New Friends

Rise of the Weirdos

 

Everything went black...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You woke up with a skull-splitting headache. Weakly sitting up, your hand immediately flew to the side of your head where the pain was throbbing uncontrollably.

 

Ouch.

 

You wondered what the heck could have happened to cause this much pain. It felt like a freight train ran you over, but you couldn't even recall the day before.

 

Did I get drunk last night or something? You thought. 

 

That's when you stopped. And looked around at your surroundings.

 

 

You didn't have antique furnishing in your dorm. You didn't have a king-sized bed with decorative pillows, a matching comforter, and elegant drapes hanging down from your bed posts. You remember having a desk in the dorm, but nothing like the polished, wooden writing desk on the other side of the room. And when the heck did you guys get a chandelier? The entire room looked like something that you would see on a field trip to some dead guy's abandoned mansion or something.

 

What kind of sick joke was this? Was this another one of your crazy dreams where something would jump out at you and skin you alive any moment now? You ducked under the covers at the terrifying thought, pinching yourself over and over again in a desperate attempt to wake up. Inhaling deeply, you closed your eyes and counted to ten very slowly. When you opened them, you saw that you were still in the same place. In the same room. That's when realization dawned on you. 

 

You were awake.

 

And you weren't in your dorm room. That was for sure. Heck, none of the dorms were decorated like this.

 

Where am I...? You thought in confusion.

 

"You're finally awake, Heeyoung."

 

HOLY MESS, WHO WAS THAT!!!! Your eye twitched frantically.

 

Wait a minute. That voice sounded familiar. After a few moments of thinking you asked the person.

 

"Is that you, Nana?"

 

"Yep. Now stop hiding in those sheets like a little whimp."

 

You could practically feel Nana rolling her eyes at you.

 

"YAH!! You freaking scared the heck out of me!" You jumped out of the covers, angry at your best friend since you had no idea where she had dragged you to this time and was about to yell at her some more when suddenly a searing pain pierced through your skull, causing you to shriek.

 

Nana was by your side not a moment later with a worried expression printed on her face.

 

"Oh, Heeyoung-ah... don't move around too much like that. You're still... um... recovering."

 

"What do you mean 'recovering'? Did I get drunk last night or something?"

 

Nana giggled before replying, "No, but I wish. It would have been a lot easier than knocking you out cold."

 

Your eyes widened. Wait... did... Nana knock you out last night? Physically?

 

Nana noticed your sudden expression change and quickly added, "Not like that! I didn't hit you or anything; I could never do that... I just put you under a sleeping spell."

 

"Oh..." Your memory of last night's conversation was a bit hazy, but you did remember talking to Nana about her and her 'wizard powers'.

 

"Does the spell make your head feel like you just got run over by a train?" You rubbed your aching head to prove your point.

 

"Actually, no. The spell is completely painless." Nana smiled.

 

"Then why does my head hurt like hell?!" You shouted a little too loudly which sent vibrations thundering through your pained skull once again. Ouch.

 

Your best friend chuckled nervously. "Um... yeah about that... Since I had to literally drag you in here when you were under that sleeping spell, I kinda accidentally bumped your head on the car door..."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"And on the doorframe."

 

"WHAT?!?!?!!?!"

 

"And on the bed post."

 

"..."

 

"And when I was dragging you up the stairs-"

 

"Well gee, was there anything that you didn't bump my head on?!"

 

"Not that I can think of..." Nana smirked.

 

You let out an exasperated sigh. "That's the last time I will ever trust you with my unconscious body again."

 

The two of you burst into laughter. It took a few minutes of laughing for you to finally calm down and ask Nana a question that you had been pondering about since you woke up.

 

"Okay seriously... Nana? Where am I? And what are we doing here?"

 

"Oh right!" She exclaimed. "You're at my other friend's house."

 

"Why?"

 

"Just... because. It's better here."

 

"Um, Nana... I hate school just as much as you do, but I don't think running away from college is a really good idea."

 

"No! That's not what I mean, Heeyoung-ah. I just don't know if you can take the news yet." Nana fumbled with her fingers nervously.

