You're hurting me

When Love Strikes

I don't know how long I stayed awake and cried. I think tiredness brought me to sleep. I woke up with very swollen eyes. So i went to the kitchen and get 2 slices of cucumber and put it on my eyes.

I remember I switched my phone off before going to bed last night so i turned it on. It rings right after. It's Hj. I let it rings till it stops because i'm not ready to talk yet.

I was lying on the sofa with cucumber on my eyes when my door bell rings. It's Hj again.

I composed myself before opening the door. HJ was shocked seeing me...

"Have you been crying?" He asked.

"O...." I said

"Why, what's wrong?"

I tried so hard not to cry before answering so i speak calmly and slowly...

"Op...pa, I saw you and Yuna last night in the restaurant.."

Hj was surprised.

"Are you two ....(pause).... getting back together?" Somin is choking.

"Ya, What are you talking about, why would we get back together?" Somin puts her hands up...

"Oppa.... you know i love you...dont you? 

"I do, and i love you too" Hj said.

"But you're.... hurting me...."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to." 

Hj stepped closer trying to hug her but Somin stepped back...

"Yes I was with her last night but"....(Somin cut him off.)

"O....ppa, let's.break-up." tears started falling

"Ya, what is this? Hj cant believe what she said.

"Can you just please give me a chance to explain. .. It's not what you think" 

"Oppa.....no matter what you say today, it wont change my mind."

"Oh God, what did I do wrong?"

"Oppa you didn't know what you did wrong? We didn't talk at all when we were in the car so I was waiting for your call the whole day yesterday but you didn't. I was dying to know what's running on your mind. Why you became quiet after seeing Yuna? You didn't even tell me what was she to you but thanks to your mom, I got to know. And then I saw you together" 

"Ahh, who am I to you anyway? I'm just your co-star, right?....."

Hj realised how much he hurts Somin.

"Yes I met her last night just to...but Somin didn't let him finish...

"Op..pa...you can leave....."

"Ya, I cant leave like this" 

"Bye oppa...." and closed the door."

As she close the door Somin slumped herself on the floor and cries her heart out. Hj who was still standing outside her door hears her cries. He knocked so many times but Somin is firmed not opening the door.

Hj went back home with heavy heart. He was trying to absorb what was just happened. He tried to ring Somin many times but ignored him. He was angry that Somin didnt give him a chance to explain.

"Is breaking up that easy to you, huh Somin?"

"You said you're hurting. Do you think I'm not?"

"Why you didn't give me a chance to explain?.If only you hear me out, things will be different and we will not come into this" 

Hyun Joong cried.....

Hyun Joong P.O.V 

I would be lying if I said seeing Yuna didn't affect me at all because somehow it did. I unexpectedly saw this girl after years of not seeing. I loved her for three years from afar until we became together and lasted our relationships for more than three years. She was my first love. There is a part of my heart that will always belongs to her, why, because she is my first love. I guess most people feel the same... 

During grandma's wake, Yuna asked me if we can see each other before she goes back to London. I was hesitant at first because I don't want to hurt Somin. But then I said "ok, let's meet". Why, because I want to know how I truely feel. My heart is confused... so,maybe seeing her once more will enlighten me. Will i feel the spark again? I want to know.

After meeting her I realised that those feelings were really gone. I'm just happy seeing her again but that was it. She will always be an important part of my life and will always be special to me but my heart solely belongs to Somin now.....