
As soon as they arrived in the airport, Luhan ran because he saw fans carrying banners. Some crying, some spazzing. Luhan was screaming with the fans thinking they are just in time because of the fans’ reaction. Sehun knew that the band wasn’t there because according to the schedule in the forum, the band was supposed to be on the way to a Mall Show.
 
Thanks to that online forum because it’s accurate so far and he can’t help but to be flattered because of his own discovery. He saw Luhan asking fans if Baekhyun’s flight already arrived.
 
“Hi, I just want to ask if PlanetEXO arrived already?” Luhan tried to catch the girl’s attention.
 
“Yep! They left already, well some actually .” Some? Luhan wanted to push the  girl because she kept
looking at the pictures she took with her camera completely ignoring him.
 
“Then why are you still here? Where is the next destination of PlanetEXO?” Luhan asks.
 
“Because Kris oppa and Xiumin oppa aren’t here yet. ByunBaek oppa’s group went to the hotel or the mall already I think.”
 
When Luhan knew that Baekhyun wasn’t here in the airport already, he sat and threw daggers into Sehun’s head.
 
“If it wasn’t for you being so slow and you practically flirted with your boss first instead of driving with full speed, we could have caught Baek here and we could have met and I won’t need to stalk anymore! This is your entire fault Sehun!!” He sobs because all the efforts in waking up early and trying to meet his first love failed.
 
Sehun felt a pang of guilt seeing Luhan like a 5 year old kid who lost his toy. He went to Luhan and Luhan stood and pushed him away. “Lulu..” Sehun called and the boy looked back pointing fans screaming their lungs off because the two other members just arrived and rode a black van.
 
“We could follow that van and maybe it’ll take us to where Planet Mars is. Don’t you think?” The sobbing Luhan stood, nodded and held Sehun’s arms and ran to the parking lot.
 
“Now please drive fast and let’s catch that black van! And it’s not Planet Mars! Omg Baek, please wait for me.” Luhan closes his eyes and prays.
 
Sehun felt something in his stomach and he felt dizzy. “Lu, can I just go to the CR for a while. I feel like throwing up.” Luhan gave Sehun the I-am-judging-you look.
 
“Sehun, I know you don’t like to do this. I am not buying it, now please drive.” Sehun shakes his head and signals ‘1’ with his finger indicating just give him a minute.
 
Luhan sighed in exasperation and let Sehun out, but as soon as Sehun went out of the car, he threw up beside the door. Thank goodness his car wasn’t tainted with vomit. Luhan was shocked when Sehun really did throw up.
 
“What is wrong with you?” He says with full concern. He hasn’t seen his best friend like this before except when he’s having his anxiety attacks.
 
“Anxiety attack I guess. I don’t know.” Sehun wipes his mouth and leans in the driver’s seat.
 
“Let’s just go home then.” Luhan sighs and Sehun drives their way to his apartment.
 
 
 
 
“Of all the times that you’re going to have that anxiety attack, why now?! Of all the freakin times Oh gosh Sehun, sometimes I really hate you to the core. I was this close to seeing him again..” Sehun was throwing up in the CR and shakes his head.
 
“Why do I even have to come with you to see Planet Venus or whatever planet and he isn’t my first love anyway.” He asks and throws up all the hate in the world while Luhan was shouting it wasn’t Planet whatever.
 
What the hell. Why am I having anxiety attacks again?
 
“That’s what GOOD BEST FRIENDS do, supporting their BEST FRIEND and loving what their BEST FRIEND loves.” Luhan emphasizing the word ‘best friend’ that makes Sehun feel hurt at the thought.
 
Yeah, I am just your bestfriend and he is your first love, okay.
 
Luhan was waiting for Sehun to come out of the CR when he saw Sehun’s phone light up.
 
