Chapter 4

The Words I Can't Say

“Mwo?” she said while pointing to herself, “me?”

“Yep!” while circling his finger on the tip of the wine glass, “can’t I?”

“Eeeyyy, don’t pull a prank on me Jung Yong Hwa”

“I’m not. It just…” raising his shoulders and still looking at the wine glass, “happened.”

She slightly laughed, “ya! Remember when we were 1st year? 4 of you were so famous and were even called the “F4”?

He laughed while remembering those moments. “Oh, why? Aaaiisssh! I can’t even dare to think about it now. It was…….embarrassing.”

“I had a crush on you back then.”

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun earnestly.

“But it was gone when we got to be classmates on 2nd year. I thought, ah it was just a loved-the-way-you-acted-cool-while-walking kind of crush.”

He sighed and looked the opposite direction.

She continued, “then I met your cousin, Leejoon. There I realized that crush, like and love are different from each other.”

“So, how about define those three now.” He finally talked.

“Crush was basically you. Like was pretty much Leejoon and love, love was, maybe Kyuhyun? But we’re over now so I think I need to find new love.”

They looked into each other’s eyes. “How about we upgrade your crush into love?”

“Upgrade? What do you think of yourself? An IOS version?” she laughed. “I’ll sleep now. Good night, see you tomorrow!”

“Okay. And please lock the door. Thank you and good night!”

“Aigoo! Look at this guy. Yes sir!”

Yonghwa just stayed in the balcony finishing what’s left on the bottle. He was just drinking until he found him talking to his self.

“What? Crush? IOS version? That girl is crazy, jinjja. What do they have that I don’t? Even if you combine the both of them, i’m a million times better.”

Just in time, Jonghyun appeared. “Oh really? Nu gu?”

“Ya! How long have you been there?”

“Well, let’s say, from crush to a million times better.” He sat on the chair and saw the other glass on the table. “I see you got a company. Who is it?”

“Ah, it’s Joohyun. She came and thanked me for helping her earlier.”

“You know what, bro. I know you like her.”

Flustered, “whaaaaaaat? Nooooo. How did you know? Wait, since when? You noticed?”

“Whoa~ whoa~ chill! Got ya there! So it’s true?”

Yonghwa put his hand on his forehead, “is it that obvious?”

“Actually, no. It’s just me and Yoona who noticed. I don’t know about the others though.”

Jonghyun was about to drink on Yonghwa’s glass when he prevented it. “Please don’t tell anyone and please convince Yoona that it’s not true. I don’t want to ruin our friendship.”

“Ahrasseo, just chill man! But, I heard Kyuhyun contacted her again. What will you do?”

“Simple, I’ll be like an IOS version.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

He stood up. “Nothing, i’ll sleep first. Good night!”

 

---------------------------

 

Their Macau trip was over and they arrived in Korea. They’re back to their daily lives, as usual.

Sunny, an owner of a bar in Hongdae, was bored so she contacted the girls.

“Hey, I’m bored. Ladies night? Just come.”

JOOHYUN: Sure! I will just finish some paper works.

TIFFANY: Going!

YOONA: Definitely.

 After receiving Sunny’s text, they each finished what’s need to be finished and then head out to her club.

“Ya, where’s my favorite DJ?” Sooyoung whispered to Sunny.

“It’s his rest day today” Sunny answered.

Sooyoung pouted, “How sad. I won’t be able to see him.”

The girls are dancing and drinking to their heart’s content. They danced with a few boys in the crowd too but definitely not more than that.

They went back to the VIP room and rested for a little bit while drinking their Margaritas.

“I have something to tell you.” Joohyun opened up.

“What is it?” Tiffany answered and they all looked at Joohyun.

“Do you guys know that Yonghwa likes me?”

The girls leaned back on the sofa, uninterested. “We know!”

“Ya! Are you that numb to not know someone’s feelings?” Jessica spoke.

“Wait, how did you guys know? And how come I’m left out in this topic?”

“It’s not that you’re left out, we just felt he likes you and it was proven to be true. We thought you already knew.” Taeyeon explained.

Confused, “no I don’t. How come I didn’t notice it all this time?”

“We don’t know. It’s either you’re pabo or you just don’t care.” Yuri answered.

“Actually, both.” Hyoyeon teased.

“You had a crush on him when we were 1st year, right?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah, but that was like nothing. I mean, you know, teenagers confused of what’s like and love.”

“So here’s the question,” Yoona asked, “do you like him too?”

“Hmmmm….”