Fatal Encounter

[Series][HIATUS!] Cold Innocence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. Fatal Encounter

Doojoon

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Cheers! For our success!”

 

They laughed, clinking their sodas together as the car sped on. Junhyung, who was driving, gulped down his coke. “Who would’ve thought we’d win that band contest!” he exclaimed, gesturing the one beside him, Hyunseung, to pass him another can.

 

“It’s probably because of my voice” joked Dongwoon, earning a smack from Kikwang. “Don’t be so proud” Kikwang said. “Besides, my dancing also got us to the top!” They all laughed, talking together all the way back to Seoul.

 

The five: Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Kikwang and Dongwoon, formed a group together. And recently they were invited to join a competition away from the city. Enthusiastic as they were, they joined and, with great efforts, they won.

 

After a few hours, a light drizzle started to pour down. “ing… Oh great” Doojoon said, exaggerating. “Why rain now?” Dongwoon patted him on the back. “Relax, hyung, its only rain.” But that statement was quickly wiped away as the sound of thunder sounded almost immediately after Dongwoon had said it. Hyunseung grimaced, turning to Junhyung. “We better stay off the road, looks like a storm is coming soon.”

 

Junhyung huffed, “Easy for you to say, we’re in the middle of nowhere! Damn, why does the competition be so far away from Seoul?!” They drove around, going through twists and turns, and finally, they spotted something.

 

“There!” Kikwang exclaimed, pointing at what looks like an old building. There was hesitation in Junhyung’s face, before it was wiped away when the rain started to get harder. “Well, I guess that would do” Junhyung said as he drove the car to the motel. They went out the car, grabbed their things from the trunk (which was a lot, since they did come from a band competition), and hurried inside.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They entered the motel, wet from the rain which has now gotten stronger.

 

Doojoon was the last who entered, scrunching his nose as he did. It had a dark setting, probably because no one ever visited here. The walls were peeling off, the floor creaked slightly when you stepped on it, and the chairs had a layer of dust on them, all to be completed with the depressing sound of the rain, sometimes accompanied by loud roars of thunder. The whole atmosphere seemed unwelcoming. They all groaned, dropping their bags on the floor. “What’s with this place…?” Junhyung muttered, running a hand through his wet hair.

 

“Welcome…” A soft melodious voice said from behind him.

 

Doojoon jumped at the sudden voice, gasping as he turned around. There stood before him, a man who looks just a bit younger than him, eyes slightly closed. His skin was so pale it was almost pure white, and his hair was tinted blonde that was almost as pale as his skin. He wore an eye patch (a medical eye patch to be exact) on his left eye, and his other eye had slight dark circles around them, as if he hadn’t slept in days. He had his hands clasped together in front of him, head low, and Doojoon could only think of one word.

 

Beautiful...

 

The boy’s eyes gently opened, irises turning ever so slowly to face him, and the moment their eyes met contact, Doojoon had shivers going down his spine at the never ending coldness in those eyes.

 

Coldness, but the amount of innocence in it was just as much.

 

Doojoon didn’t know what to do, except stare back. The other kept his gaze, face showing no sign of emotion.

 

His head started hurting. This nagging feeling was coming to him. Like he saw that boy somewhere before...

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a click resounded in the air, grabbing everyone’s attention. Almost immediately after the click, another tune started fading into place.

 

 

London Bridge is falling down… falling down… falling down… London Bridge is –

 

 

Everyone cringed at the tune. It was slow, and had a slight depressive feeling to it. The sound cracked and sounded rough, not at all like the familiar happy nursery tune. Doojoon blinked, turning to look at the boy behind him. He was no longer looking at Doojoon, but he had his eyes cast down again, as if afraid to look at anything.

 

 

…my fair lady…

 

 

The tune stopped abruptly and at that moment, thunder roared in the sky.

 

Goosebumps…

 

“Doojoon hyung, let’s go” Dongwoon called out to him. Doojoon shook his head, rushing over to the others who were at the front desk already. There behind the desk sat a middle aged man, probably around his 40s, slouched in his seat as he twirled a cigar around his lips.

 

“Um… Good afternoon sir… We’d like to, um, stay… here, for the night or so?” Dongwoon said, nervousness creeping up his spine as the old man stared at him with cold, merciless eyes. “Well, of course you did, idiot.” The old man said, removing the cigar from his mouth to blow smoke to the five’s faces. Dongwoon sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter