Sharing a room

The place where I belong

Kevin:

There is only little light coming in from the window, but it’s enough to make out Hyunae’s sleeping face. It’s the third time in just two days I see her sleeping face from this close. Last night, she fell asleep while we were watching television. I was surprised when she suddenly laid her head down on my shoulder. It’s not that I minded her doing that, actually, I kind of liked it. She was sleeping so soundly back then, I can’t even remember when I fell asleep. This morning in the plane too, she fell asleep little after we took off. I kind of feel guilty, it’s probably because of me and my stupid mouth she’s lacking sleep. I admire her for being able to sleep on a plane that easily. She looked so peaceful and happy, like now. I keep wondering how we got in this position and what in the world the others were thinking putting Hyunae and me in the same room, with only one double bed. They don’t think I would….. No, not possible, there’s no way I could do that to her. That feeling inside me goes crazy again, my heart starts racing and I feel my face get red so I hide it behind my hands. I open my fingers and look at her sleeping face again.

“Would she mind?” I think. I hide my face again as I start thinking about it. No, no, no, no, no, I can’t think about something like that. What would she think if she knew what I was thinking. What would she do if she knew I liked her. No, after all that happened lately I noticed something. What would she do if she knew I loved her. I know Soohyun hyung told me she said she liked me, but is it really the same as what I’m feeling? Does she feel this messed up too sometimes? Can she ever get enough if we touch, even if it’s just a little, like in the airplane this morning. I sigh and remove my hands from my face. The moon lightly falls on her face. Because neither of us wanted the other one to sleep on the couch, she suggested we both would sleep in the double bed. I was surprised at her suggestion but she said she trusted me. We put a few of the spare cushions between us so that it would feel a little less awkward. Somehow, laying here like this makes me really happy, just laying here, next to her, being close to her. I softly her cheek and run my hand through her hair. She doesn’t notice my touch, she’s too far gone, way off to dreamland. I smile.

“Neh, Hyunae, do you know that I like you?” I softly whisper to her in English. She smiles soflty. I panic a little inside. Did she hear me? I watch her reaction for a bit but it seems she’s still just sleeping. I sigh and smile.

“I should catch some sleep too” I say to myself.

“Goodnight, Hyunae” I say and I press a soft kiss on her cheek, making sure not to wake her up. It doesn’t take long before I too am on my way to dreamland.

 

The bed moves a bit. A little ray of light falls on my face. I hear some ruffling and the bed moves some more. I open my eyes a little.

“Ah, Kevin.” Hyunae says: “Sorry, did I wake you up?”

I shake my head.

“Don’t worry about it” I say. I try to look at her face, but the only think I see is her silhouette. The soft light from the rising sun behind her is too hard for my tired eyes.

“Oh, is the sun bullying you?” she ask chuckling and she moves herself a little so she covers the sun with her body.

“Better like this?” she asks and I nod. She’s still pretty dark, but at least I’m able to see a bit of her face. She’s smiling cutely.

“Goodmorning, Kevin” she says.

“Good morning sunshine” I say in English and we both laugh.

“Sorry I woke you up, you could have slept late. I guess I ruined that for you” she says and pouts. We got to bed pretty late last night because of the schedule so even though it’s already passed 9, it feels early. I shake my head again.

“I told you not to worry about that” I tell her again.

“Kay” she says and smiles.

“So, what now?” I ask her. She lifts up her shoulders to show she doesn’t know. Suddenly, I think of something good.

“This is your first time in Japan. How about we go do something until the shoot from this afternoon?” I ask. Her face lights up.

“Is that ok?” she asks. I nod and smile.

 “Well, you hurry up and get ready” I order her.

“Sir yes sir” she says chuckling and hurries off to the bathroom. I can’t help but think that this feels a little like a date, it makes me happy.

 

 

Hyunae:

“The bathroom is all yours” I say when I exit the bathroom. I washed up, got dressed at put up a little makeup in record time.

“Wow, that was fast” Kevin says as he looks up from his phone. I smile at him. How could I not hurry up. I’m so happy I’m going to spend some time with Kevin. It kind of feels like a date.

“Ok, my turn” he says and makes his way to the bathroom. It doesn’t take him long to get ready either.

“I’ll just quickly grab some things and I’ll be good to go” he says once he steps out of the bathroom. I look at Kevin and what he’s wearing. I know I have seen him in casual before, but he looks good. Without the makeup and the flashy clothes, but just regular clothes and no makeup on. He looks relaxed like this and it looks good on him.

“You ready?” he asks me. I nod an follow him outside.

“I’ll send Soohyun a message later” Kevin says as we pass their room. We know they’re in that room because he texted to us later on. Our room is the last one of all our rooms, not the first one like Soohyun claimed yesterday.

“Free at last!” Kevin exclaims once we’re outside. He faces me and smiles.

“Come, let’s have some fun” he says. He reaches over and takes my hand. He smirks as he does so and we start walking towards the slightly busier part of the city. It’s a pretty little city so the chance Kevin will be recognized should be pretty slim. I can clearly see he’s happy about that. It’s not that he doesn’t like all the attention and love he gets from KissMe, but it’s understandable that it gets too much sometimes.

“You hungry?” he suddenly asks. I nod.

“A little bit” I answer.

“What about that place? It looks pretty cute” he says. I chuckle. Is he really deciding on entering the shop or not whether it looks cute or not? He looks at me pouting.

“What? Why are you laughing? I thought you would like stuff like that” he says, still with that cute pout on his lips.

“It indeed looks cute” I tell him.

“Want to check it out?” he asks. I nod and we enter the shop. A middle age woman smiles at us softly and guides us to our seats.

“It looks even cuter inside” I say. Kevin beams. It shouldn’t be legal for a guy to look this cute.

“Here” Kevin says as he hands me a menu. We both look at what we want to order. Neither of us could decide on one thing, so we got a few things and were going to share.

“That guy looked at you in a really weird way just now” Kevin says when the guy that took our order is far enough not to hear us. I laugh.

“What, getting jealous?” I tease. He slightly blushes.

“Th…that’s not what I meant! I just thought he stared at you in a weird way” he says. He wasn’t wrong about that, I noticed it too.

“Here are your drinks” the guy says once he returns. When he puts down my glass he doesn’t let go of it right away. Instead he keeps holding it and stares at me again. It’s making me uncomfortable and Kevin notices is. Just when he’s opening his mouth to say something to the guy he lets go of the glass and just looks at me. He shakes his head and walks off again.

“Strange guy” Kevin says. Suddenly, the guy turns around and walks back to our table with big strides.

“Kim Hyunae, you’re Kim Hyunae, am I right?” he asks, looking me straight in the eye.

 

AN: A new update ^w^ Thanks to my friends, the story is gonna get a little twist >:3 they gave me some good ideas so look forward to it ^w^ So enter mystery guy. Who would he be? hehe >:3  Enjoy ^w^