UNSURE

INBOUND

CHAPTER 6  UNSURE

 

 

 

 

“What was your childhood like?”

 

“Huh?” Tiffany glanced at the blonde who was looking straight in front. “What’s with the sudden question?” Tiffany asked back and eyes on the ‘road’ again.

 

Jessica shrugged and tilted her seat. She leaned her back quite snug fit at her seat and closed her eyes.

 

“Nothing much…. Just asking.” She said. She opened her eyes and shifted her body on Tiffany’s direction. Tiffany glanced again at the blonde who she caught staring at her.

 

“Now… what’s with that look?” Tiffany asked. Jessica shrugged again which made Tiffany scoff.

 

“Automatic drive activate.” Tiffany said and was followed a beep and an electronic voice.

 

Automatic Setting Cannot be Activated at this Moment

 

Confirmation Code Needed

 

“Wha------ fuuuuuuuu!” Tiffany puffed her cheeks. Jessica chuckled.

 

“Heechul made adjustments for security reasons. Don’t ask me about the confirmation code because I don’t know either.”

 

“What in the name of fart is that?! I hope its only Automatic Driver he adjusted.” Tiffany pushed a familiar button on the dashboard.

 

This Command is Unauthorized

Prints not Matched

 

Her delicate brows knitted in one line. She pushed all the familiar buttons on the dashboard hoping to find something usable but ended with the same notice.

 

This Command is Unauthorized

Prints not Matched

 

This Command is Unauthorized

Prints not Matched

 

This Command is Unauthorized

Prints not Matched

 

 

“Jessica…….”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Remind me to cut the balls of this Heechul guy and put them into a jar of Tabasco sauce.” Tiffany said with all seriousness while staring at the controls. Jessica found Tiffany amusing.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“I can’t activate anything! What if we’re under attack again? We’ll be sitting ducks!” Tiffany flailed her arms all over the place. Their flying car swerved in and out of the lane.

 

“Ugh! Darn it! Whatever. Hey Jess, back to my question.”

 

“What question?”

 

“About your question.”

 

“What was my question?”

 

“Are we really going to go circles about questions here? How ‘bout us having so we won’t have this awkward conversation.” Tiffany barked.

 

Jessica stiffened. She could feel the burning of her cheeks. Her brain shouted about Tiffany’s twisted perception of awkward.

 

Jessica decided to fight back. She took a mental note about the abilities of Tiffany’s tongue. No pun intended.

 

“Okay. So awkward for you are those nonsense blabbering but asking me straightforward to have with you is not? It’s the most awkward thing that I ever heard!” Jessica whined.

 

“No.”

 

“No what?”

 

“Asking you to have with me is not awkward.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

Aero Car Ready for Landing

 

Silence

 

Aero Car Landed

 

Hatch Open

 

“Because……..”

 

“Because that’s what you want to do right from the start, right?”

 

“You think so?  You’re so full of your damned little self, my dear.”

 

“And you’re not?”

 

“Are we really arguing about something that won’t materialize? Seriously! Jung! What’s wrong with you?” Tiffany chuckled.

 

“Changing the subject? Why? Cannot continue what you started?” Jessica said in a seductive manner with a mischievous grin. Tiffany swallowed hard.

 

“You won’t stop huh?” Tiffany scoffed.

 

Jessica laughed playfully. Her hot breath tickled Tiffany’s bright red ears.

 

‘Damn…. I could feel myself throbbing . I hope her parents went out again.’

 

‘Damn…. Am I affected with my own teasing?’

 

“Jessica, dear, what’s going on here?” The intense eye ing of the two was cut off by a voice. Jessica’s father was standing right infront of the car that was parked on the Jung’s garage.

 

“Oh Dad!”

 

‘You want this?’

 

‘I do.’

 

‘Then let’s do this’

 

‘But my parents are here’

 

‘sigh’

 

‘sigh’

 

“Jessica…. Have some manners and invite your friend to our house. We’ll be having dinner.”

 

 

“Doctor Song, what is the condition of our project?”

 

“Canister 3 to 10 of subject 1 are in good shape. Canister 2 is ready for testing, Sir.”

 

“Good… very good. How about canister 1?”

 

“Canister 1 is in excellent condition as per my recent observation, Sir.”

 

“No problems on Canister 1? No malfunctions?”

 

“No sir.”

 

“Good. Keep observing Canister 1. She is our prototype. She had been successfully operational for years now. Let me know about the other Canisters immediately.”

 

“Yes Sir.”

 

The man called Sir got out of the room with a smile on his face.

 

“Song, why didn’t you tell him?” Another doctor said.

 

“I can’t tell him that the prototype was destroyed by his own son.”

 

“So what now?”

 

“All the Canisters share the same memory and specs… the ones that I gathered from Canister 1. Canister 2 will be the new Canister 1.” Dr. Song said.

 

“I feel bad about Canister 1. It had been operational for quite a few years. The longest period we ever had.”

 

“Me too Doctor Lee. I feel bad for Canister 1.”

 

Dr. Song stared at the flyer in front of him. A flyer which is also the flag carrier of the advocacy of the company they work in. Titanum Empire.

 

More than Insurance

More than Security

More than Life

Cloning…. More than Anything

 

The two doctors got out of the lab unsure if the advocacy is worth it.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-