Dongsun's confession

The place where I belong

 

Kevin:

We bow one last time to the crowd before getting off stage.

“Great job, guys” Soohyun tells us as we’re all backstage again. I immediately start searching for Hyunae. I smile when I spot her. Her cheeks are cutely red again. But she’s not alone. There’s a guy with her. The guy hugs her, that’s when I recognize him, he’s Dongsun. Something in me snaps. That guy pisses me off. Her cheeks are red, is it because of him? He even tried to kiss her, from what I’ve heard that morning. I take long strides towards the two of them, not knowing what to do when I reach them. Even though I have never done something like that before, I really feel like hitting the guy. He lets her go before I reach them.

“Oh, speak of the devil” he says and grins at me.

“Kevin! You’re back!” Hyunae beams: “You were amazing! I told you you didn’t had anything to worry about.”

She smiles brightly at me, it calms me down a bit, but I’m still everything but happy with that guy standing next to me.

“Ah, Kevin-san, you’re back! Great comeback” Kokoro says when she joins our circle.

“You’re early today” she says to Dongsun.

“Had the early shift today” Dongsun answers.

“Eh? You guys know each other?” Hyunae asks surprised.

“Well, seeing how I succeeded in my mission, why not come out and tell them” Dongsun says while smiling to Kokoro.

“Kevin, Hyunae, meet my girlfriend, Kokoro-chan” Dongsun says, wrapping his arm around her. She slightly blushes. What? His girlfriend? Wasn’t he after Hyunae?

 

 

I just finished changing back into regular clothes when I hear a knock on the door. Dongsun pops his head in.

“Can I come in?” he asks. I roll my eyes, seeing how he is already half inside when he’s asking.

“Sure, go ahead” I say.

“Firstly, I wanted to apologize for being a jerk to you” he says sincerely.

“You already apologized before” I tell him.

“I know, I know” he says: “But I kind of feel bad about it.”

I guess this is what Kokoro meant when she said Dongsun was such a good guy. After explaining that Kokoro is his girlfriend, he told us that his ‘mission’ was bringing Hyunae and me together. He said he noticed what was going on when we entered the little café and decided to help us a little.

“And secondly?” I ask him. He looks at me confused.

“You said ‘firstly’, so that means you wanted to say more than just that” I say. He nods, as if he suddenly remembers what he wanted to say.

“Have you told her you like her yet?” he asks, coming straight to the point. I immediately turn red.

“Come again?” I ask.

“You know Hyunae, she’s a worry wrath, she’ll easily over think things. She was like that when she was a kid and she apparently still is. So what I mean, telling her won’t hurt” he says.

“You’re blunt” I say. He grins.

“I get that a lot” he says.

“I’m happy though” he randomly says.

“What for?” I ask him.

“That you’re really a good guy. Hyunae sure knows how to pick them. I’m confident placing her in your trust” he says. He grins again when he sees my reaction.

“Yeah, I know it sounds odd coming from a guy who just knew her a couple of years when we were kids, but she meant a lot to me. She changed me. I’ll always see her as one of the most important people in my live. Even though we’re not blood related, I’ll always think of her as my little sister” he says. I look at him. I start to understand why he acted the way he did. He really is a good guy.

“Well, I’ll take my leave now. You’ll probably be going soon anyway” he says and walks to the door.

“Take good care of my baby sister, will you. And if you dare to make her cry, I’ll fly over to Korea and make you regret it” he says before closing the door.

 

 

“I changed him?” Hyunae asks surprised, putting down the bag she carried around today. She walks over and sits down next to my. I’m laying down on the bed again, looking at her.

“Yep, that’s what he said. She changed me” I say.

“Ah, he’s probably talking about that” she says, smiling to herself. I look at her, my eyes filled with curiosity.

“He never talked. He had never of his entire life said a single word, the doctors even declared he was a mute” she says.

“One day, I was being bullied by some guys down the street. At first he just watched me. But at a sudden moment, he walked over, punched one of the guys and yelled at them. It was the first time he spoke. His parents called it a miracle. After that, he wouldn’t talk to anyone but me, even though I was too young to understand most of what he said though” she says.

“I had no idea” I say.

“Apparently after all these years, he still feels like he has to make up for his ‘miracle’” she adds. I nod, understanding that guy a little bit more. Still, I can’t get the thought that he wanted to kiss Hyunae out of my mind.

“What’s on your mind?” Hyunae asks. I look at her.

“You were frowning your forhead, you always do that if you’re thinking too hard about something” she says. I sit up and blush. Unable to look Hyunae in the eye, I avert my eyes and look at the floor.

“I… I was just thinking why he wanted to… kiss you if he already succeeded in getting me jealous” I ask, getting red. I’m still not looking at Hyunae, but I can tell her eyes just grew wider.

“Eh? What are you talking about? He never tried something like that” she says. Confused I look at her. He didn’t?

“But you said he did the other morning, when you were talking to the guys about when you went out with him” I say. She instantly turns red.

“So you did hear that” she says.

“I wasn’t talking about Dongsun” she says. She completely lost me.

“Another guy?” I ask her. She heavily shakes her head.

“No, I was talking about you, silly” she says.

“Me?” I say, completely knocked over. What? When? I don’t understand.

“When I came back that evening, you had fallen asleep on the couch. I didn’t want you to catch a cold, so I woke you up” she says.

“You were a bit drunk and almost knocked me over when you hugged me. And after that you… almost kissed me” she says shyly.

“Almost?” I blurt out. Hyunae nods.

“I rejected” she says. She pauses for a bit.

“I actually wanted you to kiss me. But you were like that and, call me weird, I didn’t knew if it was really you kissing me and not the alcohol. If you would kiss me, I wanted it to be real” she softly says. I’m completely taken by surprise by her confession.

“It’s weird, isn’t it” Hyunae says shyly.

“May be” I say. I lean in and softly kiss her.

“But it makes me like you even more” I continue. I don’t even know why I said that, it just came naturally, like it had to be that way. Her eyes light up and she smiles shyly. I give her a soft peck again.

“Real enough?” I ask her. She chuckles and nods.

“Very real” she says.

After talking for awhile about some random things, including our comeback from today. We decide to get ready for bed. Both of us are tired form a long day of work anyway. The rest of the following week is packed as well. We probably won’t be able to rest until we’re back home again. Not that I mind. I want to treasure every moment I can spend with Hyunae, even if it’s when I’m working.

 

AN: I have the feeling this chapter turned out a bit longer than the rest... I was thining of chopping it in two parts, but that would have made it too short... I don't know how long i'll be able to keep this daily uploading up. Don't hate me if i suddenly stop uploading agian, just being busy again. Finals are nearing for me so i'll have to stop writing for a bit probably. But! I'll be completely back one summer break starts!! So just be patient ^^ anyway, enjoy :3