New faces, New friends?

[Series][HIATUS!] Cold Innocence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


5. New faces, New friends?  

Kikwang

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

They were all seated on the dining table once more, later that night.

 

 

It was their usual dinner for the past few days that they were here: They would be served what was called a ‘special meal’ made by the chef because it was a ‘special day’. But these ‘special meals’ happened everyday because they were one of the few guests that are here. But they weren’t complaining, the food here was better than most of the random, non-major restaurants they’ve tasted on Seoul.

 

 

They would then be usually accompanied by the cheerful Gayoon noona, who usually sat beside them or stand behind them. There would be a few chit chats here and there, sometimes started by Gayoon noona, but nothing serious.

 

 

But today it was quiet – it was unusually quiet. Kikwang looked at everyone. He looked at Doojoon, who had his cheek resting atop his palm which rested on the table, and was playing with his food nonchalantly. He looked at Junhyung, who was just sitting still and looking at his food, lips pursed and occasionally looking somewhere else, as if expecting something. He looked at Hyunseung, who seemed the strangest – he was eating, but he seemed different, closing his eyes for a long time, shaking his head, breathing in and out slowly. He looked at his lover beside him – Dongwoon – who seemed indifferent, eating casually like he always would. Kikwang scrunched his eyebrows.

 

 

Why was the three acting strange… probably something happened that he and Dongwoon didn’t know about – well, that’s probably because the two of them have spent most of the time here sleeping in each other’s arms, being the sleepyheads that they were. Kikwang – being the innocent and oblivious boy that he is – decided to bring out the topic.

 

 

“Hey” he started, which didn’t get their attention. He cleared his throat. “Hey, guys…hyungs” he emphasized the last word, making all of them look at him, including their mankae, Dongwoon. When they looked up at him, Kikwang suddenly felt uncomfortable, the way they were staring at him. He bluntly shrugged it off – or at least tried to – their stares looked downright serious and tense.

 

 

“What’s up with you all…you’re acting weird all night…” he trailed off, already feeling uncomfortable with all their stares.

 

 

The rain was still strong outside, and up until now it showed no signs of stopping and it was the first time Kikwang saw a storm this long…probably a freak storm or something.

 

 

“Umm…I mean – what did you guys do today? Anything interesting happened today?” He finished it with a weird, obviously fake laugh, and now it sounded awkward as it echoed around the room, bouncing off the walls.

 

 

There was no response after that, and Kikwang bit the inside of his cheeks, wanting to hide behind Dongwoon after being ignored.

 

 

“Today….” Dongwoon answered, titling his head to the right and thinking and thank God Dongwoon was there to save Kikwang from further awkwardness. Dongwoon laughed, “Well, today I was with you the whole time, Kiki…and all we do is sleep…so yeah” he laughed again, and Kikwang nodded at him halfheartedly.

 

 

It was quiet again when Junhyung – who was at the other end of the table – suddenly cleared his throat. Kikwang looked up at him. “…Gayoon noona?” Junhyung called.

 

 

Gayoon, who was at the side, turned to Junhyung, with her warm smile on her face. “Yes Junhyungah?” “Oh..umm, could you plese get me…or us rather…some more water? Ah, Thank You” Junhyung added the last part upon seeing Gayoon smile brightly before nodding, turning her back to them and walking out with the usual ‘clacking’ of her heels.

 

 

Junhyung watched Gayoon until she was out of the room. The moment she disappeared his small polite smile suddenly disappeared. He suddenly turned serious as he turned his head back to the others. That caught the attention of all, seeing that Junhyung was never the type to get so worked up about something.

 

 

“Junhyung? What’s up? Kikwang asked with a slight quake in his voice. Junhyung breathed out.

 

 

“Guys…” he started. Everyone was looking at him. “…we’ve been here for a couple of days now…weeks maybe…” He bit his lip every now and then, having a hard time trying to convey what he trying to say.

 

 

“Don’t…don’t you guys notice?”

 

 

Everyone looked at him with confused looks. “Notice what?” Doojoon asked. Junhyung scrunched his eyebrows. “I mean… you guys don’t see? In the hallways…in rooms…”

 

 

“…Haven’t you guys met him…? Yang Yoseob?”

 

 

Suddenly, at the mention of his name, the atmosphere changed. Doojoon blinked, looking at Junhyung now with more interest, Hyunseung suddenly make a weird noise as he gripped his utensils harder, while Kikwang and Dongwoon remained looking at Junhyung with confused faces. Kikwang tilted his head. He’s heard about Yoseob from Doojoon, and he’s certain that he’s seen him too, during the first days of their stay. He seemed normal – at least to Kikwang – but having them all react like this…

 

 

“I…I don’t know…I just…” Junhyung leaned forward a bit. “Doesn’t he seem… a bit odd to you guys? A little…too different? I asked Gayoon noona about him, but all she did was shrug it off and told me that he just comes here often and… he’s really bothersome so it’s best not to mingle with him…but…it doesn’t...feel that way does it? At least… to me it doesn’t…that’s why I wanted to ask you guys…while noona isn’t here – “

 

 

“Here’s your water guys! Sorry I too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter