Mystery guy

The place where I belong

 

Kevin:

“Kim Hyunae, you’re Kim Hyunae, am I right?” the guy asks. He kind of scared me because I didn’t see him coming and he just popped up like that again.

“You ARE Hyunae, right?” he says, this time in Korean and I see his face light up. It makes me feel somewhat angry for some reason. Softly, Hyunae nods, her face still covered with confusion.

I knew it, I knew it had to be you!” he says beaming “Do you recognize me? I’m Dongsun, don’t you remember?”

Hyunae frowns her forhead and suddenly her face lights up in surprise.

“Dongsun? Is that really you?” she asks him. He nods.

“So this is your boyfriend?” he asks while looking at me.

“Eh, no” she says after hesitating a little.

“Oh” he says and glances at me: “That’s good to know.”

What did that mean?

“I’m Kevin” I say and bow lightly to him.

“I’m Dongsun, or Daisuke here in Japan” he says and bows back.

“How come you’re here in Japan” he asks, focusing his attention back on Hyunae.

“Ah, I came here with Kevin, he has to be here for work” she says and he nods.

“What about you, what brings you here?” she asks him.

“My parents divorced. My mom wanted to return to Japan because the only reason she moved to South Korea was my dad. I came with my mom” he answers.

“Oh, I’m sorry” Hyunae says. Dongsun shakes his head.

“Don’t worry about it” he says.

“Daisuke, come help my please” someone calls

“Ah, I have to run, see you later, kay?”  he says and winks to Hyunae. She smiles back as he runs off. I sigh frustrated.

“Kevin, are you ok?” she asks worried. I look at her and wonder why I’m getting so annoyed while she just talked to an old friend. I nod.

“Yes, don’t worry” I tell her.

“Really?” she asks and puts her and on mine. This startles me and  makes me look straight into her eyes The angry feeling inside me quiets down a bit and I smile at her.

Really really” I say and she smiles back.

“Just don’t get sick again, kay” she says I nod A little later, the woman that guided us do our table comes with our dishes. She stays and talks to Hyunae for a bit, askink her how she has been and how come she went back to South-Korea.

“That was Dongsun’s mom, we were neighbors before I moved to America” Hyunae says: “They are like family to me. After my parents died, they offered to take care of me and they did until my uncle told them he would take care of me. They thought it would be better for me to be with real family, so my uncle took me to the US.”

She sighs and looks down at the table with a slightly painful look on her face. This is the first time that she told me this much about what happened before she moved to the US. I figured it would hurt to talk about it so I never really asked. Now that I see her face like this, it’s clear I’m not wrong. It’s definitely hurting her and I hate to see that. On the other hand, I’m a little happy she wants to talk to me about this. But still, seeing her in pain like this, I just hate it. I want to do something about her, make her laugh again. I bend forward a bit and mess up her hair. She looks up at me with those big brown eyes of hers filled with confusion. To add to her surprise, I do some aegyo. For a little while, she just looks at me, fighting a smile, but soon she bursts into laughter. She cutely covers half of her face with her hand. I smile proudly at my success.

“That’s a lot better” I say.

“Huh?” she says confused as she wipes away a tear of laughter.

“You look cuter when you laugh” I say. She stops laughing and just looks at me.

“Oh shut up you” she says and blushes. I chuckle. When I look at her again I find a piece of food floating in front of my face.

“Open up and shut up” Hyunae says as she pushes the food into my mouth.

“Phabo” she says while she takes some food herself and eats it. As ordered, I don’t say anything when she uses the same chopsticks to eat her own food. She has the chopsticks in when she notices what she’s doing. Her eyes grow bigger and her cheeks get red.

“Why didn’t you say anything?!” she asks.

“I wasn’t allowed to speak” I say teasing her. Her blush gets heavier and I notice I’m blushing a bit too.

“Phabo” she says again. I keep teasing her while we’re eating. After we’re done, I pay the bill, even though Hyunae tells me not to. Once outside, we see a little market and decide to walk around and check out the stalls. I gather all of my courage and take her hand. She looks surprised at me but doesn’t say anything. Instead she just smiles and returns the hand.

“Hyunae!” someone yells. We both turn around and see Dongsun running towards us.

“Hey, I was happy I was able to see you again. Let’s keep in touch, kay?” he says. He winks to her. Before I can do something, he has pulled her close into a hug. When he lets go he leans in to kiss her forehead. Right now, I want to pull that guy away from Hyunae and drag her off, far away from that guy. My inside feels like it’s going to explode. He winks to her again and she blushes a bit. This only causes me to feel even more angry. Why am I feeling like this actually? I don’t know, I have no idea what’s happening, I only know I’m feeling really angry and agitated.

“I  have to go back, but text or call soon, kay?” he says and he gives Hyunae a piece of paper. He shows her a small wave and takes off. Frustrated, I turn around and start walking through the market again. Hyunae soon catches up to me.

“Kevin, are you sure nothing is wrong?” she asks worried. I shake my head.

“Nothing’s wrong” I say.

“Are you sure?” she asks.

“Yes, I’m sure” I yell: “What would be wrong?!”

She looks at me with big eyes before looking to the ground.

“I’m sorry” she says. The painful look on her face is back, no, it’s gotten worse. I really hate myself for acting like this. I don’t know what’s happening with me. I shouldn’t act like this. I shouldn’t say things I just said. I shouldn’t hurt Hyunae like I just did. I want to take back my words, I want to turn around and hug her, tell her I’m sorry. But I can’t say anything, I know that if I open my mouth to say something now, I’ll start crying. My feelings are so messed up inside I just don’t dare to say anything. All I want to say right now is ‘I’m sorry’.

 

AN: Mystery guy enter!! whatch what will happen next ^w^ enjoy