Homecoming

Be My Girl

Nelly’s POV

Being ahead is actually…pretty good. If you ignore all the work and time effort. I don’t know how I decided to take three online classes. It just happens naturally. So far with my BS skills, my overall GPA is 3.4, not the best but it’s okay. Spany’s B-day went well as I and Bunny planned. Everything went smoothly, the decoration, cake, and our performance was fantastic. All the hard work played off. It was kind of stressful with school and stuff but it’s my best friend’s 18th birthday, it has to be special and it was. Now it’s almost end of September which means homecoming is nearby. Since is senior year, my BFFs decided we need to go. I personally don’t care but looking for a dress can be a big deal sometimes. Like now…..

“Guys, how long are we going to stay here?” I asked while they are searching in the store looking for dresses.

“Humm, looking for a dress can be hard.” Bunny said while holding a dress in front of her looks at the mirror trying to figure out if this is “THE” dress or not.

“Yes indeed,” Spany said with two exact same dresses but in two different colors in her hand.

“……” And they ignored my question. ‘sign’ I guess when it comes to shopping I’m a lot faster than most of my friends. I’m not saying that I don’t like shopping, I do. But I just grab what I need/want and pay. Fast and easy.

“Didn’t find anything you like?” Spany asked.

“Nope, nothing caught my eyes. Oh and I think the white one will looks better on you.”

“Really? Humm, let me try it on” Spany said then walked into the dressing room.

While my friends were in the dressing room trying on some dresses for homecoming. I was like a boyfriend waiting for his girlfriend trying on outfits but I’m not a guy nor their boyfriend. I’m just a person that couldn’t find a dress. Humm, what kind of style do I want? What about color? What color do I want? To be honest I care about the shoes more. High heels of course!  With my short height, I really really need high heels in my life. It gives me some extra inches to appear taller. Even if it’s only like three inches. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ADDED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later

To be honest I wasn’t expecting to stay at the mall till it closed. They kind of try on every dresses in every store in the mall. While I’m on my phone checking some online stores and eBay to find some good deals for homecoming. I was trying to find dresses but it didn’t turn out right. I end up with 2 pairs of booties (booths with heels) from Steven Madden with 15% off and free shipping. Yup, I’m not ready for homecoming at all. I might as well dig out some dresses from my closet then buying random stuff online.

Funny how every year for homecoming or any kind of event that requires wearing a dress. I always wore black. Why not keep this nonsense tradition going? Besides I have a ton of black dresses, that should be easy to find one for this upcoming event—homecoming. Humm as for heels….I will just wear some black heels that I have at home. Okay, I’m officially ready for homecoming….I think.

“Do you have any plan for homecoming?” Spany asked.

“Umm, hang out with you guys.”

“How about the dress? You didn’t try on anything!” Bunny whined

“Ummm it’s somewhere in my closet (?)”

“Shoes, makeup, bag?” more questions from Spany~

“Got it” “Tickets?”

“……” “……”

“Darn! We forgot the tickets! But it’s not like homecoming is today tho.” Is it not today right? It’s tomorrow I think.

“We can just get it tomorrow at school. No big deal” Bunny said with a shrug

“But guys. Tomorrow is Saturday we don’t have school” Spany said it calmly ish

“…….” “…….” “…….”

“…..well, we can just get it at the door,” I said and broke the silence.

“Yeah more expensive,” Bunny said with annoyed

“Well that’s the only way I guess”

“…hummm….I have an idea.”

“What?” they both asked.

“Just leave everything to me. All you need to do is show up on time” I said with a smile. I know the right person to ask to complete this not-so-brilliant-idea but it works. 

Homecoming Night

I don’t know what happen to the homecoming game and not that I care who wins and who looses. All I care is having lunch with this dude can get what I want. Let’s just say I know some people that are in charge for this homecoming and it happens to be someone that wants to have a date (?) with me. Well, not an actually date is more hanging out with friends while somehow people speared rumors about us dating. And this somehow triggers him to come up with an idea of us dating. But I sure this is not going to work.

Now I’m at a restaurant having dinner with him instead of helping my two BFFs getting ready. Great just great. Of course, it’s for the free tickets. He could have just given it to me instead of trying some random experience like having a date with me. But the food is good and I get what I want. This is actually a pretty good deal for me.

Jinyoung’s POV

“Gongchan why are we here?” It doesn’t make sense going out for dinner during homecoming season while we have no interested going to homecoming. Randomly dress up for dinner and the worst thing is it’s just the two of us. Not that I mind having dinner with Gongchan but with these random glances that people gave us! WE ARE NOT GAY!

“Well, I got an invitation to the restaurant with a discount so why not?” Okay….why can’t we have it at lunch instead of dinner?

