008

B.A.P Café

“Jaewha carry my books will you!” Hyerin shoves her books into my arms as I stagger to regain myself. 

“Carry mine too!”

“Yeah mine too!”

Next you thing you know I have a tower of books in my arms and as expected they fell.  Hyerin flips her hair back and snaps at me. “Pick them up twerp and bring them to our next class!” She spun around and strut down the hallways along with her posse.

I introduce the Queenka of Yangnam High (actually the b!@#$) like in every high school there’s a 95% all Queenkas are like her and I bet 100% there is someone in those high schools that are in my position.

When did I start being her slave? Well in middle school I always hanged around guys. Hyerin of course is the snotty and jealous type. I was close to one of the guys which were one of her major crushes although the thing is I liked him too.

She cornered me with her posse and they gave me a pretty bad beating telling me to stay away also she told me if I did I wouldn’t get beaten up.

So I obeyed her and stayed away. BUT!!! He wouldn’t stay away from me. I couldn’t tell him to leave me alone that was mean and he was a very nice guy.

Again I got confronted and things happened and now here I am.

I pile the books into a stack and carried them, trudging after queen bits and her gang.

"Yong Jaewha, what are you doing?" Class president happen to see me in this state. He always happen to see me in the worse state...

"Just learning!" I chirp. I couldn't tell where he was because the towering books.

A couple of them were removed and there he was standing there in front of me.

"You don't need to carry all of these. We have a locker for a reason." He narrow his eyes at me.

I sheepishly laugh. "I didn't want to take a second trip, class president."

"Nerd! Hurry up!" Hyerin hollers from down the hallway.

"Can you place the books back? Thank you."

Class president looks at me with an unreadable expression before setting the books on top of the pile.

I rush pass him before he can question me.

 

I let out a big sigh before plopping onto the stairs outside the lunchroom. During this period I'm avoiding the guys and Hyerin and her crew. It seems to be unbearable to not get caught.

I figured I should stay at the rooftop for a bit since it seems to be empty most of the time. I hurry up the stairs of the rooftop and felt something crush beneath my foot. I step down and stare at the broken pieces of a lollipop.

Then my eyes travel up to each step to see a lollipop left on there.

Weird. I feel like I'm sensing Daehyun is around here...

I think I better not go to the rooftop then. I turn around and went down the stairs when suddenly someone jumps out from below the stairs, scaring the daylights out of me. 

I fell onto the step and breathe heavily with my hand clutching onto my chest. "Daehyun!??"

I was so right.

Daehyun lean forward with a smirk plastered on his face. "Gotcha."

"Huh?" I scan the area behind him to see if the other fellas were around but luckily it was just him.

He heads up to me and grabs my hand, pulling me up then drags me to the rooftop with him.

"Umm Daehyun so you know...." I mumble, staring at his back as he lead me to the open area.

He spun around quickly that I step back with ease. "Care to tell me why you are avoiding us here?" 

"About that...I didn't....well...I" I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to tell him.

Daehyun crosses his arms and stares at me. I avoided his stare and gaze at the ground.

It was silent between us for a moment.

I built up courage and open my mouth but clamp it shut because Daehyun was wobbling side to side, asleep.

It was bound to happen in some point and now off to find sweets. I dug into his bag and saw crumbles of lollipop wrappers. Beaneath all those wrappers I found one left.

I put it in his mouth and watch regenerate by moving his mouth. "You do not like us....?" Daehyun mumbles opening his eyes, staring at me. He rubs his eyes and took the lollipop out his mouth. "Are you scared of us?"

I shook my head.

He puts is back and crosses his arms, narrowing his eyes at me but then he soften his gaze. "Are we friends?"

"O-Of course!" 

Daehyun tilts his head, waiting for me to explain more.

My shoulders fell flat. "It's just I...I'm afraid-" my eyes started to become blurry. Darn it! Why in front of him!

Daehyun finished for me ."To be judged right?" He smiles and nods his head . "We understand."

We?

"So why did we skip lunch to come up here?" Youngjae says loudly.

My eyes widen. The guys were here all along?!? I wipe my eyes and cover my face. I feel so embarrassed!

"How come you didn't tell us?" Yongguk asks. "Isn't it best to tell us how you feel instead of holding it in?"

I made a sniffle sound. Argh curse you Yongguk for making me cry even more.

"I-I was scared okay!" I wail. I wipe my eyes. "I didn't want you all to be around worthless person like me."

"Sweet cheeks you are not worthless. Don't call yourself that." Himchan says.

Youngjae snorts, "Probably I'm the only one that disagree."

"Youngjae!!!" Everyone shouted at him, making him gawk.

"I was trying to get her to kick me or something instead of making that sour crying face!"

"I'm not a big baby!" I wail louder.

"I didn't call you a big baby!" A vein was going to pop out of the corner of Youngjae's forehead because no one understood his way of helping the situation. 

"You're making this worse." Jongup murmurs, pushing Youngjae to the roof exit. "Let's step outside."

"I was trying to help!" Youngjae hollers before Jongup pushes him out of the exit. 

Yongguk palms his face before heading towards me.

He places his hand on top of my head. "Let's go together."

i look up at him with my mouth quivering.

he softly smile down at me. "Smile."