A Meeting With Hongki's Girlfriend?!

Jongki Love (Jonghun and Hongki)

I didn't notice that I fell asleep by Hongki's bed, so by the time I woke up again, it was 5:00 in the afternoon. Hongki was sleeping soundly in his bed. I stared at him for quite a while, not knowing time was passing by. I noticed the dried up towel, so I soaked it some more and put it back on his forehead. Then Minhwan came knocking on the door.

"Hey Jonghun? What are you doing in there?"

"Hongki had a fever so I'm just taking care of him."

Minhwan barged into the door and put his hand on Hongki's forehead. For some strange reason, that made me flinch. Minhwan stayed and helped to take care of Hongki. After a few minutes or so, we saw Hongki lift up his eyelids little by little. 

"Huh, what?"

"You caught a fever, and fainted, so we took care of you."

"Really? I'm so sorry for troubling you guys."

"No problem," Minhwan smiled at Hongki.

I somewhat felt depressed. I was the one that took care of him the whole time, but Minhwan was also getting the credit. Not that I cared that much...Then Hongki suddenly looked at the clock and jumped right out of bed.

"Oh no, I'm late!" He ran in a hurry.

"Hey! Where do you think your going in the condition your in?!"

But he couldn't hear me and just left Minhwan and I in his room. So I went out to get him. With his fever, he'd faint again. He shouldn't be out when he's not fully recovered. I looked around the streets and saw him running in the midst of the crowd. I chased after him. A few moments later, Hongki went inside a cafe and I followed. Next thing I knew, he was sitting by a girl? I stumbled back a bit. Whoah, this is big news. But thankfully, there were no fans or people around to see this...except me. He apologizes to the girl and they start to have a light conversation. I can't hear them, but I wish I could. They laugh and snicker at each other. They looked like they were having fun. I went closer so I could hear them better. Bad move. I then see myself falling towards the ground with a big thump. I looked up at them and the both of them looked shocked. I have the urge to run away, flinging from the scene as if I did something wrong. So I did. 

I saw Hongki run after me. "Hey, Jonghun, stop right there!"

I skid to a stop. I glance at Hongki and he tries to catch his breath as he now slowly paces himself towards me. 

"Hey, don't misunderstand..."

I interrupt."I'll pretend I didn't see anything. It's alright. These things can happen."

"No, Jonghun, listen to me. She's just a friend."

"There is no use in fibbing you know."

Sigh."She's my younger sister." 

"Wait, what?! But there is rumors going on about you dating a girl..."

"That's just our fans creating a whole make-believe story about me and my sis. They don't know I have a little sister so they're thinking it's my girlfriend. And I don't tell them she's from my family because I want to respect my sister's privacy. She doesn't like to be in the spotlight."

"Oh...sorry. I didn't know. So I somehow also believed those rumors."

"That can happen. And I'm sorry to just run off on my own. This is like the only break I have right now and I wanted to spend it with my sister since I don't get to see her so much. Do you think it's still alright if I go back to the cafe even with my fever?"

". . .Ok. Just come right back to the dorm when you feel sick, alright?"

"Ya I will, thanks. See you later."

 I see. So all this thing about Hongki's girlfriend was his sister. As I saw him go back into the cafe, I find myself grinning. Then I stop mid-track in my thoughts. Why am I so glad that all the rumors aren't real?