Chapter 8

Fate that Goes in a Rectangle

It was a nice sunny day with a light breeze as Eun Mi adjusted her backpack strap for hiking. It was Sunggyu's idea who wanted everybody (including his old grandpa self) to get some fresh air, exercise, and some stress relief. Hoya decided to invite Young Mi and Eun Mi using the excuse that Dongwoo was going to be there while Woohyun brought Jin Hee along.

 

"Your shoes are untied, Young Mi-ah!" Woohyun called out.

 

"Oh no! Dongwoo, you think you can tie them for me?" Young Mi pouted. Dongwoo who was fixing his gear surely said yes as he bend down, while Woohyun secretly grinned behind Dongwoo's back.

 

"Let us go!" Sungyeol pointed to the top of the mountain with his hiking stick. They all went up in pairs forming a line.

 

Halfway up the top, Eun Mi was astonished by the breathtaking view. She stopped to take a pause along with Hoya who was right next to her. As the most fit, she and Hoya have reached the halfway point first as the rest lagged behind.

 

As they sat together on a rock, they started to replenish their energy with water and granola bars while wiping their sweat.

 

"This is really beautiful Hoya!" Eun Mi said pointing at the scenery.

 

"I know. They are all so beautiful." Hoya caught himself staring at Eun Mi and quickly glanced somewhere else as she looked in his direction.

 

Meanwhile, Jin Hee and Woohyun were coming up the slope and both of them spotted Hoya glancing at Eun Mi.

 

"Hey, it looks like Hoya likes Eun Mi," Woohyun whispered to Jin Hee's ear.  He gave a wide grin knowing he could also hook up another pair besides Young Mi and Dongwoo.

 

"I know," Jin Hee replied back. Both of them stopped and decided to rest nearby to not disturb the couple.

 

"But man, now that I noticed it, Hoya was super obvious about liking Eun Mi. He kept trying to make his move!" Woohyun told Jin Hee, "first it was the party, the milk tea place, the movie theaters and now this!"

 

Why did Jin Hee feel uneasy? Jin Hee was not sure although she felt super uncomfortable thinking about this as she played with the rocks with her shoe.

 

"I just want Hoya to be happy like how I am with Woohyun-ah," Jin Hee thought.

 

--

After 20 minutes, Eun Mi told Hoya, "I think we should get going because the others might have given up. Especially Sunggyu-sshi, who seems really out of shape. No offense to him."

 

"Okay sure," Hoya prepared himself, "you go first and I will follow behind."

 

As they were going up, for some reason, the cliff became very steep. Hoya struggled to catch up with Eun Mi who seemed to be going up with ease. As the distance between Hoya and Eun Mi grew more and more, Hoya begun to worry, although he did not want to show his weakness and scream "slow down!" to Eun Mi. Eun Mi was soon out of Hoya's sight as they neared the top.

 

As Hoya took a quick pit stop (in which he vowed to run up to catch up with Eun Mi) and continuously worried about Eun Mi, he heard his name being called out.

 

"Hoya! Hoya! Can you hear me?" the voice cried.

 

"Is that Eun Mi-ah?" Hoya thought in panic. He quickly packed his stuff and started to hike fast up the cliff despite his sore legs.

 

"Eun Mi-ah! Jo Eun Mi!" Hoya called out. He was on the brink of breaking down as adrenaline surged in his body . He then heard a faint reply.

 

"Hoya! You there?!" Hoya spotted Eun Mi coming down as quickly as possible with panicky but cautionary steps.

 

"Are you okay Hoya? Are you hurt? I looked back, but you were not there." Eun Mi gave a thorough inspection of him.

 

Hoya who just stood there staring at Eun Mi pulled her into a tight hug.

 

"You are okay. You are okay," he repeatedly whispered into her ear.

 

And all Eun Mi heard was the sound of her heart resonating loudly in her ear amidst the calm forest.

 

--

As Hoya pulled out of the embrace, Eun Mi quickly looked down embarrassed and hiding her redness.

 

"Sorry," Hoya murmured, "I was just a bit worried because I lost you there for a second. And sorry for lagging behind. My legs were kind of becoming sore." Hoya also looked at the ground embarrassed as well.

 

"Haha, it is okay. I should have watched out for you my chingu," Eun Mi looked up and smiled giving a poke on Hoya’s legs, "we should head down then if your legs are tired." (A/N: chingu = friend)

 

"Okay, after a short break," Hoya said sitting on a huge boulder and took a huge breath to calm himself down. It was hot and Hoya started to fan himself with his hand.

 

Eun Mi took out her cold water and started drinking. Afterwards, she took out some towels and damped it with cold water.

 

"Just so we don't get a heat ." She placed them on both her and Hoya's neck.

 

Hoya almost flinched at the coldness of the towels, but it felt really good.

 

"Ahhhh, thanks Eun Mi," Hoya smiled. Hoya also took out some cold water bottles from his backpack and placed them on Eun Mi's forehead.

 

"Wow, that is cold!" Eun Mi laughed.

 

The coldness of the towel and his newfound happiness inside made Hoya feel so good as if he had enough strength to climb up and down the mountain at least a hundred times.

 

--

Nearby, Woohyun and Jin Hee heard laughter and saw Eun Mi and Hoya pressing cold water bottles against their faces.

 

Eun Mi spotted Woohyun and Jin Hee, "What is up you guys?" She beckoned the couple to come join them.

 

"Where are the rest?" Hoya asked Woohyun.

 

"Not sure, but my guess is that Sunggyu might have made Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol go back down, while Young Mi and Dongwoo might be on their way up," Woohyun replied. Woohyun took out his water bottle and gave it to Jin Hee.

 

"I am surprised you guys did not get up to the top yet. Woohyun-ah and I were pretty slow," Jin Hee said to Eun Mi.

 

"Yeah, Hoya was the slow one here haha," Eun Mi giggled. Hoya tried his best to pout but laughed as well.

 

"Oh and I thought Eun Mi would be the laggy one here," Woohyun teased, "but it looks like you are stronger than Hoya!" Woohyun smiled.

 

Jin Hee seeing everybody laughing, especially Hoya, smiled as well as she witnessed the whole teasing of Hoya.

 

She is a good girl,” Jin Hee thought.

 

With Jin Hee’s sudden smile because of Eun Mi, Woohyun felt extremely happy and began his teasing once more.

 

--

In the distance, one could see Young Mi and Dongwoo coming up the slope with Young Mi struggling up while linking arms with Dongwoo. Woohyun who saw them coming up started applauding really loud.

 

"Good job, good job!" Woohyun shouted. Dongwoo acknowledged everybody with a wave and a huge grin as he helped Young Mi come to where everybody else was.

 

"Feels like a fashion show haha," Dongwoo said as he sat on the boulder.

 

"Maybe because you were linking arms with Young Mi-ah," Eun Mi pointed out, "but Young Mi looks pooped out. You okay?"

 

"Yeah," Young Mi exasperated, "I would not have made it up there with Dongwoo-ah's help."

 

Dongwoo took a drink of water then asked, "Who needs a leg massage?" Dongwoo put his hands in the air.

 

"Hoya needs one!" Eun Mi shouted back. Hoya just compiled as his legs were very sore.

 

"Ah feel so good!" Hoya told Dongwoo as Hoya stared intensely at Dongwoo’s eyes while Dongwoo concentrated on his massages. Everybody watched as Dongwoo created chopping noises during his exaggerated massage.

 

"Look at Hoya’s eyes. I told you he was gay," Eun Mi whispered to Young Mi as they both moved a considerable distance away from everybody to find more shade.

 

"You seriously think weird, Eun Mi-ah. Those actions do not constitute gayness. And if anything, Dongwoo is already taken by me so Hoya can’t have him," Young Mi whispered back fiercely. Eun Mi put a are-you-sure-look and then started laughing at Young Mi’s hopes.

 

“You are too cute trying to defend your husband-to-be haha!” Eun Mi chuckled patting Young Mi who was pretending to be cutely jealous.  

 

While Eun Mi and Young Mi were giggling with each other like girls, Hoya was actually taking a peek at Eun Mi instead of Dongwoo from his distance. He felt giddy all of the sudden and he could not help but prolong his stare at Eun Mi. It got to the point where Hoya did not realize that Dongwoo was done and was snapping his fingers in Hoya’s ears.

 

“Earth to Hoya, earth to Hoya,” Dongwoo was almost using a loud voice and talking directly into Hoya’s ears. This blunt Dongwoo did not realize anything at all.

 

“What. Oh sorry,” Hoya snapped out of his own world and shook his head, “thanks man!”

 

Hoya got up and shook his sore legs.


“Let us go back down,” Hoya beckoned everybody. As they started to go down the mountain, Hoya tried his best to stay behind Eun Mi just in case she fell again to stare at her again.    


CAN I JUST MARRY INFINITE OMG. THE NEW MV --> DESTINY *FANGIRLS*

THAT

SONG

JUST

GREW

ON

ME!

  

HOYA GIF FTW! ;D (but myungsoo looked hecka hot too omg the beginning!)

Thanks for reading my crappy fanfic! ;D <3 <3 <3