Always

[Series][HIATUS!] Cold Innocence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13. Always

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Red... It was all red.

 

 

Everything was red.

 

 

"A... A-Appa...?" He couldn't keep his eyes away from the body.

 

 

He stared at his red hands and the red shards and the red walls and the red body and –

 

 

"I... I–" The door suddenly opened, light filling the dark room and Yoseob snapped his head up, eyes widening and filling with fear.

 

 

"YOSEOB!!"

 

 

Yoseob gasped and suddenly he was back in the motel staring up at the ceiling, no red walls, no red bodies.

 

 

His eyes widened as he saw the glint of the knife swinging towards him and immediately he grabbed the handle to stop it from hitting him, and by the time he did manage to stop it, it was inches of his body now. Myungsoo clenched his teeth and pressed the knife down harder. He didn't know how or when it suddenly became like this – Myungsoo pinning him down on the floor swinging his knife at him – and he didn't know who shouted his name either. Yoseob was still terribly shaken from the images that appeared on his mind and his mind was hazy and he couldn't focus on anything but his head wasn't as painful anymore.

 

 

Yoseob tried to slow down his breathing, face streaked with tears, and his hands shook as he gripped onto the knife harder, trying his best to stop it. The tip of the knife was now slowly getting close towards him when Myungsoo clenched his teeth, gripping the handle hard before suddenly pulling it away from Yoseob, causing the blade to slide through Yoseob's palm and cutting it in the process.

 

 

Myungsoo looked at the blade for a while before turning to look at him. He looked at Yoseob coldly and it was the first time Yoseob had seen Myungsoo look like this. The Myungsoo he knew was calm and collected and the Myungsoo he knew was nice to him and Gayoon and he helped them and they helped him and–

 

 

"Pathetic" And with that Myungsoo raised his knife once more.

 

 

But Yoseob was too tired now, he felt exhausted in every way and everything hurt, so he just shut his eyes, not making any effort to stop Myungsoo at all. He didn't want this anymore. He didn't want to hurt. He didn't want to feel.

 

 

 

He smiled to himself as tears started springing up in his eyes.

 

 

I'm sorry... I didn't make it... I broke our promise...

 

 

Myungsoo swung his knife down towards him.

 

 

"Stop" There was a clicking sound.

 

 

Myungsoo froze; a gun was pointed at him.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Let him go"

 

 

Gayoon's face was as hard as stone as she watched Myungsoo slowly look up. She held the gun expertly, her hands were steady as her finger rested on the trigger and she was ready to shoot, she isn't going to hesitate at all when the time comes.

 

 

"Drop the knife" she continued, her voice cold as ice when Myungsoo didn't move. 

 

 

Myungsoo smiled. "Well–"

 

 

"Drop it!" Gayoon practically screamed. The sound of a gunshot echoed out as she shot the ground right next to him as a warning. "I will shoot you, Myungsoo"

 

 

The said man looked down for a while, before chucklin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter