Uninvited guest

When Love Strikes

March 16, Somin's birthday.

Somin slept at her family home the night before. She woke up with her mom and dad and brother singing happy birthday and holding a birthday cake for her. "Happy birthday my princess!....How I wish my princess didn't grow up so she's not giving me headache" her dad jokingly greets Somin. Mr. Jung, Somin's dad is not in favor of Somin's chosen career and rarely talks to her eversince she changed her major in college so she's so happy today that her dad greets her on her birthday. "Thank you dad and sorry for disappointing you," her dad hugged her and said "you will always be my little princess but why my little princess is not listening to dad anymore?" "Dad, I may not listen and follow you at all times but i definitely taking notes and i'm really really sorry." Her mom and brother kissed her and asked her to make a wish and blow the candles.

Mrs. Jung, Somin's mom prepared Somin's favourite dish for lunch. The Jung's family sit on the table together which rarely happens since Somin moved out a year ago. They had great a time eating and celebrating Somin's bday. Somin stayed a few hours more then told her dad and mom that she's coming back to her apartment to celebrate her  birthday with her friends. They then asked Somin to move back and live with them again. "I'll think it over dad, mom. I love you and thank you so much for bringing me to this world."

Her friends came altogether including her brother. They were already having fun when the door bell rings. Somin's brother checked the monitor. "Noona, Hyun Joong hyung is here" Somin who silently wished to see Hyun Joong on her birthday got excited upon hearing what his brother said. She opened the door for him.

"Hi! I invited myself" Hj said. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and gave her a bunch of white roses..

"Thanks" Somin said.

"Can I come in"

"Sure"

HJ joined in. After eating, Somin brought out the soju and everyone started drinking except her because she can't drink. They asked Somin to turn the Karaoke on. Somin's friends started singing and since all of them are out of tune they asked Hj to sing. Hj obliged "Somin, Happy birhday! This for you." he sings "Thank you." His eyes are all for Somin while singing. Somin remembered the first time she heard Hj sings it live during Good bye Baek Sueng Jo's PK fanmeet and she didn't know why all of a sudden she became emotional.. Hearing it again makes her eyes teary, she looked up to prevent her tears from falling... "Actually I wrote a song for you but i can't sing it tonight coz it will be included in my solo album but I will sing it for you before everyone hears it." Somin blushed.

At midnight everyone leaves except Hj.

"How about you, are you not going home" Somin asked.

"Can I stay a bit more?"

" Ummm... " Somin

"Please"  

"Okey then"

"Thanks"

They sit on the sofa.... "Happy birthday, I really wish you happiness." Hj said.

Silence........

"Will you listen to me now?" Hj asked. Somin didn't answer.

"Did you miss me?"

"Yes" Somin is shy to admit.

Silence....

"I missed you so much! I thought I'm going insane, there are no days that I stop thinking about you." Hj said.

Silence....

"By the way, I have something for you" Hj gave Somin a small box with medieval cross necklace in it and put it on her.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes,  thank you!" Somin said.

"Actually it is a couple necklace. Mine is a smaller version of yours." HJ showing his to Somin. I'm not someone who fancy couple thingies but when i saw these i think about you and bought it for us.

"Ahh... " Somin said.

"Don't you like it? I won't wear mine if you're not ready to accept me again........... Do you still love me?"

Somin nods...

"He asked her again because he wants to hear her say it. Do you stil love me?"

" I do.... "

"Am I forgiven?"

Somin nods again..

HJ hugged her. "Thank you! I promise i won't hurt you again. I love you so much"

"I love you too"

Are you crying? Hj asked.

"I' m just happy... " 

Somin told HJ that she was really hurt seeing him with Yuna and was miserable after that. She said she tried so hard to move on but everytime she closed her eyes it was him who she sees. She told him that when he stopped calling her, she was so sad and wanted to call him back but couldn't because of her pride. She said there was one time she waited in her car in the parking lot of his apartment just to see him from afar because she missed him so much.

HJ then explained to Somin what really happened on the day she saw him and Yuna in the restaurant. He said the best thing happened that day was he realised that Somin is the only one for him but the worst thing happened the next day when she broken-up with him. Somin asked Hj forgiveness for judging him and for not listening when he tried to explain and for ignoring all his calls. Hj then asked Somin's forgiveness for all the hurt he caused her. They then promised to forgive and forget and continue to love one another wholeheartedly.

"Can I just stay here tonight?" Hj asked

"Nope."

Promise, I will behave. I just want to be with you coz i miss you.

"Promise?"

"Yes, Promise!"....

"Okey, you know that room, yeah, the one you used before, you can sleep there"

Hj pouts..

"What's with that pout?.....Then go home.."

"No. Can we just stay here in the living room and talk all night?"

"I'm tired oppa, i have school tomorrow."

"Then..."

"Ya, what do you want?" Somin asked.

"Then at least make my bed"

"Oppa, it's ready. you just need to pull the blanket ,lie down and sleep."

"Please...."Okey, come on let's go."

"Ya, what's with that smile"... Somin asked

"Hmmm...if i know you want to sleep with me." HJ teasing Somin

"Ya! You better go home now".

"I' m just kidding."

But then Hj grabbed her hand, "stay with me here tonight, promise i won't touch you. I just want to be next to you and watch you sleep"

"Oppa i can only sleep on my own bed."

"Then i sleep on your bed.... "

"Oppa!"

"I told you  i just want to be next to you coz i really miss you....please.."

You know my mom and dad will kill me if they know i let you sleep here and worst to my room.

Hyun joong smiles.... so it's a yes?!

Somin smiles.....

Can Hyun Joong hold on to his promise?