 

"What do you mean I won't be able to take it? You told me that you were a wizard, right? So I think I can handle anything you tell me now."

 

Nana sighed and remained silent for several seconds. She must have been thinking deeply about if she should tell you or not. You couldn't help but feel a little hurt that she might not have trusted you enough to tell you. Taking another deep breath, she finally responded.

 

"You're in grave danger."

 

"...What?"

 

"You're in danger, Heeyoung-ah. It's too dangerous for you to continue living in the city alone. Especially since you actually know some things that no human being is supposed to know about. I've actually broken the law telling you about me being a wizard, but whatever, I don't really care about that. All I care about is your safety, and you'll be safe here. I can assure you about that."

 

It took a few moments for everything to sink in. Nana was basically telling you that you were supposedly in danger because you knew that she was a wizard so that's why she was forced to relocate the both of you to... whatever this place was.

 

"But... how am I in danger? Just for knowing that you're a wizard?"

 

Nana sighed once more. "It's complicated. And that's not all that there is to it. It's just... I know certain people. Bad people. People who would be willing to do anything to feel impowered. They are sometimes so blinded by what they really want that they don't see everyone they're harming."

 

A familiar name that you remembered came to mind.

 

"Is this about Kai?" You asked carefully.

 

Nana visibly winced at the sound of his name. "Um... let's not talk about this anymore."

 

You raised an eyebrow. "Nana... don't hide things from me anymore, okay? I don't think I can take it."

 

Nana just nodded. "I'll tell you later..." She leaped off of the bed with a grin plastered to her face. You stared in disbelief at her sudden mood swing as she spun around to face you.

 

"Get up! I want you to meet some old friends."

 

~~~

 

The mansion was gorgeous. Every inch of it was elegantly furnished in a classy, antique fashion; the walls were adorned with paintings, the carpets had exquisite designs, sparkling chandeliers hung from every ceiling, and the winding stairway railing looked like it had just been dusted that morning. The enormous house reminded you of an old bachelor's home who had dozens of maids and butlers. That's when you thought about who you were going to be meeting. Nana did tell you that she wanted you to meet some old friends of hers, but exactly how old were they? You secretly hoped they weren't a bunch of old ladies who played bingo and knitted sweaters all day. You remembered that Nana was a wizard so that meant that she was old, right? At least 100 years old.

 

Ew... that's old. But she looks great for her age, so that's all that really matters.

 

You were so deep in your thoughts that you didn't notice when Nana had stopped walking until you bumped into her from behind. She was distracted with something. Her eyes were staring up a picture on the wall. Following her gaze, you glanced at it as well.

 

It was a simple photograph in black and white from what looked like the early 1900's. There were five handsome looking teenage boys and one pretty teenage girl in the photo, and they were all standing outside the mansion smiling. They all looked so close and... happy.

 

Maybe they were a family who used to live here.

 

You secretly wondered to yourself where the parents were, but something else in the picture caught your eye. Something that made you choke on your own spit.

 

The girl in the photograph looked like you.

 

Nana even took notice to this. She glanced up at the picture then back at you. Again. And again.

 

Finally, she just shook her head and mumbled, "Weird..."

 

The two of you climbed down the spiral staircase and through a few more rooms until you guys reached what seemed like a living room. The first thing you noticed when you walked in were 5 teenage guys lounging around the room; some on couches, some on the floor, some watching TV, one reading a book, and two guys playing rock paper scissors. You noticed that they all had milky white skin and handsome faces like sweet little angels.

 

"Hey guys, look who's finally awake!" Nana exclaimed.

 

All of the boys turned their heads in your direction and smiled. Two of them actually looked somewhat familiar to you.

 

"Aren't you the guy that served us noodles at the mall?" You pointed your finger at the one with big eyes.

 

"Oh... yeah, I am." He replied.

 

"Okay... and aren't you the guy who works in the make-up department at the mall?" You pointed at the one wearing eyeliner.

 

"That's me! You can call me Baekhyun." He smiled cheerfully.

 

You turned to Nana. "What is this place? Some kind of sorority?"

 

Baekhyun laughed. "No, silly! This house was made specially for the- OOF!"

 

The guy with big eyes elbowed Baekhyun in the side with a stern look on his face. Baekhyun rubbed his side and glared back at him.

 

"What? I was just explaining to our guest that- MMPHF!"

 

This time, all 4 of the guys were trying to cover Baekhyun's mouth with their hands to shut him up, yet, at the same time, trying to look casual.

 

Okay...

 

Nana gave Baekhyun a sympathetic look before turning back to you. "Heeyoung-ah. I'd like for you to meet my best guy friends."

 

"Yeah!! We're her BGFs!" Baekhyun exclaimed as the others just facepalmed themselves in embarrassment.

 

"Yeah, so you've already met Baekhyun." Nana giggled.

 

She then gestured to the guy with big eyes. "And Do Kyungsoo from the noodle shop. Or just Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo slightly smiled at you.

 

Nana pointed down the line to the next person. "And this is Chen. He's kind of shy, but he's a total sweetheart."

 

Chen just smiled and bowed.

 

Nana continued down the line. "And this is-"

 

"BAOZI!!!!!!" The boys yelled.

 

The boy turned to you with a huge grin on his face. His cheeks looked chubby enough to eat. "I'm Xiumin! It's nice to meet you!" He kept on smiling.

 

He's really adorable. You thought. His smile reminded you of Luhan's cute smile. WAIT A MINUTE. Luhan. He must be so worried!!! You didn't meet up with him today like you did every Sunday or call Luhan to let him know that you were okay. What kind of best friend were you?! You inwardly groaned at the thought of how many times in your life that you've made Luhan worry about you. It was probably a number around infinity.

 

Yep. Maybe even more than that.

 

The next guy in line stepped out in front of you. He took your hand in his, kissed it as gently as a kitten would, and bowed deeply.

 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance, Heeyoung." He politely bowed again. "My name is Kim Junmyun, but please call me Suho. I'm the head of the house and these boys, so if there is ever a problem, just come tell me about it and I'll make sure to fix it."

 

He seems very gentleman-like. You bowed back gratefully.

 

"Well, that's everyone." Nana said. "Guys, you can get back to whatever you boys were doing before and I'll just show Heeyoung around. Kay?"

 

They nodded and went back to watching TV.

 