“Why are we dressed up?” “Simple it’s the dress code, semi-formal.”

“……” I guess that explain something.

“Oh, red hair” Gongchan’s eyes lighted up when he saw someone. I wonder who?

“What?” “Hyun that girl over there looks like the girl I saw at the library!” He said with excitement.

“Oh, really?” I couldn’t see her from my direction and I wasn’t sure where Gongchan was pointing. But there aren’t many people that have the same color red as my hair.

“Yeah! I think there's a guy with her and they're both dress up. Looks like they’re going to homecoming later.” Gongchan said while staring at her table.

Till today I still don’t know Nerin’s face. All I know she’s a senior in high school with red hair. I don’t know how tall she is, she did mention she’s pretty tiny, though. 

Normally I’m the kind of person that’s very dense. I can’t feel or tell if someone is staring at me or not. But in some rare cases like now I can actually feel the stares. In the corner of my eyes, I saw a blonde and a red head staring at me. They are only a few tables away from mine. Funny how that red head has the same color hair as mine, bright red. Well, my dear cousin (not) also dyed her hair bright red. I guess the shade of red is getting popular. Maybe I should change my hair color. Maybe I’ll try blue or lime green this time. Anyway, all the crazy hair color plans need to wait till I get my tickets for homecoming. Man, will this dude ever stop talking? I never knew that he can talk this much like nonstop. Since after the homecoming game. Heck, I still don’t know the scores for it. Did we won or did we lost? I’m sure if I bring it up he will start talking how awesome the team was and other stuff that I don’t care.

Focusing on eating my pasta and pretending I’m listening to whatever conversation we are having. I have no clue what he is talking about. Everything sounds like “@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!” this to me. Man, this is boring and I can’t believe those two are still staring at me. Don’t you guys have a life? Have a conversation or something. At least try to listen to me……wait I think what I’m doing isn’t better either. I guess that put us on the same page(?).

Made an excuse to ticket source to check on my makeup. I get up and making my way to the ladies room. Use my hair as a barrier and trying to get a better look at the two. Oddly they look familiar. Do I know them? Did I saw them somewhere…? That red head looks like...Jinyong! Is it really him? I only saw pictures of him but I never see him in person before. Oh, wait! He got up and he’s walking to…my direction? Maybe he needs to go to the restroom or something. It’s at the same hallway. There’s no point going in and check my makeup in the restroom. All I want is some fresh air and besides he can’t see me from our table.

I sat on the sofa that was placed under a huge mirror. Took my phone out and start looking for pictures of Jinyoung from KaKao. I swear that dude looks like him. To my surprise that dude sat down….next to me.

Jinyoung’s POV

The girl took out her phone, seems like she’s trying to find something. I didn’t know what I was thinking but I followed her. I guess I wanted to get a better look to make sure she’s Nerin. Her hair is red like mine, tiny, skinny and… While I was deep into my thoughts she turned and looked at me.

“Jinyoung?” She asked

Nerin?” I finally got to see her face. Everything is petite. Her face, height, hand……

“So it was you and your friends that were staring at me.” She said with a weird look.

“Yeah we were trying to figure out if is you or not” I explain. “I didn’t think I would see you here. Homecoming?”

“Yeah. It’s my senior year so why not.”

“So he’s your date?” I asked nervously. Personally, I hope he’s not her date. I wish it was me instead of anyone else.

“Who? Oh, that dude. No.” I’m gonna lie that latterly made my day.

“Then?”

“Long story short. He’s in the student government and he said he will give me and my friends’ tickets if I have dinner with him.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. Too busy looking for dresses, forgot about tickets”

“It looks nice on you.” It’s a black short dress with long lace sleeves. A pair of black high heels to give her some extra height. With all these seems semi-gothic, rock looking outfit. Her makeup isn’t heavy, in fact, it’s pretty light. A black and red wing eyeliner with long lashes. Overall it suits her personality.

“Thank you”

Then it’s silence. Somewhat awkward silence.

“Soo” she broke the silence “why are you here?”

“My friend got a discount for this restaurant. He wanted to try out so we’re here.”

“Oh” “Yeah”

Then there’s silence again.

“You know,” she said, “I have a crazy idea, wanna join me?”

“What is it?”

“I have a feeling that my friend is somehow going to brainwash me to be his date. But I have no interest in having any relationship with him but a friend.” She explains.

“So?”

“So would you mind play along with me. I know it’s sounded harsh but I’m gonna crash his hope. In or?”

“I’m in.” Well, she’s my target and I don’t want anyone else to get it so sorry dude. You don’t get a chance. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey~ I'm back~ and I added the second part to this chapter! Hope you guys enjoy!

I'm thinking maybe some short filler on twitter for some stories that I'm currently working. What do you guys thing?