Chapter 7

Fate that Goes in a Rectangle

Hoya took a huge breath as he eyed the door anxiously and placed his hands in his pant pockets. He was at the movie theaters and he was finally able to get a date with Eun Mi. Not really a date date, but more like a hangout after he finally persuaded her to go along with her friend Young Mi. He also invited Dongwoo to accompany Young Mi (for obvious reasons).

 

Although Hoya really wanted to go alone with Eun Mi, Woohyun apparently heard his plans while eavesdropping and decided to come along with his girlfriend Jin Hee. Hoya eyed Woohyun who was sitting together with Jin Hee at a table in the concession area.

 

PING

 

Hoya checked his phone for a text.

 

Woohyun hyung: Dude, chillax! You look too nervous by the door there. Come sit with us over here =__=

 

Hoya looked at Woohyun and stuck his tongue at him, mocking him. As if you can make me come over there.

 

“Hoya looks like a loser haha,” Woohyun laughed while talking to Jin Hee.

 

“I know right?” However, Jin Hee kept staring at Hoya and tried to mask her face from the worry she started to feel. She kind of felt pity.

 

All the sudden, Jin Hee spotted Eun Mi and Young Mi rushing towards the entrance. She saw Hoya’s anxiety turn into all smiles.

 

“Sorry we are late. Parking was super bad,” Jin Hee overheard Eun Mi.

 

“No worries! The movie doesn’t start for another 20 minutes,” Hoya checked his watch, “besides, we still have to wait on Dongwoo hyung.”

 

“He just texted me. He is currently parking his car,” Young Mi said checking her phone.

 

“Alrightie then. Let’s join Woohyun hyung over there while we wait for him,” Hoya pointed to the table that Woohyun and Jin Hee were seated at. Woohyun gave a handwave.

 

They all made themselves comfortable at the table. Eun Mi eyed the concession stand which smelled of freshly made popcorn. “Maybe this is the chance I could start making it up to Woohyun-sshi for that one day at the amusement park,” she thought.

 

“I am going to get some popcorn for the movie,” Eun Mi got up from her seat.

 

“Eun Mi-ah! I can buy the popcorn for you guys!” Hoya spoke up unexpectedly. He did not realize that he said those words. He quickly got up and ran to the concession stand on an impulse. Eun Mi, who got confused, quickly followed after him.

 

While grabbing popcorn, Eun Mi said, “Hoya, I really want to treat everybody today and buy popcorn.”

 

Hoya looked at her. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes of course! I just got a raise at my work so I want to celebrate a little bit,” Eun Mi bluntly lied. She gave Hoya a huge smile. She really wanted to treat Woohyun.

 

Hoya put his hands up in surrender.

 

“Alright. I will listen to you, but next time, let me treat you okay? I really want to treat you since it has been a long time since I have."

 

Has it? I have not noticed,” Eun Mi gave it a quick thought.

 

“Hm, well you can treat me to some restaurant or something next time! Anyways, you think you can help me carry the popcorn?”  

 

Secretly inside, Hoya was felt giddy and was dancing in extreme happiness. He finally had an excuse to secure the next date with Eun Mi.

 

“Of course I can help you.” Hoya gave a bright smile although he tried his best to mask his sudden happiness.

 

Both Hoya and Eun Mi went back to the table with the popcorn and they both noticed that Dongwoo arrived.

 

“Hey, its Dongwoo hyung!” Hoya said, putting the popcorn down on the table. He and Eun Mi took a seat.

 

“Yo!” Dongwoo automatically dug one of his hands into the popcorn.

 

“Yah, where are your manners?!” Young Mi pestered loudly as she saw Dongwoo’s actions. Her eyes were wide open.

 

“There is too much popcorn for Hoya and Eun Mi to eat alone, so I voluntarily decided to help eat,” Dongwoo grinned.

 

Everybody started laughing because Dongwoo was Dongwoo.

 

“Yeah, this bag is for Woohyun-sshi and Jin Hee-sshi,” Eun Mi pushed the biggest bag towards them, “and that one is for Young Mi-ah and Dongwoo-sshi to share. Hoya and I will get this bag.” Eun Mi pointed at the last bag.

 

“Off to the movies!” Dongwoo got up and pointed towards the movie rooms in an exaggerated fashion. He quickly took the bag of popcorn and beckoned Young Mi to follow who quickly ran along.

 

--

Hoya was fortunate to grab a seat next to Eun Mi, only because of order they entered into the rows of the seats. He was holding the bag of popcorn that he and Eun Mi were suppose to share and he neatly placed it on the shared armrest.

 

“Thirsty?” Eun Mi asked Hoya. She started taking out her stash of water bottles that were hidden in her bag.

 

“I am!” Dongwoo exclaimed. Eun Mi passed two water bottles to Dongwoo’s direction. She kept two by her and Hoya’s cupholders and handed two water bottles to Jin Hee and Woohyun.

 

“Thank you! And dang you are so prepared!” Woohyun exclaimed, “makes me kind of wonder what you hold in that bag.”

 

Eun Mi just grinned.

 

Then, the theaters suddenly became dark as the movie began.

 

Eun Mi stared in awe as zombies came on screen, although she covered her eyes with her hands on the parts when it seemed like the good people were going to die.

 

“Is it over Hoya?” Eun Mi asked while her eyes were covered.

 

“Yeah, it is over. They survived that bomb crash.”

 

Eun Mi took a peek and noticed Hoya looking at her in concern.

 

“Too scary for you?"

 

“I am not scared!” Eun Mi crossed her arms and pouted.

 

Hoya smiled and gave a small chuckle as he watched Eun Mi continue to cover her eyes once again. He lightly patted her back, which earned him a smile from Eun Mi.

 

Throughout the rest of the movie, Hoya could not concentrate. He kept observing Eun Mi who apparently was not enjoying herself. As monsters came on the screen, screaming accompanied it in the crowd, but next to Hoya, he heard a small whimper from a cowering Eun Mi. He thought of a bazillion things that would have made the movie experience less scary for Eun Mi, but they were all such sudden and awkward moves. Next to Eun Mi was Young Mi who was also scared but Dongwoo had his arm slung around her shoulder. Down the row, Woohyun was tightly holding on to Jin Hee's hand although Jin Hee did not seem scared at all.

 

Unfortunately, the movie ended in loud cheer and clapping. He sulked as they all left the theaters together.

 

"That was awesome! All that killing and stuff! Made the movie all the better, right Young Mi?" Dongwoo remarked who came out with his arm still slung around Young Mi.  

 

"Yeah sure. I bet it was enjoyable for you!" Woohyun teased. He pointed at the slung arm.

 

"Are you guys a couple now or something?" Woohyun asked giggly giving a huge grin and winking at Dongwoo. Eun Mi who was nearby gave Young Mi an elbow jab.

 

Dongwoo removed his hand quickly from Young Mi's shoulder all embarrassed and walked away from Young Mi, who was confused. The atmosphere suddenly turned silent as everybody tried to avoid looking at Young Mi.

 

"Okay....." was heard from Woohyun who grabbed Jin Hee's hand and walked towards the exit to avoid the awkward atmosphere he put everybody in. Everybody else followed suit.

 

--

After that movie, Jin Hee could not stop thinking about Hoya's state and the pity she felt. Why was he acting so different in front of Eun Mi? Why was he and Woohyun's friends not even speaking with her? Why was she even thinking about Hoya?

 

She was not sure.

 

And her boyfriend, Woohyun. Was he changing? For the past few months, he for some reason was happier as he smiled a lot more, but even more busier. The guy who was always there suddenly became very busy with studying although he made an effort to shower her with a lot of affection.

 

Jin Hee knew something was up and she was not convinced that it was her that made this change.

 

Jin Hee shook her head as these thoughts came into mind. She continued to walk on Woohyun's school campus to bring him a surprise lunch.                                       

 

As she spotted Woohyun walking in the cafeteria, she smiled and started walking towards him until she suddenly stopped.

 

Woohyun was walking towards Eun Mi's and Young Mi's table.

 

Jin Hee's heart stopped for a moment and watched her boyfriend's actions.

 

Both Eun Mi and Young Mi were concentrated into reading their textbooks until they got a scare from Woohyun. They both flinched.

 

"You do this everyday and I still can't get use to it!" Jin Hee overheard Eun Mi.

 

Woohyun laughed and grin, "Both of you guys are so fun to scare though! All the other people I scare including Jin Hee don't ever seem scared so it ruins the fun."

 

Jin Hee was surprised at hearing her name. "Wow, he really does love me."

 

She decided to approach Woohyun.

 

"Hi you guys," Jin Hee came up to the table with a smile.

 

Woohyun was shocked, "Baby! What are you doing here?" Jin Hee showed him the lunch bag.

 

"But it looks like you have lunch already," Jin Hee said with a frown.

 

"Oh no but I always have room for your lunch!" Woohyun pointed at his stomach. He grabbed Jin Hee's lunch bag and started unpacking, which put a sweet smile onto Jin Hee's face.

 

"Young Mi-sshi and Eun Mi-sshi, you guys want some?" Jin Hee asked the two who tried their best not to be interested in interfering with Woohyun and Jin Hee.

 

"No it is okay!" Young Mi said. "Eun Mi-ah, let's go." She started to pack her stuff up quickly.

 

Woohyun gave a frown as he watched the two say goodbye and leave while Jin Hee took a mental note of that frown and how the Young Mi and Eun Mi avoided her.

 

--

"OMG thank you Young Mi-ah for getting us out of there really quickly! You are a faster thinker than me," Eun Mi said to Young Mi after they were out of the cafeteria and on an isolated bench that Eun Mi led them to.

 

"Aha, no problem! I really do not want us to get onto her bad side," Young Mi smiled, "not especially after seeing her temper at that bubble tea milk shop."

 

"Yeah, but she is just protective of her boyfriend. But you know what? She seems like a good person or else why would Woohyun-sshi like her?" Eun Mi asked playing with her water bottle.

 

“I don’t know. She seems to give this bad aura,” Young Mi replied, “like she is always staring at you for some unknown reason.You and Hoya. Besides, nobody in Hoya's friend group talks to her.”

 

“Ehh, I don’t believe you. I feel that she may be warm inside! Besides, don’t judge a book by its cover.”

 

Young Mi thought about it for awhile. Maybe it was wrong of her to judge Jin Hee badly because of everybody else? She decided to let the topic rest and not speak of it anymore.

 

"Anyways, how are you and Dongwoo-sshi?" Eun Mi suddenly questioned. It was bugging her mind ever since that unfortunate day at the theaters.

 

Young Mi blushed to a bright red, "Uh okay I guess. We are talking like normal even after what happened at the theaters."

 

"Wow really? I would be hecka awkward if I were you. But you are different! You like him so much that you are willing to wait for eternity for him!" Eun Mi smiled.

 

"Yes!” Young Mi exclaimed holding onto Eun Mi’s hands, “haha, you really know my thoughts! I am going to keep trying." Young Mi and Eun Mi giggled like little girls.

 

After a moment of silence, Young Mi suddenly asked, "How about you and Hoya?"

 

"What? What about me and Hoya?" Eun Mi said in surprised. She gave a confused face.

 

What about me and Hoya?” Eun Mi thought inquisitively.

 

"You are quite naive girl," Young Mi told her.

 

"I am not native! Besides, Hoya and I are just good friends, that is all... And I think he is gay?"

 

"What?! Gay? What makes you say that?!" Young Mi was in shock to hear this.

 

"Well as somebody awesome and good like him in my opinion, he never had a girlfriend for all these years I have known him. And I have known him since we were little."

 

"Hmm yeah although you cannot be too sure about that."

 

 

"Just my speculations."


"And I think Eun Mi-ah is totally wrong about that," Young Mi thought as she dropped the subject.

 


Hi! To anybody who even bothers to read this fanfic, thank you ;D

I give you a million tons of love <3 <3 <3

 

~Infinite's new teaser... OMG. theylooksohawt. Don't get me started with Woohyun there <3