That Night

Be My Girl

Jinyoung’s POV

Everything went smoothly like Nerin’s plan. She got her tickets for homecoming. I texted Gongchan that I’m taking Nerin to her homecoming. So he needs to call a taxi or wait till I return.  And now I’m driving Nerin to her homecoming. On the other hand, she is deciding whether or not if she should sneak me in. But I told her since her plan originally was a girl night then let it be a girl night. I’m sure we could hang out sometimes, and it doesn’t have to be homecoming. We can hang out at the mall (shopping of course), Starbucks, Olive Garden for some pasta, something simple.  

I mean we just met and we’re going to homecoming together? That is crazy! I don’t mind if it’s slow but it needs to be smooth. And the most important thing is, no offense, I want to ask her out not the other way around. It’s not that she can’t ask me out. I would say yes anyway. It’s I want to make the first move. If that makes any sense.

 

“So how’s your senior year going so far?”

 

“Busy. Since I wasn’t thinking straight and decided to have three online classes. Besides all the busy work and more work. Wow, I don’t have a life.”

 

“It might be a good thing. It would be easier for you to get used to college.”

 

“How come?” She asked.

 

“Lots of professors don’t take attendances which mean you can skip all the classes you want. But if you don’t go to the class how are you going to be prepared for your upcoming exams and learn all the knowledge? It’s like your online classes. Self-motivation is very important. It’s one of those things if you do it or not. Get the credit or retake.” I explained.

 

“I see.”

 

“So have you decide your major yet?”

 

“I’m not sure yet.” She paused “there are….many things that I want to experience. I feel like if I decide on one major I might change it after a semester. Cause I might something that’s more interesting for me to explore.”

 

“Many people are undecided till their sophomore year. You have some time before you make your decision.”

 

“I guess. I hope I can find my major soon.”

 

“I’m sure you will”

 

The conversation continues. It wasn’t that awkward as I expected. It was actually relaxing, like how we usually chat. From something very casual to something about college and some random topics.

Time always pass by quickly when you’re having a good time. Like now we are at our destination, Nerin’s homecoming which is at a hotel. How clever right?  

 

“Well, I’ll see you around sometimes,” I said to Nerin while opening the door for her.

 

“Yeah, totally. We can hang out sometimes. Thanks for the ride.” She replied with a grin.

 

“No problem. Have a great night”

 

“Thanks” Then she walked into the lobby and gave her friends their tickets.

 

Man, I wonder if she feels what I feel? I couldn’t stop looking for her ever since I met her online. And today I got the chance to meet her. Finally. I went back into my car, turn on the radio and making my way home. Gongchan texted me earlier said that he took the taxi and went home. Dying to know what happen to me and Nerin. Should I spill the beans or keep him hanging? 

 

ADDED~~~~~


The next day
Nelly's POV

I woke up in pain from a random attack. It was not the best way to wake up in the morning, especially after a long night of wearing heels but to be honest I don't remember much after we got home. As I found the "weapon" laying next to my pillow was a bunny that I've given to Stacey's birthday. Maybe three girls sleeping on the same bed wasn't a good idea. I should've thought about the random attacks that might occur.  

Just as I was about to check if the girls were awake. A loud cheerful voice broke the silence with "Hakuna Matta it means no worries!" one of my favorite phrases and it's from Lion King. What can I say that's my favorite Disney movie. I can't help but use it as my text tone. 

Even with the loud voice of Pumbaa saying "HAKUNA MATTA" the girls were still deeply asleep. I guess that means some alone time with myself and my phone. I checked the message that was displayed on my lock screen and it was from Jinyoung. 

 

"I hope you're feeling okay" 

 

What does that mean? I quickly unlock my phone and saw the message I send him last night and slowly I started to remember things that happened after homecoming. We were quite hungry after all the dancing and chatting with friends but there wasn't any proper food to eat and we were simply too lazy to cook. We ended up sharing a whole box of donuts with lots of frosting and sprinkle plus at least 3 can of soda of our choice. Probably not the best idea during the middle of the night. I don't remember how I started texting to Jinyoung but I did....and the conversation was quite weird and crazy. Due to the influence of sugar, my common sense and logic were nowhere to be found.  

'He probably thinks I'm using drugs or something' I thought to myself. 

This is embarrassing, I need to apologize to him! He pretty much stayed up all night with my nonsense text and still managed to keep the conversation going! He deserved a gold medal for that!

 

"I'M SORRY. I HAD LIKE HALF OF BOX OF DONUTS AND MAYBE A DOZEN CAN OF SODA. I SHOULDN'T TEXT YOU LIKE THAT" 

 

Typically Jinyoung replies pretty fast. I saw the little icon pop out which means he's typing. Man, it was the longest minute I ever experiment in my life. I didn't how he would respond nor if he's okay dealing me with an extraordinary amount of sugar. 

 

"lol. It's fine. I figured you aren't the type to use drug but I certainly wasn't expected that many donuts and soda!" 

 

At least it's better than what I was expecting? 

 

"It was an accident! Kinda.....anyway we were hungry and we were too lazy to cook. So we just ate the box of donuts...." 

He then continued "If you want I could drop by and we can get REAL food for you :)"