BLANK SLATE

INBOUND

 

CHAPTER 4  BLANK SLATE

 

 

“What is it, really?” Tiffany asked. Eyes on the road.

 

“What?”

 

“Packages.”

 

“Your job is to transport the items and not to interrogate.”

 

“I should know what trash takes the space of my transport. I have the right to know.. or you could get out of my transport along with you junk. ”

 

“Its too late for that.”

 

‘Yeah right.’ Tiffany thought. They are already nearing the heart of Helion Sky, a city which is 7 hours away from Chrome.

 

“It would be another 3 hours before we reach Indigo Seven. We should stop here for a while.” Jessica said while scanning the bright night lights of Helion Sky.

 

“We’ve been stopping too much. We already took stop overs at Brink Wave and Scale Dominion. I thought you said these junks are need to be delivered immediately?” Tiffany scowled.

 

There was no answer from the blonde that was staring blankly outside. The driver shook her head.

 

 

 

“You’re taking much of my time, lady.” Tiffany muttered.

 

“Had you been to Scale Dominion and Brink Wave before?” Jessica asked Tiffany which the latter did not answered.

 

“You haven’t.” Jessica answered for Tiffany. The drivers scoffed from the passenger’s words.

 

“I grew up in West Gate. When my family transfered to Chrome, I never got out of the city.” Tiffany answered while staring at the flying cars ahead. Its not in her to tell people about her personal life, let along with a stranger.

 

The words came out of before she realized it.

 

“Come on. Let’s land. I need to realease----“

 

Tiffany whipped her head to her passenger so fast that Jessica heard bone cracking sounds. The glaring driver met a scowl.

 

Jessica finally realizes the meaning of Tiffany’s incredulous stare to her. Her eyes about to pop out from its sockets.

 

“I’m talking about releasing waste water from my bladder! What were you thinking?!” Jessica shrieked with flushed face. She clearly remembers how her driver released hours ago.

 

Tiffany stared at her then sighed.

 

“Okay....  Helion Sky it is.” Tiffany said in her most uninterested tone. She’s bored beyond belief.            

 

 

 

 

“Dont you need to charge?”

 

“No. My car has enough energy to go roundtrip.”

 

“I mean.... are you hungry? Do you want to eat?”

 

“Speaking of which... yeah.. I’m hungry.”

 

“How hungry?” Jessica asked.

 

“I could eat you up.” Tiffany answered with a wide grin. Jessica looked away flustered.

 

She doesn’t understand what going on with herself. She knows Tiffany didnt mean anything ual but her mind is processing it the other way.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jessica......”

 

“Hmmnn?...”

 

“Are you expecting company? Do we have an ?”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“There’s a flying car on our tail for about 4 hours now. It has been following us since our departure from Brink Wave.”

 

Tiffany is starting to be alarmed. She saw the car since Brink Wave and now she still sees it in their tail after they left Helion Sky.

 

“Maybe......” Jessica sounded unsure. Tiffany frowned.

 

“You sound unsure. Its comforting.” Tiffany noted sarcastically.

 

“Maybe. Maybe not. I don’t know.” Jessica rambled.

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth. The small hairs on her nape are standing up. Its an omen.A bad sign. She is completely sure about it.

 

“Why am I having a bad feeling about this?” Tiffany mumbled which Jessica heard.

 

Suddenly, Jessica felt their car swerved to the left. She realized that they were going out from the main highway. She was about to speak when Tiffany spoke.

 

“Sorry Jessica. We will have a little re routing.” Tiffany said without looking at her passenger. Then,  she flipped a button cover on the dashboard and pressed the blue button.

 

Window Shields Activated

 

The electronic voice stated.

 

Tiffany  flipped another button cover on the dashboard which revealed an orange button. Tiffany push the button and the electronic voice was heard again.

 

Side Guns Armed

 

Ready to fire

 

Jessica is now alarmed. Did she made the wrong choice of hiring Tiffany? She stared at Tiffany with fear and anxiety. Tiffany looked so serious.

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

“Saving the both of us.”

 

There was a loud bang. Again and again and again. The other car is ramming them at the side.

 

“What the hell?!”

 

“Titanum Pime would have to pay for any damages on this car.. or in this sense, Titatum Prime should buy me a new one!!!”

 

The other car decreased speed. Its on their tail again.

 

Then, another hit. This time is more powerful. The two of them heard explosion from the back of the car. They beagan swerving uncontrollably.

 

“Easy! Easy! Easy! Oh !”

 

Window Shields Deactivated

 

The electronic voice stated the effects of the beating.

 

The heavy tinted shatter-proof glass retracted. Tiffany could not see the driver but she could clearly see the car’s side gun pointing at them. She slammed the steering wheel hard.

 

“I should have not agreed to this!” Tiffany yelled but became wary upon thinking what would happen to Jessica if the blonde had another transport and not her.

 

Damn it. That was Tiffany could only matter. She’s worried for her passenger. The realization annoyed her.

 

Air Pressure Depleting

 

What’s happening?! Tiffany!” Jessica is on the verge of crying. She wants to believe that she’s really transporting very important items.

 

“Damn it Titanum Prime! Why me?!” The two said in unison.

 

Danger

 

Major Damage

 

Sparks fly. Tiffany began losing control of the car. They are falling.

 

75% Engine Failure

 

85% Engine Failure

 

Sparks are coming out of the dashboard and hood. Tiffany is frantically trying to keep the car up and running although she knows its not gonna happen.

 

Tiffany has to do something.... quick. She thought about her friend Sooyoung. The blasted punk pushed her to make some modification to her car. She refused because of the cost and also, she thought she didnt need it.

 

Now, she thinks otherwise. And she’s thankful to Sooyoung for annoying her to the point of agreeing.

 

“Emergency Crash Protector Activate!” Tiffany yelled and the car was enveloped with a transparent gel-like energy. It suddenly became comfotable and they were falling a lot slower now.

 

95% Engine Failure

 

“ ! My car!”  

 

Engine Shutdown

 

 

 

“Who are those guys?!” Tiffany asked the moment they landed. She is furious. Jessica has no time to answer. A man is now standing outside of the driver seat.

 

“Jessica....” Tiffany held the crying passenger’s hand and squeezed it. She seemed oblivious of the man just outside her door.

 

Tiffany finally noticed the presence and turned her head to that person. A gun pointed at her was the last thing she saw before everything went blank.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++