Chapter 1

Fate that Goes in a Rectangle

A/N: This story will be written entirely in Jo Eun Mi (OC) 's point-of-view so the italized words are her thoughts.

-----

“I won’t go easy on you today!” I said adjusting my sparring gear.

“Bring it on.”


I strapped on my helmet and got in fighting stance.

“Kai-yah! Kai-yah!” I screamed after each kick. My opponent defended well though.

 

Dang it. He is too good.

 

“STOP,” My master yelled waving his hands. We all stopped fighting and bowed each other.

 

“Hey, good job today.”

I smiled taking off my helmet. “Thanks, but seriously, you are much better than me.”

“Nah.”

 

I know you went easy on me on purpose again.

 

We sat down together and waited for the next time we could spar again.

“Hoya, you should spar somebody your own skill level. I am too easy for you,” I told my opponent who was sitting next to me.

“Nah, you are fun to spar! You know kicking hard isn’t always winning,” Hoya replied. He got up to get a drink of water.

 

Hoya is a good friend that I have in Tae Kwon Do. Actually, we have been friends ever since the wee white belts days and I guess we stuck with it until now as black belts. He is pretty strong obviously, way stronger than me, but quite nimble too.  

 

“We are up Eun Mi-ah!” he nudged me. I quickly strapped on my helmet.

“Switch up partners you guys!” my master yelled. Hoya pouted and moved to spar a big guy.


Aha, you finally get to spar somebody your own skill level! I monitored his sparring as he moved around and landed a direct blow on his opponent’s chest.

 

Now that is more like it!

 

-----

 

Medical school has been a pain in the lately. I quickly walked across the school campus.

 

“What’s up Eun Mi-ah!” I heard a voice from behind and spun around.

“Young Mi-ah! Did you just finish class?” I asked my best friend.

“Yup! Eun Mi-ah, let’s go get something to eat!” Young-Mi squealed dragging me along.

 

Coincidentally, my best friend Jung Young-Mi, from college ended up getting accepted to the same medical school as I was. It really was a wonderful occurrence.

 

“Can I get a pasta bowl with that red sauce please?” I asked the cook while I handed some cash.

“Me too, me too!” Young Mi said. She faced me, “Have you heard of the new Big Bang song? G-Dragon is sooo good at producing music!”

“Aha, you just noticed? He was good since the beginning! And yes I heard the new Big Bang song. Did I ever tell you how hot Seungri is?” I felt happy just by saying his name.

 

And dang it, Seungri. I get so excited every time I think of you.

 

“Ayy girl. Yes you told me. A bazillion times yesterday through your texts! I meant the song! How did you think of it musically?” Young Mi said taking her bowl and walking towards a round table.

“It is so…” Then I heard a loud commotion from the other side of the cafeteria.

 

“WOOHYUN OPPA! WOOHYUN OPPA!” a girl wearing high heels and a fashionable fur coat shouted.

 

“What the heck! She does not belong here,” Young Mi said shaking her head and looking at the girl.

 

I know right?

 

“But, the name Woohyun does ring a bell in my head. No wait! He is that smart student in my anatomy class!” Young Mi exclaimed to me shaking my shoulders, “He is super hot so no wonder he has such a girlfriend!”


Hm. Who is this Woohyun? He must be super hot for Young Mi to describe him that way.

 

Looking in the direction of the shouting girl, I saw a tall handsome boy walking towards her and dragging her away.
 

Dang it, I cannot see his face.

 

“Well, so much for the drama,” I said digging around my pasta.

“I know right?” Young Mi stated, “Oh don’t you have class soon?”

“Yeah, sorry I have to go.”

 

I left the cafeteria and headed towards my biochemistry class. I sat in the front row and waited until the professor started the lesson. I started to doodle in my notebook. Suddenly, I noticed a familiar tall boy sitting next to me.

 

Wait a second, isn’t this Woohyun from the cafeteria??

 

I took a long look at his face when he was not looking. He really was good-looking.

 

“Hi!” The sudden voice surprised me.

“Oh, er hi!” I answered back hesitantly. It turns out he was trying to talk to me.

“I am Nam Woohyun. Aha, I always sat in the back, but I think I need to pay attention more so I am sitting in the front. What is your name?” he asked giving me a really attractive smile.

“I am Jo Eun Mi.”

“Nice name. Oh did anyone tell you that you have a pretty voice?” I gulped nervously.


This guy is such a player.

 

Thank goodness, at the time, the professor cleared his throat to begin the lesson dispelling all awkwardness that I was feeling between me and him. He turned around to face the front.

 

Throughout the whole lecture, I could not stop staring at him. Turns out I was not the only one. Many other girls were burning their eyes through me in jealousy. I tried my best to ignore them.

 

Why are you so perfect? I sighed.

 

At the end of the class, he said something along the lines of bye, see you next class and left quickly. I quickly texted Young Mi.

 

Eun Mi: Girl, you won’t believe what has happened in my biochem class! It turns out Woohyun is in my class and I got a good look at him! You were totally right about the super hot part! <3

Young Mi: Girl~ meet me in the library and you can tell me all about it!

 

It is the first time a guy actually complimented me even though he creepily told me that. I felt giggly happy inside for the compliment.

 

I smiled really brightly while I walked over to the library.

 

-----

 

“Hoya! What are you doing here at my school?” I asked spotting Hoya on the bench where he told me to meet.

“Oh hey Eun Mi-ah! I was just visiting a friend that I knew here,” he said inviting me to sit on the bench next to him.

“Hey Hoya!” Young Mi came seconds later waving. Hoya and I moved on the bench to make room for her.



This is a small bench. Haha.

 

“What’s up Young Mi-ah!” Hoya gave a smile to Young Mi.

“Nothing much. School has been terrible for us two. How is your new engineering job?” Young Mi asked while drinking her coffee.

“My new job is quite nice although I have to work super hard since I am new.”

 

Suddenly, Woohyun’s girlfriend aka the rich, fashionable girl walked past us holding her head up high. Two girls followed her no bothering to pay any attention to us.



She is here again!?With her servants?



At that same moment, I crossed my legs and accidentally hit Hoya. He flinched.

“Sorry about that,” I quickly uncrossed my legs and placed my hands on my knees.

“It is totally fine Eun-,” Hoya started to say.

 

“Hey, it is that girl again Eun Mi-ah!” Young Mi exclaimed as soon as Woohyun’s girlfriend was out of earshot, “Hoya, she was some guy’s boyfriend and was screaming on top of her lungs when she was trying to find him in the cafeteria the other day.”

“Oh really?” Hoya said nervously shifting his hands.

“Yeah, she is really weird. I don’t think she is a medical student here. Or at least she does not belong here,” I added. Suddenly, Hoya got up and checked his watch.

“Well, it was really nice seeing you all here. I think my lunch break is over so I better get going,” Hoya said facing us.

“Awwwwwww, okay. Visit again Hoya!” Young Mi said. I simply waved goodbye and we watched him disappear from our sight.

 

However, I really wondered. Why did he flinch? He normally does not act this way when I am around him.


Hi guys~ 
Sorry my english isn't too great. It is not my strongest subject.
And this chapter doesn't have much action. Next chapter should!
Let me know how it is by commenting and subscribing! Thanks~

<3