Chapter 1

The Words I Can't Say

 

We are a group of friends since high school. We are the so-called “all around buddies”. We study, eat, drink and etc., together. Whenever all of us are free, we go clubbing, out of town and travel.

I have a crush on one of the girls in the group. Her name is Seo Joo Hyun. I realized I like her after the graduation party. That night, we were all drunk and she clung a lot to me which made me took care of her the whole time.

But there was one thing I didn’t do after I realized I like her. CONFESS. I can’t because she had a boyfriend.

One Saturday night, she Lined the group.

“Guys, we broke up!”

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Yoona, Sunny, Sooyoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin replied with the same message, “WHAT? WHY?”

JOOHYUN: “Well she replaced me with a ! Remember Hyuna from the second section? That girl!”

JESSICA: “That !”

SOOYOUNG: “I wanna chop off his head right now!”

JONGHYUN: “What do you want us to do to him, Joohyun?”

JOOHYUN: “I want to kill them too but, no thanks. Just let him, guys! I don’t love him anymore and wanted to break up with him a long time ago but I didn’t have the reason. Let’s go out tonight! My treat!”

YOONA: “Sure! I’ll borrow dad’s limo.”

TIFFANY: “I’ll call uncle and reserve the VIP room for us.”

TAEYEON: “GAME! 10pm”

YOONA: “I’ll pick you all up!”

ALL: “Okay!”

My phone rang after reading the conversation.

“Hello?”

“Ya! Yonghwa! Have you checked Line? We’re hanging out tonight!

“Yep, I read it!”

“Okay, good! Yoona’s limo will pick us up. 10pm!”

“Okay!”

“See you! Bye.”

It was Joohyun. She talked very fast that I haven’t even had the chance to ask her about the break up.

“Now that they broke up, I should grab the chance! I have to gather my confidence and say that I like her before the sun rises tomorrow” I thought. Whatever her answer is, I’ll accept it. No one in the group knew about my growing feelings for Joohyun. I guess that’s the only thing I hid to them.

Time passed by as I was thinking on how to confess my feelings for Joohyun. I think it’ll be awkward but Jonghyun confessed to Yoona while we were having a bonfire in Maldives, why can’t I?

The club of Tiffany’s uncle is in Gangnam and my place is near so they fetched me last. Jungshin called to say they’re waiting outside already. I opened the car door and my eyes searched for Joohyun immediately. She sat on the far end. As usual, she looked beautiful and y with that sparkling red mini dress and black pumps. I can’t take my eyes off of her even though we were talking and laughing. It amazes me how her beauty grows every day.

We got out of the limo and entered the club. Everybody’s so pumped up that we’re dancing already while walking to the VIP room. As usual, Sunny ordered the drinks and Tiffany ordered the food. Yoona and Jonghyun was all lovey dovey in the corner, the rest was dancing and I was just sitting, watching and sipping my drink.

The dance floor is getting intense so I decided to join in. I was shocked when Joohyun came to me and danced. I was tipsy so I danced with her too. What made me came back to my senses is that she’s grinding in front of me. It’s not the first time for me to see her grind like that but this time, she did it to me. I was speechless. I don’t know what to do so I slightly stop her and back to just dancing with my hand on her waist and hers over my shoulder.

Everybody sat down for a bit and talked about Joohyun’s break up.

“Joohyun-ah! What did really happen?” Hyoyeon started asking.

Joohyun was drunk already but still, she answered the question. “I went to his house. I saw him in bed with Hyuna, . Both of them. That smirked at me and he just said that we’re over. I just left without a word and immediately lined you all! The end.”

She was obviously hurt but won’t say it to us. She stared blankly at the table and started crying. I, who was sitting beside her, was the only one who saw her tears. She looked at me and said, “why are all the boys like that?”. I can’t hear her because of the loud music so I moved closer. The moment I sat closer, her head fell down on my shoulder and was sleeping already.

“Ya! Where are we going to sleep?” I asked while pointing Joohyun letting them know she’s asleep.

“Yours. It’s nearer!” Sunny immediately answered.

“Okay, I’ll take Joohyun home now.”

I took Joohyun to my house as decided by the others.

This situation is not new to me anymore. Every time our group hangs out, we decide whose house to sleep together. Since high school it’s been like this, my-house-your-home kind of relationship.

We arrived at my house and put her on the guest’s bedroom. I took off her shoes, and lay the blanket. I moved the hair that is covering her face and slowly run my finger to her cheeks. Those pinkish, loveable cheeks. I slowly moved my face to kiss her but the door opened. It was the girls. Talking and laughing while entering the room.

“You guys should sleep now. You’re all drunk again.”

Tiffany pointed at me, “ya! Stop nagging. Get out and sleep too. Good night!”

“Good night, boys!” Sunny doing aegyo while speaking.

I turned off the lights and got out. Jungshin, Minhyuk and Jonghyun slept in my room.

I had the chance to kiss her. "I should’ve done it. No. confess first before kissing her." I thought. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to drink some water. I was surprised when I saw Joohyun at the dining area.

“Oh, you’re awake?” I spoke.

“Aaaiisshh! You scared me!”

“Sorry. I was about to drink water too.”

She sat down and put her glass on the dining table. I sat in front of her too.

“Joohyun-ah, I have something to say to you.”

“What is it?” she says while massaging her head.

“I…. I… I… I like… I like you….”