Nightmares

Rise of the Weirdos

 

Author POV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You're standing in the middle of a dead-silent clearing with woods in the far distance. The dark of the night surrounds you with only a dimly lit, full moon in the sky to shed bits of light down. Other than the occasional chilly breezes, the night is completely still. You don't know what time it is or what in the world you are doing outside right now when the air is cold enough to the point where you can see your own breath. You don't remember how you got there, but you feel like you can't leave now. Like something is holding you back. But you don't know what.

 

A rustling in the bushes near the forest entrance draws your attention towards the trees. You turn around to face the sound just in time to see a familiar looking figure emerge from the woods.

 

It's an enormous dark-colored wolf creature.

 

The same one that killed your parents in your dream.

 

The wolf creature bores its hazel eyes into your soul as it ever so slowly stalks towards you. It has that same look in its eyes as it did when it was about to rip your throat out last time. Fear strikes your heart like a bullet and you cautiously back away, attempting to coax it into thinking that you're friendly. That you come in peace.

 

But it isn't fooled.

 

It crouches and creeps closer to you, snarling and baring its teeth with a ravenous look in its eyes. It is now, you're guessing, thirty feet away. You continue to back up as if it would somehow help your situation.

 

Twenty feet away.

 

Running crosses your mind for only a second, for you know that if you try to run, that monster would chase you down in a heartbeat and you'd be dead before you could even blink. 

 

Fifteen.

 

You know it won't be long before the wolf reaches zero.

 

Suddenly, 5 more figures emerge from the woods behind the giant wolf. More wolves with both light and dark fur appear behind the wolf, but their sizes are all too enormous for just any wolves. They all are crouched, snarling, and ready to strike. It's one thing to be hunted by one giant wolf monster, but 6 are just a whole new level of terror.

 

You find it hard to breathe as you can't even believe the sight in front of you. You can no longer find the strength to continue to back away, so you freeze in place with only your eyes moving, darting from wolf to wolf and desperately praying for a way out.

 

Ten feet away.

 

You shut your eyes in anxiety, awaiting your death as you know that this is the end.

 

A cry, a yelp, and a ground-shaking thud make your eyes fling open. In astonishment, you see that one of the wolves appears to have been thrown against one of the trees in the distance. The other wolves stop moving and are no longer paying attention to you. They are now, with backs arched and fur raised, glaring even more menacingly at something behind you. You shrink in terror with the thought of something actually being threatening to these fearless, incredibly strong wolves. But, of course, you just have to turn around anyway.

 

There are 6 more figures standing behind you.

 

But these aren't just figures.

 

These are people.

 

You can't see what they look like in the dark of the night, but you can tell by their physique that they are all male. You nearly sigh in relief with the thought of finally being around living, breathing, normal people like you. That you're not the only one who sees these gigantic wolves. And that they've come to save you from them! So you aren't crazy after all.

 

One of the guys takes a step towards you. The pack of wolves slightly cower at his sudden movement but continue to growl at him. 

 

Why are these wolf-creatures so afraid of this guy? After all, he's just a-

 

In a flash, another wolf is flying across the clearing and against a tree. Your eyes widen as you see one of the 6 guys now standing in front of the wolves with his fist out. The wolf jumps back up to join his pack once again and growls at the guy. You are astonished at how fast he had run across the clearing at such an impossible speed.

 

Did that guy just... punch that wolf... into the woods?

 

The guy straightens up and is now back by your side. He had run so incredibly fast that you hadn't even seen him run back over to you.

 

Okay... so they're not human. Then what are they?

 

Realization sinks into your skin and your eyes widen at your shocking discovery. You realize that these creatures are not human beings. That they are powerful enough to throw one of these wolves all the way to the other side of the clearing. That they are dangerous enough to actually be feared by these monstrous wolf creatures.

 

That they can kill you.

 

A sudden gust of wind blows past you as you feel someone brush up against you. You inhale sharply at the sudden action. Something as cold as ice grazes your neck and you shiver and bite your lip to keep yourself from screaming. His lips smile into your neck at your amusing response. As his hands slowly creep down to your waist, you feel the need to slap him across the face, but of course, you can only tremble under his control. He chuckles into your ear as he pulls you closer. His body feels like a frozen ice cube, and you shiver again.

 

"Are you afraid of me?" The thing asks with a smirk.

