Who is he?

[Series][HIATUS!] Cold Innocence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

2. Who is he?

Junhyung

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 A knife glistened.

NO!

Sudden movements. Struggling.

Choked sounds. Panting.

“Stay Still!”

Crash.

 

 

 

The knife shined just above him.

… scream of agony… a scream of pain…cries…

…blood…

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The thunder was loud.

 

 

“Ahh… yes… ok… we’re fine…” Junhyung answered half-heartedly.

 

 

He was sitting on the edge of the bed on his room. He listened to his mom rant on and on through the phone, occasional buzzing being heard due to the poor signal.

 

 

“Al…zzzt…right then. Stay Safe. Call me… zzzzt… when the storm… zzt… settles a bit” His mom’s voice was muffled, barely heard through the hard rain echoing outside.

 

 

“Mmm, okay…bye. Love you.” Junhyung shut his phone before tossing it aside. He plopped down the bed, running a hand through his hair.

 

 

It stayed silent for a while.

 

 

Just then, the bathroom door opened, revealing Hyunseung.“Hey” he said, going over to lie next to him. It was silent again.

 

 

“Bored?” he asked, rolling over to his side to face Junhyung. Junhyung grunted. “Of Course…of all the places to stay on a stormy weather like this…” he sighed, massaging the bridge of his nose.

 

 

Hyunseung scrunched his eyebrows sadly before going closer to peck him on the cheek. “Don’t worry… I understand. Let’s just hope that the storm would settle. In the meantime, let’s just find something to do.”

 

 

Junhyung sat up. “Well… I’m going to go and get a snack downstairs. It is, after all, the only decent thing here. Food” He stood up and headed to the door. “You coming?”

 

 

Hyunseung shook his head, rolling over face down on the bed. “Nope” his voice was muffled. “I’d rather take a nap” Junhyung shrugged, opening the door, muttering an ‘alright’ before heading out and closing the door with a ‘click’

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Junhyung was standing in front of the display cases, each shelf having some sort of pastry on them.

 

 

 

“Hello”

 

 

Junhyung snapped his head back quickly, heartbeat fast and eyes wide. He sighed - in relief, he didn’t know why, but there’s something about this place that seems so… unreal… - upon seeing the young woman whom they first met in the dining hall days ago and is now considered very close with them.

 

 

“Ahh, you scared me. Hi, Gayoon noona”

 

 

Gayoon smiled warmly, going over beside Junhyung. “So… what are you looking for?” She said as he bent over, looking at each of the shelves.

 

 

“I don’t really know… anything I guess” Gayoon laughed. “Come on, you have to at least give some suggestions” Junhyung smiled at her light-heartedness. “Well, something sweet I guess, like a cake of some sort”

 

 

“Ah” Gayoon said. “I’ll go get you a fresh slice of our best cake. Wait here” she said, smiling. With that, she her heels and walked to the kitchen, the ‘clacking’ of her heels echoing around the room. As Junhyung watched her go, he noticed a bruise on the back of her arm which wasn’t there the other times they had conversed..

 

 

Junhyung went over to sit on one of the tables. He sat on the chair in the end of the room and casually tapped his fingers on the table to a beat inside of this head.

 

 

Not even a minute later, Junhyung stopped upon suddenly hearing a voice humming faintly out of nowhere.

 

 

Build it up with wood and clay, wood and clay, wood and clay…

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter