Precious Moments

[Series][HIATUS!] Cold Innocence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

11. Precious Moments

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Yoseob looked out the window. His eyes were reflecting the cold of the night.

 

 

"None of you should talk to him."

 

 

"Ignore him…"

 

 

"The world is cruel..." He closed his eyes before opening them again. He leaned his head against the cold window, listening to the sound of the raindrops slowly hitting the glass on the other side, staring at the raindrops hitting the window before slowly dripping down the glass.

 

 

His eyes widened.

 

 

"The rain's stopping..." he said with a hushed voice to himself.

 

 

"...no... I... I don't want..." He held his doll tighter. His voice was shaking.

 

 

"... I don't want them to leave... Please... I still..."

 

 

He looked at his doll.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Here"

 

 

Yoseob's eyes widened as a box was placed on his outstretched hands. It was a pretty box – light blue in color topped off with a cute little dark blue bow. He looked up. "What is – ?"

 

 

"Just hurry and open it already" the other lifted his scarf up more to his nose - to cover up his red face. Yoseob smiled at the other before looking down again and opening the box.

 

 

Yoseob blinked.

 

 

He blinked again. He blinked a lot more times as he starred at the object in the box.

 

 

It was a doll. The doll was wearing a pretty pink dress full of ruffles. It’s hair was a soft blonde, with pretty neat curls on the ends. Its face had a soft smile on it, bright blue eyes shining even in the cold winter weather they were having.

 

 

"I-I didn't know what to get you for your birthday and well since the other day you said the this doll looked cute and that you really liked it when we saw it in a shop window... So I thought that maybe I should buy it for you... and I know I couldn't buy just any other doll I had to buy that one because you liked it so much… but  I don't have much money though so I had to work reaally hard to get my parents to help and –"

 

 

The other was cut short when Two arms suddenly encircled him. Yoseob hugged him tight, a wide smile on his face. The other's eyes widened, "Y-Yah!! What - "

 

 

"Your rambling again..." Yoseob mumbled in the others jacket, making the other turn red again. Yoseob suddenly looked up - chin against the other's jacket and arms still encircled around the other. He smiled his biggest and happiest and warmest smile ever -

 

 

"Thank you"

 

 

They stayed like That's for a while, in the middle of a snowy park; Yoseob hugging the other who averted his eyes as his face turned redder by the second.

 

 

By the time the other looked back there were tears in Yoseob's eyes.

 

 

"Y-Yaaah!!! you dont have to cry!!"

 

 

"They're happy tears and you should be happy too!!"

 

 

"But..." The other looked at Yoseob with disbelief, before caving in then smiling back at Yoseob.

 

 

"You're welcome"

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yoseob smiled softly, looking at his doll.

 

 

"That's right..."

 

 

"It's okay... As long as you're here" he closed his eyes, smile still on place. He turned. Walking back to his room.

 

 

"Even if the world is cruel... I have you"

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

...tick...tock...tick...tock...

 

 

Doojoon laid down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, doing nothing at all. He sighed, closing his eyes.

 

 

"...just watching the hours tick by..." He sang in a small little melody. He sighed again for the umpteenth time, turning to his side to face the door.

 

 

"Stop minding other people's business"

 

 

It was kind of weird what happened after Gayoon had said That's. No one talked after Gayoon left, they all just stood there not looking at each other, surrounded by silence which gets even more awkward by the minute. It wasn't until Junhyung sighed - along with a mumble of 'what the hell' - before going out of the dining room and into his room That's everyone else followed suit.

 

 

It's been two days after That's and no one talked to each other each - or at least that's what Doojoon thought because he stayed in his room those past two days.

 

 

It suddenly made him remember.

 

 

The way Myungsoo looked at him the day they met him. It bothered Doojon so much, that he would spend sleepless nights just thinking about what that stare meant.

 

 

There was something behind that quick glance. And he had to know it.

 

 

Doojoon suddenly sat up. "I should find him again" he muttered to himself. Myungsoo was so willing to share information about this place, that Doojoon figured that asking him this simple question was nothing. He stood up, making his way across the room to the door.

 

 

He grabbed the handle and swung it open rather quickly, -

 

 

Doojoon's eyes widened—

 

 

Yoseob gasped as he turned his head to see Doojoon suddenly open the door to his room so abruptly. His hands shook for a second as something flashed through his eye before his face went blank again.

 

 

"Y-Yoseobah!" Doojoon stuttered, embarrassment flowing through every inch of his body. He kicked himself a thousand times inside for doing such a stupid thing - in front of Yoseob too. He bowed. "I'm very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter