DAZED

INBOUND

 

CHAPTER 5  DAZED

 

 

 

 

Soft cool winds blew on her skin

She smiled

Vast fields of green grass swayed along

She ruffled her hair and scream on top of her lungs with pure delight and excitement

She plopped down with a soft thud in the grass carpeted ground

Arms and legs sprawled

Wide grin

She closed her  eyes and muttered

‘Its great to be back at home’

She sat up and opened her eyes.

She tapped the granite tablet beside her

A beautiful epitaph with bouquet of flowers above it.

How are you doing?.........

Stephanie Hwang.....

 

 

 

 

“Ughhh..... Damn it....” Tiffany muttered as she massaged her nape with her left hand. She kept on grunting with eyes closed while shifting her neck back and forth then left to right.

 

“Hey..... are you alright?”

 

Tiffany froze let out a sarcastic laugh then proceeded on massaging her aching neck again. She mumbled something quite incomprehensible to Jessica.

 

“You look okay.......” Jessica said slowly.

 

Tiffany completely stopped massaging her neck and sat up straight. She turned to Jessica who is sitting on her right. Jessica scooted back a little when she faced an annoyed looking Tiffany.

 

“I look okay?! Tell that to my neck!” Tiffany hissed and pointed to her nape which has two small circle marks on it.

 

“Sorry.......” Jessica whispered.

 

“You should be.” Tiffany hissed again then turns her attention to the slice of chocolate cake and cup of coffee in front of her. If it’s any consolation, Tiffany was given free delicious snack by the Titanum Prime employee that literally electrified her.

 

The coffee and cake sure are divine... but its not enough to calm the enraged of Tiffany.

 

“That damned guy. I will electrocute his balls for what he did to me.” Tiffany said as she eats the divine tasting chocolate cake.

 

“I’m sorry for what Heechul did to you.......” Jessica started.

 

“Sowwhh... hheewwchoowll iwwss hesswwss nauumm?”

 

“Yes. Heechul is his name. And please don’t talk when your mouth is full.”

 

“.................................................” *chewing sounds*

 

“..................................................” *awaiting*

 

“You did not tell me we have an .” Tiffany accused.

 

“I didn’t know! I swear Tiffany!”

 

“Yeah right.” Tiffany scoffed then sipped coffee.

 

“I swear....... After he electrocuted you. He asked me if I was alright. He asked me if you hurt me or anything. He was very sorry for firing his side guns at us. He said he panicked when he realized what hell of a driver you are and pushed the wrong button.” Jessica explained frantically.

 

“Pushed the wrong button? What button was he supposed to push then? A gun that fires cotton candies?!” Tiffany yelled.

 

Tiffany caught the attention of the people who are at the cafeteria with them. She sighed and collected herself before speaking again.

 

“Jessica..... that Heechul guy almost killed us...... and he fired on my car....”

 

*long pause*

 

“Geez Jessica! My car! He destroyed my car!” Tiffany stood up and ranted upon realizing what happened earlier. She comb her hair in frustration.

 

“What am I supposed to do? How am I going to explain that to the company?” Tiffany let out a tired frustrated sigh. Tiffany sat down again defeated.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that..” Jessica said. Tiffany was about to say her unfriendly piece of mind when Jessica smiled sweetly at her and it immediately cut he off.

 

“What’s with the diabetic smile? You think I’ll let you pass with that diabetic smile of yours?” Tiffany huffed trying to hide her blush.

 

“And why shouldn’t I worry?”

 

“Because....... Tiffany...................” Jessica started still with her diabetic smile which made Tiffany wanted to go somewhere secluded and release again.

 

“...... Titanum transferred money to your account...”

 

Tiffany’s ears perked like a curious cat.

 

“How much?” She asked Jessica.

 

“Well... enough to pay for your car on your company, buy new flying car, and payment for your transport service...... 20 times bigger.”

 

Tiffany’s jaw dropped. Her eyes bulging out.

 

‘So much money...’

 

Tiffany felt dizzy. Never in her life she had money like that. She could make ends meet but that’s it. She couldn’t earn more. She hid her excitement through her arrogance.

 

“That’s good. That should be expected.” She said.

 

“And you can’t blame him for doing that. You drove like a maniac. For a while I thought I was wrong of hiring you. I thought I hired a crazed criminal.”Jessica said which earned a death glare from Tiffany. Jessica felt like shrinking in fear.

 

Silence fell upon them. Tiffany resumed her attention on her snack.

 

“High heels.” Jessica said out of the blue.

 

“What?”

 

“The items........... Heechul told me.”

 

Silence

 

“I almost got killed for high heels?!” Pieces of cake flew out of Tiffany’s mouth. It agitated her upon learning that those ‘important’ items she transported are high heels.

 

Tiffany a lungful of air and calmed herself. She got paid a lot so it’s okay. She told herself.

 

“Where you from?” Tiffany asked without looking at the other girl. “You’re obviously not from Chrome.”

 

Jessica smiled with Tiffany’s attempt of making a conversation. Also, she really wanted to talk to this person about things other than work.

 

“I’m from Scale Dominion. I had a good offer from Titanum so I worked there. I’ve been living in Chrome just barely a year now. I go home every weekends because travelling through Axis Plane is just too damned costly.”

 

“So... the place we went on Scale was.......................”

 

“Our house.... I live there with my family but they’re on Helion Cloud right now.”

 

“Helion Cloud...........................”

 

“You’re originally from West Gate, right? You remembered West Gate because it is just beside Helion Cloud.” Tiffany nodded sadly with Jessica’s statement.

 

“I can’t blame you.... West Gate is such a beautiful place. I hope it would be kept that way. I hope that modernization wouldn’t lay its fingers on West Gate.”

 

“You’ve been there?”

 

“Yeah..... I’ve been there............” Jessica’s light mood suddenly turned down.

 

“Jessica?......................”

 

“My dad used to bring me along with him in his transactions in West Gate. I was a kid back then...  I met a girl most likely same age as me. We played everytime I’m there..... I never knew her name...funny huh?.. But I...........when I came back again last time... she uh....she.... she was dead.” Jessica said sadly.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Tiffany said and patted Jessica’s back. Tiffany thought of something to change the sad subject.

 

“Where’s that Heechul guy anyway?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I would like him to say hi to my fist.” Tiffany said with a genuine smile. Jessica smiled along with her.

 

“Ugh... I had a nightmare because of him! I thought it was a wonderful dream. So peaceful.. so calm... wind blowing... grass swaying.. and then guess what? A headstone with my name written on it!”

 

Jessica just laughed at Tiffany.

 

“So..... how are going back to Chrome?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Heechul let me borrow his flying car. He took the Axis Plane back to Chrome.”

 

“Are we going back now?”

 

“Yeah..... but let’s drop by to my place again. My parents told me they are already home.”

 

The two of them stood up and get ready to leave.

 

“So you’re taking me to your house?”

 

“Uh huh.”

 

“To meet your parents?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Aren’t you fast, eh?”

 

“What?!”

 

“I only signed up as a transport.”

 

“Wha-------“

 

“I’ll return home.... married.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“I know I’m too hot to resist but Jessica.....”

 

“Yah!”

 

Tiffany run out of the cafe laughing and Jessica with a very flushed face running after her.

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________