~~~

 

After the tour around the entire masion (which took forever), you relaxed in the bed that you woke up in that morning, trying to somewhat enjoy your Sunday. The day had flown by, and the sun was already setting. You weren't even sure if you and Nana were going back to college tomorrow. The two of you could easily get kicked out for not attending enough days, and Nana was just about to exceed the limit due to all of her photoshoots and fashion shows. You were really worried about her. Most of all, you were worried about Luhan.

 

He's probably been trying to get in touch with me all day. You thought sadly. And for the millionth time that day, you hopped up and searched through the table drawers, the bookshelf, under the pillows and blankets, and even in your bra.

 

No phone.

 

It's probably dead anyway.

 

You sighed and sunk into the bedsheets once more. You really missed Luhan. Despite his age, he was like a cute younger brother to you that always made you want to protect him. You wanted to keep him safe 24/7 and always by your side. His smile was so comforting, and you hated seeing him worried and upset which was probably what he looked like right now. You felt like the worst best friend in the world who deserved to go die in a hole where nobody would find you since you were just a plague on the human race anyway.

 

You heard the bedroom door squeak open and looked up to see Nana come into the room and sit next to you on the bed.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hey."

 

"So, how are you feeling?"

 

"Better. My headache is almost completely gone." You said.

 

"Great! Okay, I still brought you some antibiotics, some Tylenol, some Benadryl, some pills that I have no idea what they do but I brought them anyway just in case, some cough drops-"

 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Oh my gosh, Nana! I can't take all of those at one time!! And some of that stuff I don't even need. What are you trying to do? Kill me?"

 

"I'm sorry!! You know I'm not good when it comes to medical stuff." Nana pouted.

 

"Aish... Pabo..." You muttered.

 

"Well! I just brought everything the guys had to make sure that you were okay!!"

