The Way I Do

Stick Around

Jessica’s POV

 

I’m still here at school, sitting at a swing while watching over my students happily playing around the playground and waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up. I don’t know why I became a pre-school teacher but I really like kids and teaching them stuff.

In fact, I feel really happy whenever I see my students. It’s a good thing that my parents have been supportive of me. Speaking of my parents, they moved here way before me as I stay behind in America and finished my college there. After graduating, I went to Korea and tada! I’m here. We have a small business here but it attracts a lot of customers. I have a sister named Krystal. We have an of 4 years, she’s 20 while I’m 24. She will handle our business after she finish her studies. But she also helps there, that goes the same for me, whenever we have a free time. Suddenly, one of my students approached me.

“Teacher Jessica, how did Sooyoung-hyung confessed to you?” Minho asked.  I was shocked a little bit when he asked me that.

“Hm. Why? You’re gonna confess to Sulli aren’t you? I and he just blushed and pouted.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute Minho. Well, it’s not a grand confession but for me it is the sweetest one as long we got together. He sang me a song at first and confessed that he loves me. He asked me if I can be his girlfriend, I accepted him because I love him back” I shared my story while smiling at the kid in front of me.

“That’s so sweet of him, noona. You two look perfect together” He said while grinning at me.

“You think so? Hehe. Thank you Minho” I said and pat his head. Now that I shared my story at him on how Sooyoung confessed to me, I can’t help but to remember that very special day.

 

 

Flashback (2 years ago)

 

 

It’s been one year since I’ve met Sooyoung. After sending me off to the mall, he asked for my number and I asked why. He said maybe we can be friends. I agreed to the idea, as I find him really friendly and good-looking.

Since then, we started texting and calling each other. I would ask him sometimes to tour me around the town or accompany me because I’m new here. We became really close after spending time with each other. We would act like a couple sometimes or tease each other. I don’t know why I can be comfortable around him really fast and just show the warm side of me. I guess, I have fallen for him and I can’t back out of my feeling anymore.

 

Sooyoung and I went out to have some fun along with our friends, Taeyeon and Tiffany, after they asked as if we would like to come. Well Taeyeon and Tiffany or as we call them, TaeNy, has been together now for a year already. Tiffany is my bestfriend from the States. So anyway, they decided to go to a noraebang. Taeyeon and Tiffany is really good at singing, I think that’s one of the reason they look good together. While Taeyeon and Tiffany still picking what song they will sing, Sooyoung suddenly nudged me and I looked at him.

“Yes Soo? I asked while raising a brow.

“Are you good at singing? He asked me.

“Hm. Nope. Not really, I do not sing in front of people. Only when I am alone” I answered while laughing softly.

“Really? I don’t believe you though. Haha how about you sing later and I’ll be the judge of it?” He dared me while grinning at me.

“Aish. Fine, but you have to sing later okay? So I can hear your voice. Deal?” I asked him while smirking.

“Deal.”

Soon, the Taeny couple picked  their choice of song, No Air. They did a duet and they sang it very well, I mean really well, that I would give them a standing ovation if this was kind of a competition. Now, it’s my turn to pick my choice and I picked If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys. I’m not that nervous as I know my voice is not that good. But when I glanced at Sooyoung sometimes, he’s staring me at awe and I can’t help to feel this hotness on my cheeks so I turned my back at him as I don’t want him to see me. When I’m finished he’s still staring at me.

“Yah! Why are you staring at me like that?”

‘Liar! You said you’re voice is not good but it feels like a voice of an angel when you started singing. You’re really good Sica. You should sing more often so I can listen to your voice. I won’t get bored listening to it.” He said while smiling. I feel like my heart wants to get out of my chest as it keeps on beating faster when he said that.

“Have you heard a voice of an angel huh?” I jokingly said and stuck my tongue out. “And it’s your turn now. Impress me okay?”

“Oh, I will. Be prepared” He said while pumping his fist to the air while saying “hwaiting”. I chuckled while looking at him. He’s a bit childish sometimes.

 

Sooyoung selected the song The Way I Do.

 

The Way I Do


Your kiss, your smile, your mind
You're sunlight in my eyes
I miss your breath on my neck
When we whisper in the night

 

As he opened his mouth, his voice is very manly yet soft. I didn’t expected that he is good as well.
 


Didn't wanna want you
Didn't wanna need you so bad
Didn't wanna wake up 
And find that I was falling so fast
Didn't wanna need you
Didn't wanna need anyone
Now look what you've done

 

He fixed my eyes on me while singing, like he’s sending me a message through the song. When I realized that he’s staring at me for a while, I looked away and started blushing.



