Chapter five

Running away towards a better life

"Yoboseyo?"
"Excuse me, is Luhan there?"
"Yeah, just a minute."

I hears shouting on the other line
"Luhan! You've got a call!"

Not long after that I heard Luhan's voice.
"Hello?"
"Hi, it's me, Jia." I told him.
"Ah! Jia! Why are you calling?"
"Ehm, well.. Could you meet us, I want to talk to you in person."
"Well, sure."

We decided on a place to meet and sat off right away. I explained to Kris about the situation on the way there.
*
20 minutes later we met Luhan at the said location.

We entered a cafe, and sat down at a table near the window.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Luhan turned towards me.
"Well, there is gonna be some kind of storm tonight, and we.. Uhm don't have any place to stay at-" he cut me off.
"You can stay at our place."
"Really....? I don't wanna bother you. Your friends probably don't want us there anyway." I argued.
"If they don't, they'll have to deal with it. Where else would you stay?"
"Uh-"
"I take that as a yes! Now, we can go home and get your things ready. Come here!"

We followed Luhan and soon we arrived at his home.
He opened the door.
"I'm home!" he walked inside the big apartment and into what looked like a living room, which was exactly what it was.

"Guys! I want you to meet someone!" he shouted. Ten boys gathered in the room in no time. They stared at me curiously as I slightly hid behind Kris and Luhan.

"This is Jia and this is her brother Kris." he introduced us. "They're gonna live here from now on, so if you have any objections, I don't really care."
"From now on.?" I asked quietly.
"Yes. This is your new home!"

"But-"
"Tell me Jia, since we met, where have you lived?"
"On a boat, a roof and a small hotel room in the size of a closet where the rain came in." Kris answered for me.
"Jia, you can't live that life. You're staying here now."

I glanced at Kris.
“I promised you a better life, didn’t I? Let’s take this chance Jia.” He smiled at me. I thought about it for awhile.
“Alright.” I beamed.


I turned towards the other boys and studied their features. They were all equally handsome, including Luhan and Kris. There were an awkward silence in the room until someone cleared his throat. A guy with red-ish hair smiled.
“Seems like no one wants to start, so I’ll do it. I’m Suho.” He smiled. I nodded and smiled back.


The other ones started introducing themselves one by one. [You probably know about them.. saving some space and time]
“By the way Jia,” Luhan started, “Lay and Tao are from China as well.”
“Oh really, awesome~!” I beamed, in Chinese

*
As time passed by,  we grew closer, but we were still pretty awkward. We ordered sushi for take out and decided to go to bed after that.

“Where can I sleep?” I asked Suho in the line for one of the bathrooms.
“Unfortunately, there’s only two bedrooms, but they’re rather big. We’ve one spare bed in each. You can choose to sleep in the room where I, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.o, Kai and Sehun share or with the others.”

“Well, I do know Luhan better, but I still want to get to know you more.. What do you think?”

He didn’t have time to answer the question because of a certain maknae interrupted him.
“JIA! CAN’T YOU SLEEP WITH US!?”

“How old did you say you were again?” I teased, but eventually agreed.