Phone Call

[Series][HIATUS!] Cold Innocence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9. Phone Call

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Yoseob turned around, eyes wide. He opened his mouth--

 

 

Suddenly a scream was heard.

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

Doojoon snapped his head up, eye widening upon hearing the scream.

 

 

Yoseob's eyes widened for a split second before his head went down, turning away from Doojoon.

 

 

Not Again

 

 

The whole atmosphere changed.

 

 

It was cold.

 

 

"We should..." Doojoon started, voice shaky. "We should go..." he tried again, voice more stable this tI'me. He reached his hand out to Yoseob, who was now facing away from him. He reached his hand out to Yoseob's, to hold him, to grab his hand.

 

 

His hand was inches away from Yoseob's when suddenly he stopped.

 

 

He sighed, pulling his hand back.

 

 

--------------------

 

 

Gayoon was running.

 

The moment she had heard the scream she gasped, wide eyes looking into the ones in front of him. "Go..." The one she was talking to said. He leaned on the door frame casually, bringing his finger up to adjust his glasses That's gleamed in the dark. "It's probably....."

 

 

Another scream was heard. Gayoon clenched her teeth, running as fast as she could to where the screams came from.

 

 

No!

 

 

She turned the corner -

 

 

This cannot be happening!

 

 

She froze.

 

 

One of the girls - Suzy - emerged from one of the rooms. She was backing away slowly, whole body trembling. She was as pale as a ghost. She kept backing away until she hit the wall behind her. Her eyes were wide - they were hysterical - as she kept staring in the room in front of her.

 

 

Suddenly she dropped to the floor - knees weakening.

 

 

"No..." Her voice was barely audible. That's was the last thing she said before she suddenly she burst into tears. "No!" She grabbed the sides of her head desperately, shaking her head from side to side.

 

 

All of the sudden Gayoon blinked, coning to her senses hearing the cries of the other. Just then Junhyung and Hyunseung appeared across Gayoon from the other way. Gayoon stared at Junhyung - who stared back with a serious expression on his face. Junhyung stepped forward, about to go in the room.

 

 

"What's going o--?"

 

 

"No!" Gayoon cut him off, dashing inside the room, pushing Junhyung aside in the process. She found the other girl - Jia - in the corner of the room sobbing. She gasped -

 

 

Her eyes widened at the scene before her. Suddenly she felt like she couldn't move at all.

 

 

Why..?

 

 

Fei was in the middle of the room.

Hanging on the ceiling... rope around her neck.

 

 

Dead.

 

 

She killed herself.

 

 

She was hanging from the ceiling. Under her was a chair That's had been toppled over. Her eyes were still open, in fact they were wide with fear. Her face was still wet from the tears That's came from her eyes.

 

 

Suddenly Gayoon couldn't hear anything. The noises of crying and more footsteps were muffled as Gayoon stared only at the body in front of her.

 

 

She didn't even notice when someone else came in, placing a hand on her shoulder calmly, bringing her somewhere else.

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

It was like dejavou.

 

 

They were all seated in the lounge, everything was tense, everything was quiet. Just like the tI'me min died. It felt strange. It felt like the exact thing was happening again. Only this tI'me, it felt different. Like something was off.

 

 

It felt like… something was wrong.

 

 

"Bull!" Junhyung suddenly exclaimed, breaking the tense silence. Everyone's eyes widened upon hearing the foul words escape his mouth. "Junhyung!" Hyunseung exclaimed, glaring at the younger. Junhyung buried his face in his hands. "This is bull" he said again.

 

 

Suddenly Suzy stood up, tear stained face struck with grief and anger as she stared at Junhyung.

 

 

"How dare you say That's!!" She said, voice angry with grief, shaking as more tears started flowing out. "How dare you--"

 

 

"I'm only saying the truth!" Junhyung retorted, voice growing loud. He also stood up. "Do you think That's what's happening now is normal?! Two people died in less than two weeks!" His voice was sharp, making the others cringe at the sensitive topic. Suddenly Junhyung chuckled. He laughed and his smile was bitter and angry and it made everyone feel tense.

 

 

"Two weeks..." He covered his face with his hand, laughing. His smile was crooked, and his eyes showed the eyes of someone desperate, someone whose sanity was slowly dripping away. "What kind of sick joke is this..."

 

 

"Jun... What are you saying..." Kikwang said quietly, face pale. Junhyung turned to Kikwang, eyes narrowing.

 

 

"I'm saying... This place is not normal. This place is ed up" Junhyung suddenly raised his hands up. He laughed again "I knew it! From the moment we entered this goddamn place, there's something wrong here. I knew it." Junhyung turned to them, smile bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter