09

Summer Camp 2013

 

Just like a magic, that time I could move my day nicely. My body was moving to the cheerleading move that I practiced for these three days. I could particularly feel that the other cheerleaders were staring my back.

“GO, GO, BUSAN HIGH SCHOOL! GO, GO,” I kept cheering.

Daehyun smiled at me and waved his hand for seconds before he went back to the game.

Just like a magic too, he played really well – particularly better than before.

He scored another two goals, made his own team tied with their opponent.


“Oh my gosh, you’re so cool!”

“I never knew that you can do this great, you’re the best Kim Heeyoung!”

Everyone complimented me – seniors or the trainees those had been juniors. The leader gave me a smile, showing how satisfied she was.

She advanced toward me, with something on her hands. She made herself toward me and handed me that thing.

A plastic that consist of my own uniform and a pair of poms.

Red uniform, number was bordered on it – number ten.

“I didn’t know that you can do this great. Maybe you only lack of practice. This was the result of you, trained for days, right?” she asked and gave me a pat on my shoulder. “Great job, Kim Heeyoung”


Cheerleaders were having fun that evening. We immediately wore our uniforms and went straight to the lodge, packing our things.

Our bus would soon arrive, so we must pack our things fast.

My heart was going to explode somehow. This year, there’s no one who wasn’t qualified as a cheerleader. I was almost unqualified, fortunately – thanks to Daehyun, I was qualified.

My heart felt lighter than before, like the weight on my back had already removed. Because I had grabbed my wish, I hoped Daehyun already grabbed his – guessing from his not-so-good game in the first round, it could be bad for him.

But I sighed as I packed. Thinking about Daehyun, I remembered that today would be the last day of us. I wouldn’t meet him so soon after this Summer Camp – even we could say that we could never meet again.

I wanted to say some words for him – cheering him to grab his dream before we separated, going to our own way. But I was an introvert girl – I was so shy.

Bottling our own feelings were sometimes better than telling them.


The bus arrived soon. We went out from our lodges together. We laughed and talked about good and bad things happened in this Summer Camp, reviewing the seniors’ job this year.

“How about you? I seriously couldn’t imagine that you can remember those moves easily,” one of the senior asked me.

I smiled weakly, “There’s something that went on my mind, that’s why”

“It’s a boy, isn’t it? From Busan High School? Isn’t he handsome?” another senior asked me, kept nudging and teasing me.

I nodded my head shyly, “He is”

Seniors and some juniors were cooing me, teasing me with Daehyun. I somehow happy – happy to be teased with Daehyun.

I wondered, what was he thinking about me?


“I’m actually quite disappointed in you,” the leader of Busan High School’s soccer team told Daehyun.

Daehyun was hanging his head low. He was currently scolded in the lodge – in front of other trainees.

“What’s going on your mind in the first round? You went back to your sense when it’s second round already,” he added.

“I’m sorry,” Daehyun apologized.

“I think it’s about that girl,” one of the trainees, which was Daehyun’s friend, told the leader – more like a tease for Daehyun.

“A girl?” the leader asked Daehyun, raising an eyebrow. “I think you said that you didn’t want to search a girl here,” he said. His lips curled upward, making a smirk on his face.

“Who? That girl who shouted alone? I think that girl is the blackhole of Seoul High School’s cheerleader team,” the leader continued.

“She’s pretty,” Daehyun told the leader – out of his mind.

The room was immediately filled with shouts, chants, and cooes – teasing Daehyun was sure fun for Busan High School’s soccer team.


I went into the bus right after I put my bag in the baggage. I sat near the window, in the middle row of the bus. I was looking outside through the window. I saw another bus next to me. Busan High School was written there.

I only remembered Daehyun.

“Searching for your boy?” one of my friend in cheerleader team, Minjee teased me.

I shook my head, “He’s not my boy”

“Yet,” she remarked and I playfully glared her.

“I wonder, he’s sure handsome to make someone like you fall for him”

“I’m not,” I hissed, but little did I know, my face was flushing red.

“Excuse me, excuse me,” I heard a voice of a boy.

I turned my head toward the bus door, someone was making his way toward me. What the hell a boy was here?

“H-Heeyoung,” he stopped on the way toward me. His mouth fell apart, but seconds later he shook his head and he’s back to this earth. “Can I talk to you for a second?”

People in the bus were cooing for me and him. I bit my lips and hadn’t answered him yet, but Minjee already pulled me from my seat and pushed me toward Daehyun.

“Er-okay?” I answered.

Daehyun smiled weakly and pulled me out from the bus. We stood up outside the bus. The tension was quite awkward. I didn’t know why.

“You’re pretty,” he mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow and laughed the awkward sensation. “Thanks?” I said, more like to asking him.

“You’re a cheerleader now,” he said.

“I know,” I grinned and turned around, showing him the number ten which was bordered on my uniform.

“Ten, my lucky number,” he told me.

“It’s yours?” I asked him and he nodded. “It’ll be mine then,” I whispered timidly.

Both of our faces were blushing – furiously gone red.

Without any other word, he took my hand and put something on my palm, and then closed my palm.

“I hope to meet you. I hope to see you as my cheerleader, cheering for me in the field,” he said sincerely and patted my head.

With that, he left my sight – without waving his hand, saying a goodbye to me.

I took the breath that I already held for seconds now and opened my palm. It’s a paper that’s crumpled. I opened it – of course.

“It’s not a goodbye yet. Call me, okay? Love you

There, numbers were scribbled. I smiled to myself.

 


It's finished now!! Jung Daehyun, why you make me feel like this!!! >3< I LOVE YOU ~ kkkkk

I wonder when I can make short story like this...more practice than the long one :3

By the way, I want to notice you that I'm currently working at a fanfiction featuring Chanyeol and Kris from EXO. I haven't decided the title yet >.<