 

What is this monster?

 

But before you can answer, he spins you around to face him, and for the first time, you can see his glowing red eyes. He smiles.

 

"You should be."

 

Lunging for your neck, the creature bites hungrily into your flesh. All you can feel is your life rapidly draining out of you; your thoughts are clouding up, your legs getting weaker and weaker...

 

 

You weakly lifted your head up off of your sweat-stained pillow and ran your hand through your long, sweaty hair. You slowly scanned your bedroom for any creepy predators lurking about but fortunately found none. 

 

Just another nightmare.

 

You sighed in exasperation. These nightmares were getting creepier and creepier every night. Except the weird thing about this one was that it didn't involve your parents. You were getting worried about yourself. These dreams were insane. They just weren't logical at all. You were a realist. Realists didn't have dreams about huge, mutant wolves or impossibly fast, red-eyed monsters that looked like humans.

 

You were seriously thinking about considering a therapist.

 

You climbed out of bed since you knew that it would be useless to try to force yourself back to sleep and checked the alarm clock next to your bed.

 

4:38 a.m.

 

Making your way to the kitchen for a glass of water, you stopped in front of the balcony doors with the thought of that ert from last night sitting out there.

 

He shouldn't be... I think I scared him off last night, you thought to yourself.

 

Peering out of the window to make sure, you gasped when you made out the same figure from the previous night sitting in the same place on the edge of your balcony.

 

Don't these erts ever learn their lessons?!?!

 

You flung open the door and stomped outside in a fit of anger. You had had enough for one night.

 

"YAH!!" you yelled, "What do you think you're-"

 

It took you a few seconds to realize that you were talking to nothing. You looked around the balcony and saw that there wasn't anybody out there.

 

But... you thought, I could have sworn I saw someone out here... actually, I DID see someone out here... But where did he go?

 

It made you a little paranoid to not know where this guy went when you know that you saw him out here just a few seconds earlier, but as long as he was gone, you just shrugged it off. A glass of some nice cold water was just what you needed. You made sure to lock the balcony doors when you went back inside. Just in case.

 

You made your way to the kitchen for some water. After gulping the entire glass down, you heard a door creak open.

 

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH 

That psycho is inside the dorm!! you thought.

 

"Heeyoung-ah...?"

 

Oh. It was just Nana. Phew.

 

You sighed in relief and turned to face your best friend.

 

"Heeyoung-ah? Why were you yelling? Is something wrong?"

 

Oops. You must have accidentally woken her up. She was supposed to be a heavy sleeper, but you were probably just a loud yeller.

 

"Oh... No reason. I just had another nightmare. Go back to sleep, okay?"

 

"Another one?" Nana gasped. "Something must really be wrong..."

 

"I'm fine, Nana. Just go back to bed... I'm sorry for waking you up."

 

Nana looked at you worriedly before nodding, going back into the bedroom, and silently closing the door behind her.

 

You still couldn't tell her about the creeper on the balcony. What if she thought you were crazy? What if she didn't believe you? After all, there was no real proof anyway. He had vanished too quickly. Maybe it was all just a hallucination. Like your nightmares. But there was that one "hallucination" that you still couldn't avoid:

 

You had seen Nana with your own two eyes make poison ivy grow out of the ground and tangle someone up with just a flick of her wrist. And you had also witnessed her heal that person's rashes with her glowing hands in just a matter of seconds. And you also remembered that guy saying that she had a lot of power and calling her Im Jin Ah. Was that Nana's real name? What other unbelievable things was she capable of doing? And did she have any other secrets that she was hiding from you?

 

Was there really more to this best friend of yours than you knew about?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N-Nana such a bad BFF not really but you know what I mean and if you like this story please comment!!!!!!

(co-author) A/N- Sorry for the long wait guys! But it made you more addicted to this story though huh? :P Don't deny it!! xD Okay, this seems like a pretty short chapter because it is, but the 5th chapter has actually already been written and ready to be updated, so I'm thinking whether I should do a double update and update it today, or make you guys wait a while because I'm an evil co-author like that xD Thank you guys for all of the support and for staying with us all this time! Stay tuned for the next chapter~

 

For now, please enjoy this funny gif ^^:

 

P.S. Whoever guesses who that is first gets 10 karma because we can't tell if that's Tao or D.O.