 
 
1 new message
Kai:
Hi sehun, can you accompany me tomorrow? Need to buy new lens for the studio. J
 
 
“No.” Luhan, tongue out deleted Kai’s message so Sehun won’t see. He then looked for other messages of Kai when Sehun snatched his phone.
 
“Why are you looking at my messages?” Mehrong. Luhan laughed and Sehun was bewildered by Luhan’s actions. Luhat got his bag and went to the door.
 
“Sehun-ah, don’t you dare go out with anyone or plan to go out tomorrow because I’ll check on you here. If ever you go out, consider it as F.O.” Huh?
 
“F.O.? What is that?”
 
“Friendship’s Over.” And Luhan went home. What is that for?
 
 
 
Luhan arrived in their home and mentally cursed Kai. That guy ruined my morning and still ruined my night why the hell is he flirting with my best friend anyway?!
 
“Yah, hyung. Have you seen Baekhyun’s band? Saw them on TV. I thought you went in the airport. Those fans were craaaaazy. Like you.” Jongdae; Luhan’s younger brother said.
 
“No. We were late. When we arrived at the airport, they weren’t there anymore.” He sighs and can’t help but to be bat mad once again.
 
“Eh? But you were so early.” Jongdae scratches his head.
 
“I know, anyway Jongdae-ah, do you know if that sneaky boss of yours has a boyfriend a girlfriend or something?!”
 
“Who? Kai?” Luhan nods, Jongdae works at the same company that Sehun was working with.
 
“Dunno, don’t care. But that guy is hot. Why?”
 
“Hot?! I think he’s gay. He’s hitting on Sehun. It creeps the hell out of me.” Jongdae stares at his brother making a long rant on how Kai ruined the morning and how Kai flirted in that phone call.
 
“I can taste bitterness and smell jealousy hyung.” Jongdae laughs at his brother’s rant.
 
“What?! I am not.”
 
“So what if boss wants to flirt with Sehun, they are consenting adults anyway. Hyung I think you’re in the first stage.” What first stage?!
 
“Denial.” Jongdae laughs and shouts goodnight while on his way out because Jongdae knew if he stayed longer in his hyung’s room he’ll get the beating he shouldn’t get.
 
“First stage my face, I just don’t like him. Period.” And Luhan opens his laptop and sends an email to Baekhyun even he’s not sure that Baekhyun can read it.
 
“We will see each other Baek, we promised.”
 
****
 
 
The next day, Luhan was in Sehun’s apartment telling they need to stalk once again but as soon as Sehun wakes up, he feels sick.
 
“Lu, can’t. Head hurts and I feel like throwing up again.” Sehun massages his head and Luhan lets out a bitter laugh.
 
“Maybe someone named Kai was here last night and impregnated your sorry .” He snorts out feeling pissed at his own words.
 
“Hey that was foul. What’s up with you and my boss Kai anyway? He’s not doing anything to you. Why so mad?” Luhan mouthed an “O” and Sehun was pissed because of Luhan’s choice of words.
 
“So you’re trying to save that Kai from me now?! Fine! Then tell your y boss that from now on he’s your best friend! Okay?! I’m outta here!! F.O!!” He storms out of Sehun’s apartment feeling really aggravated by the thought that Sehun dared to fight with him about his boss.
 
He saw a black car park near Sehun’s apartment. Shocked that his best friend or his then best friend because he just declared that their friendship is over, he waited for Sehun’s mystery visitor. A long legged guy with tanned skin wearing shades went out of the car. The guy then pulled his shades off looking at Sehun’s apartment.
 
Oh Kai… I deleted your message. The nerve of you to go here and visit this dumb ’ apartment. You really need to check on him huh?!
 
He continued walking but he haven’t reached 20 steps when he realized , I need to go back to that apartment. They can’t do that !
 
He imagined the sick Sehun being fed by Kai, wiping Sehun’s body with a small towel and helping him to wear his clothes.
 
“THAT CAN’T HAPPEN!” He ran back to the apartment and being his best friend, Luhan has a spare key to Sehun’s apartment and vice versa. Sehun has a spare key to Luhan’s house.
 
 
 
The moment he entered the said apartment, Luhan shouted, “What the hell are you—“ He stopped. He saw Sehun looking and examining some photos.
 
“Where is Kai?” He asked looking for the predator and just in time, Kai went out of the kitchen carrying a bowl of porridge and bread for two.
 
Oh the neeeeeerve. Luhan rolls his eyes at the sight.
 
, Sehun is MY bestfriend and I should be the one doing that for him ssshooo! Sehun was shocked why Luhan came back when he practically declared their F.O. status.
 
“It’s too hot outside so I decided to come back.” He nodded and Luhan stated some more reasons like he was too lazy to walk, he was afraid of big dogs and some more.
 
“I heard Planet something is shooting something, somewhere near. Don’t you want to go see? I heard you’re a fan.” Kai said while he put the porridge in the table.
 
So?! Luhan said in his mind
 
“Yeah, I heard as well. I was about to say that before you stormed out. I thought you knew already.” While examining the photos that Kai brought. Luhan ignored both statements.
 
“Hey Kai, why are you here anyway?” Luhan asks Kai in the calmest tone as he can as possible.
 
“I texted Sehun last night but he didn’t reply..” Because I deleted your message .
 
“He then sent me a message this morning that he can’t send the email because he feels sick so I just went here and let him examine some works that needs to be done, saw a porridge shop..” TMI. Luhan stops Kai and nods.
 
“Guys, you are so cute. How long have you been together?” Sehun blushed pink.
 
Kai knows Sehun’s feelings towards his bestfriend. Screw that day when he was so drunk and he thought Kai was Luhan so he confesses his heart out saying “Luhan, just forget about him and be with me instead. Don’t go with that Baekkie.. what’s his name again? Please.” Sehun won’t forget that day because Kai caught that in camera and let him watch it again and again.
 
“Meh Kai, we’re best.. f-friends only.” Sehun stutters.
 
“We’ve been together before you existed.” Luhan es and Sehun looks at him. Why is he this angry, I don’t get this person sometimes.
 
Sehun was about to take a sip of the porridge when Luhan stopped him.
 
“Shrimp?”  Luhan asks and Kai nodded. “Sehun can’t eat shrimp. He doesn’t like shrimp. Allergies.”
 
Luhan got Sehun’s bowl and threw it in the kitchen sink. Who knows if this porridge has aphrodisiac or some sort of toxic, no way in hell will Sehun eat this. I am the bestfriend, I know better.
 
The rest of the afternoon went blergh since Luhan won’t leave the two of them. Whenever Kai would come close to Sehun, Luhan would practically squeeze himself in the middle. Sehun wanted to think that Luhan is jealous but maybe because they are “bestfriends.”
 
Job done examining photos and Sehun editing some things in his laptop, Luhan learned some things because he can’t let any moment pass; he was like a hawk eyeing Kai and Sehun’s actions. When Kai announced that he was leaving, Luhan was the one who gets Kai’s things and push him out of the apartment.
 
“Hey, you don’t seem sick to me when Kai was here.” Luhan eyeing Sehun suspiciously.
 
“I was, didn’t know what happened. Where did you put the porridge?” Luhan pointed where the porridge is and Sehun was like whaaaat you threw?
 
“I didn’t know why you stayed here making an issue about my boss and why you didn’t stalk Planet Jupiter. I told you he’s somewhere near here.”Luhan then remembered that yeah he needs to see Baekhyun.
 
“See what you made me do!! You made me stay here and I almost forgot about Baekhyun!!” Luhan then again storms out and Sehun just scratches his head. Okay that was weird.

 

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

That's it for the first chapter, what do you think? :D
By the way I made sure that you don't get confused by putting text color with the italicized words which pertain to Luhan and Sehun :)