 

"Nana-yah! I had a headache. Not the Black Death."

 

"Don't even joke about that! The Black Death killed a lot of my uncles." Nana said.

 

"Oh... Sorry... I just forgot that you were really old." You held back a few chuckles.

 

"Whatever!! I'm not THAT old!!" Nana exclaimed.

 

"How old are you anyway?" You asked.

 

"... I'm not gonna tell you!"

 

"Because you don't want to admit that you're old?"

 

"Aish!! Whatever. Just go to sleep, Heeyoung." Nana smiled.

 

"But are we going to school tomorrow?" You asked.

 

Nana's expression suddenly turned serious. "No." She stated simply and turned to leave the room.

 

"But why?" You asked.

 

Nana stopped in the doorway. "I'll tell you tomorrow. For now, just get some rest." She said and closed the door.

 

~~~

 

Nana closed the door behind her and locked it.

 

"Why did you lock the door?"

 

"Because I don't need anyone interrupting me." Nana turned around to face the teenager.

 

"Let's just get this over with." She mumbled.

 

The teenager guided her over to a desk with some parchment, a feather quill, some dusty old potions, and a small crystal ball in the lair.

 

Nana glanced at the old potion bottles. "You never used any of my potions?" 

 

"How am I supposed to know what's what? You didn't label them or anything and besides, they might be expired from however long they've been down here."

 

"Potions don't expire, idiot." Nana rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

"Whatever. Just get back to the spell." Kai demanded impatiently.

 

"It's been so long since I've done one of these spells..." Nana whispered to herself.

 

Nana closed her eyes and, breathing deeply, held her hands out in front of her. She focused all of her energy on the piece of parchment paper and in the depths of her mind. First, she had to organize all of her stray thoughts and focus on one thing at a time in order for the spell to work. If her mind wandered, faltered, or thought of anything else besides the tracking spell during this process, the effects could be fatal to her life. It was her top priority to stay focused. It would just be 10 times harder since she hadn't performed a spell like this in over half a century. Her mind searched through her thoughts at the speed of light.

 

Secretly, a wizard knows everything about the world that has ever been created, but the wizard has to be able to dig it out of all of the wizard ancestors' minds before her in her brain. All wizards share the same mindset, so everything that has ever happened to a previous wizard is transferred to all of the other wizards in the world once that wizard has died. This way, wizards are always gaining new information and knowledge.

 

The deeper she dug into her mind, Nana almost felt certain that one of her ancestors had seen the magical Power of Twelve in One before but was never able to obtain it. Nana could feel her fingers tingling and warming up as a sign of her hands beginning to draw out the spell in blue stardust on the parchment paper. In her mind, Nana was seeing through her ancestor's eyes and quickly began to draw out what she saw with the blue stardust that was flowing through her fingertips.

 

She saw the Power of Telekinesis levitating in thin air; she saw the Power of Flight hidden away in a bird's nest; she saw the Power of Teleportation disappearing and reappearing somewhere in a desolate land. Everything that she saw in her ancestor's eyes, Nana drew out. Her skilled hands and fingers were flying across the parchment swiftly without any mistakes. She realized that she was almost finished when she could feel her own senses again.

 

The tingling from her hands died down and Nana opened her eyes. Both Nana and Kai gasped, astonished at what the wizard had just created.

 

The tracking spell was levitating off of the parchment in a 4-D web of pinpoints on a map. A map that presented the entire planet in the shape of an orb. There were 12 pinpoints on the map.

 

The Power of Twelve in One.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's TheBookCritics fault.Haha! :)

(co-author) A/N- It is our 2 month anniversary since we updated this story!!! :DD First of all, we are terribly sorry for not updating, it's my fault (according to the author :/) but it really is because I have just been so busy with school and bringing up my grades so that my mom would not beat me. So yeah, to make up for this long long long time away, we have made this chapter extra specially long for you guys!! :D Thank you for sticking with us and we are very grateful to have our subbies still supporting us ^-^!! Stay tuned for more in the (hopefully) near future!! :)

 

For now, please enjoy this attractive Baekhyun gif ^^: