Chapter 6

The Words I Can't Say

It was around 8 in the morning. Joohyun got up and walked out of her room. She was shocked to see Yonghwa busy and hustling around her kitchen.

He heard the door opened and smiled.  “Oh you’re awake! Good morning, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi.”

She walked down the stairs and head to the kitchen. “What’s up with the formality? And why do you seem so happy?”

“Can I not be happy in the morning? C’mon let’s stop bickering.” Yonghwa went to where she was standing and let her sit on the chair. He grabbed the coffee and bacon omelette that he made in the counter. “Here, eat.”

“Waaa~ thank you! I’ll eat it well.” She grabbed the fork and started eating.

They ate and chit chat for about 30 minutes. Just the moment they stood up, the door bell rang.

“Oh, I think it’s Jonghyun.” Yonghwa said.

Joohyun looked at the screen of the alarm system and confirmed if it was Jonghyun. “Come in!” She spoke while pressing the open gate button.

“Dude, you look terrible. Where have you been? Did you sleep yet?” Yonghwa patted Jonghyun’s shoulder.

He smirked, “ani, I had a very very good night!”

“Ah~ I think I know why!” Joohyun smiled and looked at Yonghwa.

“You’re so genius, Seo Joo Hyun!” Jonghyun laughed and hi-fived her.

That dawn after leaving at the bar, Jonghyun went to Yoona’s apartment and had their ‘moment’.

Jonghyun was there to pick up Yonghwa for he rode his car the night Joohyun drunk-called Yonghwa. Soon after Jonghyun’s story of their ‘moment’, they left and got home.

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

Joohyun’s secretary knocked and opened the door of her office. She was shocked with the bouquet that her secretary has in her hands. She stood up and asked who they came from.

Her secretary just raised both of her shoulders saying, “I don’t know”. She received the bouquet and sat down while trying to find the card. It was just a small piece of paper with “Thank you for last night. – JYH” written on it.

She was flabbergasted and thought of what they did last night. But the more she thinks, the more she is convinced that they didn’t do anything last night, well earlier to be exact.

She dialed Yonghwa’s number in a hurry. Before he could even answer “hello”, she talked already.

“Ya! What’s with last night?”

“Whoa, chill! I was just thanking you for letting me sleep at your home last night.”

“Huh? Are you sick or what? Thank you is enough but with flowers? You are crazy!”

“Hahahaha! Chill girl, it’s just a flower, what’s the big deal? Anyway, I have an operation in 30 minutes. See you at the high school reunion later! And by the way, you’re such a good actress, didn’t even noticed that you weren’t drunk last night. Bye!”

He hanged up. She was left shy and hitting her forehead while saying ‘pabo’ for like a hundred times. “How am I going to face him later? This is all messed up!” she blurted out.

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

Later that night, they had a high school reunion. It’s actually because of Key. He just arrived from Paris after years of studying Fashion and Design there. Hyoyeon offered her restaurant as the gathering place so they met there.

Of course, these 9 girls and 4 boys arrived in Yoona’s limousine. Well, to save gas and to just basically be at one car together.

All of their high school classmates arrived already and were just waiting for them. They greeted each other; talk here, there and loudness everywhere. Thank God Hyoyeon closed her restaurant that night or else, her customers will go crazy coz of noisiness if ever she didn’t.

Joohyun didn’t even dare to look or talk to Yonghwa and she’s relieved that he was busy talking to others that night.

It was a night full of catching up to each other’s lives, the boys and girls were grouped and just talked whatever they like.

Hyoyeon prepared a buffet so they can just pick whatever they like. Joohyun went to the desserts table and Yonghwa saw her. He followed her and stood by her side.

“Why are you avoiding me?” he said.

She was shocked when she saw his face near hers. “M…me….me?? Avoiding you? I didn’t!”

“Yes you did, in the car earlier too.”

“I didn’t!” Joohyun took a piece of cupcake and stuffed it into Yonghwa’s mouth to basically shut him up and she walked away. He just laughed it off.

When she was back to the table, the girls stared at her. “Why? Is there something on my face?”

“Nope, we’re just curious if there’s something going on already between the two of you.” Yuri said.

So, the girls saw them all this time in the dessert table.

“I’m doomed.

Yoona stood up and put her elbow to Joohyun’s shoulder. “Girl, have you thought of opening your heart to him already? Wow that was fast!” 

“Eeeyyy~ why are you like that? It’s nothing!”

“I heard he slept at your home last night? Something happened?” Jessica said.

Tiffany spat the wine she drank. “IT HAPPENED ALREADY???”

“YAAAH! Shut up, all of you! Nothing happened, okay? NOTHING HAPPENED! He slept at the guest room and me in my own room, happy?

“No, we’re not.” Taeyeon smirked.

“Then what about the flowers?” Sooyoung changed the topic.

“Waaaah! The news is flying all over. I don’t know what to say.”

“Yes you do, you just don’t have the guts to say it!” Taeyeon said.

All of them stayed silent after all the teasing they did to Joohyun, while she was basically pissed a little but not hating it, AT ALL.

The night finished off with goodbyes from each other; hugs and kisses with the girls while shaking hands and hugs for the boys.

Everyone arrived at their respective homes already.

After Yonghwa got out of the shower, his phone received a text.

“You are such a bad man!”

It was from Joohyun.

“Why? What did I do?” He replied.

“You’re making me fall in love with you.”

 

 

 

 

AN: Hi, hello, annyeong!!! Haha i'm back after a million years. You din't forget this story, right?? I was pretty busy with RL but i'm back on track. Anyway, any Pinoy readers here? *hands up* 9 days to go before Blue Moon in Manila, i'm pretty excited to see the boys!!! Hahaha thanks for reading and please please don't forget to comment and subscribe. I love you all!!

PS: You can follow me on twitter: @kwaiiiiii

 

xoxo, kwai