TALK AND THEN

INBOUND

CHAPTER 8    TALK AND THEN

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany sighed for the nth time while staring lifelessly at the half full glass of her favourite beverage. Only a sudden sharp pain on her forehead brought her to life.

 

 

 

"What the was that for?! " She shot back angrily to the perpetrator sitting right infront of her with amused look and not even slightly bothered to be afraid to her.

 

 

 

Tiffany continued to rub her aching forehead.

 

 

 

"Should I blame myself for turning you in that state? Should I gave you that drink for free instead?" Sooyoung asked with a smirk.

 

 

 

Tiffany's brows formed a single line.

 

 

 

"You don't act like that when you get that drink for free...  this is the first time you paid for it." Sooyoung teased.

 

 

 

"Shut up." Tiffany glared but was only answered with a laugh.

 

 

 

"On the serious note, my friend,  you've been like that after you returned from your trip with that Titanum Prime employee." Sooyoung sighed.

 

 

 

"Is there something I should know?" Sooyoung continued.

 

 

 

"Uh........ " Tiffany's eyes widened in just a millisecond but enough for her friend to catch. Her eyes went blank and lifeless,  then full of vigor and excitement,  then back to being lifeless. Sooyoung got dizzy with the rollercoaster emotions from Tiffany's eyes.

 

 

 

So something did happened, Sooyoung concluded. A splitsecond flash of lust on Tiffany's eyes weren't unnoticed by Sooyoung's scandal- greedy eyes.

 

 

 

"Soooooo..... something really did happen,  huh?" Sooyoung voiced out her intruiging thoughts with a sly smirk.

 

 

 

"Did she made you scream?" She teased more.

 

 

 

"Yeah..... no....yeah---  ughhh...  shut up Sooyoung."

 

 

 

"Ahahahahaha."

 

 

 

Sooyoung clutched her stomach while laughing.

 

 

 

"Wait.....  how did you know that I was on a trip with a Titanum Prime employee? The last time I talked to you was before I went to the trip... and that was two weeks ago!" Tiffany asked quizzically.

 

 

 

Sooyoung slightly scrunched her brows as if there was something wrong with what her friend said.

 

 

 

"I have my ways of knowing. "

 

 

 

"Tsk. " Tiffany  scoffed.

 

 

 

A moment  of silence passed. Tiffany stared at her drink once again.

 

 

 

"Well?....." Sooyoung.

 

"Well what?!" Tiffany shot back then rolled her eyes upon realizing what her pesky persitent friend meant. Sooyoung answered with even wider grin.

 

 

 

"................................"

 

 

 

"Whoah....  you have an existent life now.  Good for you, my friend. Anyway, it should make you less stiff and cranky... but what's with the attitude? Unless....  you're not getting any these days. "

 

 

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. She wanted to punch off the annoying smirk on her friend's face.

 

 

 

"Okaay fineee... " Tiffany lazily answered then took a sip of her drink.

 

 

 

 Sooyoung readied  herself for the juicy information by sitting straight with her back pressed on the chair backrest. Sooyoung crossed her arms across her chest sporting the annoying slyly grin. If she wasn't Tiffany's friend, beloved and ever dearest at that, she may not be able to see the sunrise the next day for teasing the habanero hottie.

 

 

 

"Had, Sooyoung. Had. " Tiffany stressed and sighed almost all the air from her lungs. Sooyoung understood the situation and wanted to laugh at it. She shook her head instead.

 

 

 

"You're not getting any,  I see. " Sooyoung concluded while nodding her head and her imaginary beard. The teasing smirk still there.

 

 

 

Tiffany merely nodded.

 

 

 

"Ugh...  I can't believe I'm talking to you about this. " Tiffany's rant came out whiny and caused her pesky friend to laugh out loud.

 

 

 

"You're  gonna fart,  Sooyoung. " Tiffany deadpanned.

 

 

 

"I'm just about to. Wanna smell? " Sooyoung teased. Tiffany scoffed which mafe Sooyoung laugh once again.

 

 

 

"What about your life, you ?" Tiffany shot back at the still laughing Sooyoung. The question made Sooyoung stop. Tiffany smirked with her victory...or so what she thought. Sooyoung smirked and very ready to answer.

 

 

 

"Very productive and very much existent." Sooyoung seductively winked and almost made Tiffany gag.

 

 

 

"I don't wanna know that." Tiffany irked but couldn't make Sooyoung stop.

 

 

 

"Thanks to the genius new product of Titanum Prime. I could bang her all I want,  whenever I want, without her remembering it. Although... I really wanna bang her without the use of the product and for her to remember how amazing our were... but..  I settle for this for now until I convince her to have with me."

 

 

 

"Is there a type of drug like that?" Tiffany asked not sure if feel pity for her friend or for the other person banged without consent. 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

It finally sink in to her brain what Sooyoung told her. What an epic late reaction.

 

 

 

"You do realize that what you're doing is , right?" And that bull company made a product like that?!  They are seriously one ed up company!"

 

 

 

Tiffany almost flipped the table. Thank goodness she remembered how much the table costs.

 

 

 

"Hey, hey. Have you forgotten that I work there?"

 

 

 

"I know you know what I meant,  Sooyoung." Tiffany's words went out from her gritted teeth.

 

 

 

"Yeah." Sooyoung's almost whispered reply.

 

 

 

"But them making that kind of drug really--- " Tiffany still in rage.

 

 

 

"It's not a drug...... " Sooyoung stared at the empty beverage glass. ".... and it wasn't from Titanum Prime also.... "

 

 

 

Sooyoung trailed off. The hesitation on her voice wasn't went unnoticed by her most of the time oblivious friend.

 

 

 

Tiffany placed her arms above the table and slightly leaned forward.

 

 

 

"I'm all ears, Sooyoung. Spill it." Tiffany was being impatient. There were only few occasions that she was interested with Sooyoung's stories and this is one of them.

 

 

 

Sooyoung sighed.

 

 

 

"I made it...."

 

 

 

"What?!" Tiffany leaned forward to Sooyoung with a rash whisper.

 

 

 

"You deaf?"

 

 

 

"Sooyoung.... " Tiffany  warned.

 

 

 

"I invented it..... accidentally."

 

 

 

Tiffany's narrowed eyes never left Sooyoung's uncertain ones.

 

 

 

"Slick...  I know what I'm doing is wrong. But.... "

 

 

 

"It's wrong,  Sooyoung.. in so many ways..  in all ways.  Stop it before you drown deeper."

 

 

 

"I will."

 

 

 

"You should."

 

 

 

"Wait..... you're not using that on me, right?" Tiffany glared accusingly at Sooyoung.

 

 

 

Sooyoung cringed.

 

 

 

"Even if you run around , I won't care. You're too spicy for my liking." Sooyoung deadpaned.

 

 

 

"Anyway, I should get going now. I already spent a whole afternoon here." Tiffany took quick sip on her remaining drink, ready to get up.

 

 

 

"Wait! What about your capade?!  I want to hear it!" Sooyoung watched as the spitfire stood up and walked towards the glass door.

 

 

 

Tiffany walked out of the shop like a boss leaving the still whining Sooyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Slick. It's been a while."

 

 

 

"Hey there yourself." Tiffany replied with no enthusiasm, gliding her fingers on the glass shelf of wristnets.

 

 

 

"Again huh.." Hyoyeon smugly stated as she saw what her friend was looking at and most probably buy.

 

 

 

"Just give me the usual, Hyo."

 

 

 

"What happened to the wristnet you purchased last time? Got accident again?"

 

 

 

"Just give me the darn thing, Hyo." Tiffany growled.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon, being friends with the spitfire for a couple of years now isnt intimidated or afraid even the slightest. Instead, she chuckled quite amused.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon reached for the drawer beside the cash register then placed the required item on her palm for her friend to see.

 

 

 

"Here.. a new model of an affordble brand."

 

 

 

"Cool color combinations. Dark blue with red and black lining. Will look good on you."

 

 

 

"Specs been upgraded, well, just a higher notch. It has an internal memory of 20 terabyte. An additional 5 terabyte from its predecessor. An added feature is you could now program your flying car for predestined locations so it could go to a place on its own with no driver."

 

 

 

"I've seen other brands do that and internal memory is quite high...about 200 terabyte."

 

 

 

"Ofcourse, you idiot. You only buy a brand which is only entry level to Ganzon OS."

 

 

 

"Gunzone?"

 

 

 

"Ugh.. why am I even talking to you about tech related stuffs.." Hyoyeon sighed.

 

 

 

"Let me see....." Tifffany picked the wristnet from Hyoyeon's palm.

 

 

 

"Put in on." Hyoyeon ordered which was answered with 'I-know-what-the--to-do' glare from Tiffany. Hyoyeon only laughed in response.

 

 

 

"Oh.. and it states here in the manual that uhm... oh... what kind of app is this?" Tiffany, being the tech moron, didnt understood what were indicated in the manual.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon let out a frustrated sigh not wanting to waste her time explaining to someone who will never understand.

 

 

 

 

"Just put it on."Hyoyeon's voice came out husky than it should. Also, standing within Tiffany's personal space.

 

 

 

"You're freaking me out, Hyo. What's with the cat call?"

 

 

 

"In your twisted dreams, Slick."

 

 

 

 

 

Last ual activity with a partner

13 days ago

Level of ual gratification

Excellent

 

 

 

 

 

Those words flashed the screen of the wristnet strapped in Tiffany's.... well... wrist. Tiffany's jaw fell. She hurriedly took off the gadget after snapping out from her trance.

 

 

 

"Oh.... that was... oh hey! watch it! Its considered sold once broken."

 

 

 

"Here." Tiffany shoved some bills to Hyoyeon and quickly looked away with a flushed face.

 

 

Hyoyeon stiffled a laugh, amused with her friend.

 

 

"So.... someone got laid again, huh? After what? 5 years?" Hyoyeon said while packing Tiffany's purchased items.

 

 

"Wipe off that smirk. I know you're smirking even if I can't see you." Tiffany retorted still not facing Hyoyeon.

 

 

 

"Here you go." Hyoyeon heard the clinging of door chimes soon after she handed Tiffany's items. And Tiffany out of her store in lightning speed.

 

 

"Slick's too cute when embarrased." Hyoyeon chuckled.

 

 

Hyoyeon was about to put the wristnets back to its casing when she decided to try the application just for fun. She's confident that the gadget will scream her celebacy. Anyway, she's alone anyway. No one would hear.

 

 

 

 

Last ual activity with a partner

Last night

Level of ual gratification

Excellent

 

 

 

"What...... the........?.........."