Now I can't go on without you
I'm , I cant fake it.
I'm not that strong without you
Never thought I could love you the way I do.

Your touch, your skin, can't believe the way you let me in
Don't rush tonight, I need you like the ocean needs the tide.

 

I returned my eyes to look at him and he’s still staring at me. It’s been like we’re in our own world not minding anyone inside the karaoke room.



Didn't wanna want you
Didn't wanna need you so bad
Didn't wanna wake up 
And find that I was falling so fast
Didn't wanna need you
Didn't wanna need anyone
Now look what you've done

Now I can't go on without you
I'm , I cant fake it.
I'm not that strong without you
Never thought I could love you the way I do.

I always thought I would stand on my own
Climb a mountain top all alone
Relying, depending on no one
Now look at what you've done

Now I can't go on without you
I'm , I cant fake it.
I'm not that strong without you
Never thought I could love you the way I do.

Never thought I could love you
Never thought I could need you
Never thought I could want you
The way I do

Never thought I could love you
Never thought I could need you
Never thought I could want you
The way I do

I love you
I need you
I want you
..the way I do

 

When the song is finished, we clapped for him. He’s still looking at me. And Taeyeon started teasing us because we’ve been having eye contact through the whole time he’s singing . But what I didn’t expect the most was when Soo knelt down in front of me and hold my hands.

“Soo, what are you doing? Get up.”

 

“Shh.” He placed a finger on my lips to shut me up.

 

“Now, let me take this chance to say the things I really want to say to you, that I’ve been keeping inside of me but had no guts to say it in front of you. I chose that song cause I think, it’ll help me a little bit and point some of what I feel for you. But this song is not enough to tell you how I feel. Jessica Jung… since I first saw you, I know I wanted to see you everyday after that.  Soon, we became friends and grew really close up to the point we’re acting like a couple.” He said while chuckling and still kneeling down and holding my hand gently.

” I can’t ignore my feelings anymore, I fall in love with you. No! Scratch that. I love you Sica, I really do. I know I want to make you happy everyday, wipe away your tears when you cry, hug you when you feel cold, protect you always, to do sweet things to you, to treat you like a princess. And oh, to kiss your soft and luscious lips” He said while laughing softly. I punched his arm playfully and he cleared his throat and turned into being serious again.” There’s so many  things I wanna do with you but it will only happen when you are mine. I know this is not the confession you expect or anything. Hmm. So Jung Sooyeon, will you be my girlfriend?”  He asked me nervously and his looking to my eyes sincerely ever since he started. So many thoughts are on my mind right now and I snapped out of it when he started speaking again.

 

“Jessica?” He called me. “Would you like for me to repeat it again? Jessica Jung, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

I cup his face and look into his eyes to find any doubts or lies but all I see is love and sincerity.

 

“I would be more willing to be your girlfriend Choi Sooyoung. I love you too Sooyoung.” I answered his question and laughed softly after seeing the wide smile plastered on his face.

 

 He suddenly huggedme and whispered “You don’t know how much you make me so happy today Sica-ah.”

 

“That goes the same for me too. I love you.” I whispered back.

 

He pulled away from the hug and looked at me lovingly before he lean towards me. I closed my eyes because of the sudden contact.

 

“I” He kissed my forehead,

 

“Love” And then my nose,

 

“You” Lastly, he kissed my lips. I kissed him back and suddenly pulled away when we hear some laughter in background. Oh, I forgot Taeyeon and Tiffany is still with us. They congratulated us for being together and give each other a hug. This would be one of my happiest moments in life.

 

Flashback ends

 

I was still sitting on the swing when a pair of hands covered my eyes.

“Guess who?” the person who covered my eyes asked me. I know it is him just by his scent and voice.

“Hm. Is it my boyfriend Daniel Henney?” I . He removed his hands and went in from me.

“Oh. So Daniel Henney is your boyfriend now huh? I guess you don’t need me anymore.” He said and started walking away. But before he could go any further, I stand up and hold his wrist and turned him back.

“Yah! Nobody beats my handsome Choi Sooyoung”  I said while giggling and pecked his lips.

“Hehe. I know. Jung Sooyeon is only for Choi Sooyoung.” He said which made me smile and pecked my lips several times.

“And Choi Sooyoung is only for Jessica Jung” I said and he gave me a nod and pecked my lips again.

“Are you ready to go?”

“Yes” I said and intertwined our hands. We bid goodbye to the kids and started walking to his car. 

 

 

 

******************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0htmsKfnZQ (If you want to here the song Sooyoung sang, I put up the link)

Happy Valentine's :))