The First Chapter

Rise of the Weirdos


Author's POV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

All you see is pitch black darkness and a bright light at the end of a tunnel.

 

You approach the light and trail your feet in the small puddles around you, footsteps echoing off into the night. Your breath is visible because of the crisp winter air surrounding you. As you grow closer to the brightness, your eyes haze as they make out two figures at the end of the tunnel under the spotlight. Curious, you draw nearer. As soon as you are only a few feet away from the figures, you gasp as you realize who the figures are.

 

They are your parents.

 

And they are dead and drenched in blood.

 

You can't find your voice to scream, as badly as you want to. The scene in front of you is too horrid to look at, but your eyes never avert the bloody bodies. Their insides are hanging out of themselves and your father's intestines are where his kidneys should be. Hot acid begins to bubble up from your stomach and you double over, attempting to heave out whatever you had had for dinner that night. Then again, you can't because you don't even remember the last time you ate anything. Leaning against the freezing wall of the tunnel, you try to think. Try not to go insane. Try to pretend that this is all a dream. You blink back tears before shutting your eyes tightly and reciting in your head, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." Carefully, you open your eyes praying that the silly chant could  have taken you away from this place, but of course, it doesn't. A sudden low growling sound erupts from somewhere in the tunnel, startling you. You know it's not a good idea to find out what that noise could have been, but you cautiously turn around anyway.

 

As soon as you do though, you whole-heartedly regret it.

 

An impossibly enormous wolf creature with dark colored fur is towering over your parents' corpses, staring you straight in the eyes. A snarl crosses its lips as it bares its sharp teeth at you manacingly.

 

It doesn't look too happy.

 

In a flash, it's on top of you, pinning your petite, weak body to the ground beneath it. The giant wolf-like creature is incredibly strong. It glares at you with glowing hazel eyes that make your skin crawl, and you shiver with the newborn knowledge that you are about to die.  Its jaw opens and just as you are expecting a chomp-

 

Your eyes flung open. Jerking upright in your bed, you quickly swung your head side to side as your eyes searched your entire bedroom for the monster or your parents. You were sweating buckets and felt your heartbeat exceed 200 beats per minute.

 

"It was just a bad dream." You told yourself. 

 

"But it was so much different than how they usually are..." 

 

It was normal for you to have nightmares about your parents every so often. After all, you were an orphan; your parents died when you were only 10 years old. However, this dream was different than most. Usually in your dreams, you would see your parents be killed by a gunshot or watch them suffer in a car accident since you didn't know how your parents really died.

 

Nobody did.

 

This dream however was beyond anything you could have imagined. Why had you dreamt of something so strange, irrational, and unrealistic? Your parents were not killed by some type of oversized wolf monster. That was just crazy; impossible. But why had you dreamt of it? You liked to consider yourself to be quite a normal person who didn't believe in fairytales, true love, or the supernatural. You never have crazy dreams like this; except maybe when you drink hot chocolate late at night or get super drunk. Other than that, there would be no explanation. Had you finally snapped? Had you finally gone crazy?

 

You decided to get some fresh air outside.

 

Yes. Fresh air would be nice. It's probably just because the room is so stuffy... You thought.

 

You quietly tiptoed to the balcony, careful not to wake your stirring roomate and thankful that she was a heavy sleeper. You opened the door to your balcony and stepped out. But you only took one step before freezing in your tracks. 

 

There was a person sitting on the edge of the balcony.

 

Millions of thoughts raced through your brain as you remembered only having one roomate. Your mind eased when you thought up the most reasonable reason for this random person to be sitting on your balcony right now at 3 in the morning. This person was most likely some stalker-ert dude who wanted to sneak into your dorm and watch you sleep since, after all, you and your roomate, Nana, were the Queenkas of your college.

 

Yep. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

 

You couldn't see his face because his back was facing you; he was looking out over the railing at the moon. He didn't seem to notice your presence and looked pretty peaceful at the moment, but nonetheless, this ert had to learn his lesson.

 

Breaking the silence, you asked, "Who the are you?"

 

Suddenly his head jerked up and before you could even blink, he leaped over the railing and disappeared. You couldn't believe it. Your dorm was on the second floor, and that psycho just jumped off the balcony possibly to his death.

 

Well, at least he's gone. Good ridance.

 

You sighed and went back inside but couldn't help thinking: Who is he? 

 

When you got tired of thinking, you climbed back into bed and drifted off to sleep.

 

~~~

 

The next day, as you got dressed for school, you could only vaguely remember the night before. It felt as if it was all just another crazy dream.

 

It probably was. You thought to yourself.

 

I mean, who can jump from that high up and not die?

 

That's when you froze.

 

Wait a minute. Maybe he DID die... 

 

You flew over to the balcony doors and flung them wide open. Grasping the balcony railing, you peered over the edge to the ground far down below. There was no sign of a dead body.

 

You sighed in relief. Okay... so either it was all just a dream or he lucked out and made it out alive.

 

Hopefully it was just a dream because you really didn't want that creeper to still be alive.

 

You went back inside to put the finishing touches on your outfit.

 

This is your uniform.

 

 

As you passed by the bathroom, Nana, your roomate and best friend, stopped you for a moment.

 

"HeeYoung-ah?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Why did you go outside?"

 

"Um... just checking the weather." You lied.

 

What were you supposed to tell her? That you were just checking to see if the stalker-ert that you saw jump off of the balcony last night was dead? 

 

"Oh. Well, is it warm outside?"

 

"Uh... Yeah, it is."

 

While you waited for your best friend to get done straightening her hair, you cooked breakfast for the two of you. You happened to be a really good cook since you used to cook a lot when you were at home by yourself and your aunt was out late working overtime with double shifts trying to earn enough to get by. Growing up with only your Aunt Kahi, you also had to get a job to support the family. Being one of the college's top Queenkas, it would just be way too embarrassing to admit that you grew up in a financially distressed home as an orphan. That, and you didn't like to talk about your past that much anyway, so nobody except Nana and your best guy friend Luhan knew about it.

 

After Nana was done getting dressed, you guys gobbled down the fluffy pancakes that you had made and left the dorm.

 

You couldn't help but compliment your best friend's choice of uniform.

 

"I like your outfit!" You smiled at her.

 

This is Nana's outfit.


(A/N- isn't it pretty)

 

"Thanks!" Her dazzling white smile shined back.

 

It was definitely a challenge to not be jealous of Nana. She was the prettiest girl in school (and probably Korea), was a supermodel, could play the piano, could sing, could dance, and  was even on the verge of becoming a K-pop Idol. She was scouted by some recording company sometime after she became a finalist in a supermodeling contest and they told her to give them a call, but she hasn't called them yet. You continued to ask her why she wouldn't, but she kept on telling you that she was worried that she wouldn't make the audition. Of course you replied with how ridiculous it was that she even thought that because, after all, they had practically asked her to join the company. Aside from that, Nana was essentially a bubbly person and could always cheer you up when you were feeling down.

 

When the two of you entered the college, you both were immediately followed by ALL of your fanboys, and all you guys heard on the way to class were:

 

"You guys are so pretty!'' or ''Will one of you date me?" 

 

You and Nana always got tired of what these boys said because it was all you ever heard on a daily basis.

 

Just another day at school.

 

When you guys went inside the classroom, you heard all of the girls screaming and squealing their heads off. You rolled your eyes in annoyance. They were always screaming because of Sehun, the school Kingka. (A/N-wouldn't you scream i would like seriously.)

 

He probably made 30 girls cry and 20 girls die on the way to class just from walking past them. You couldn't see why though. Sure he was... cute, but his face was always stone-cold, and his heart was probably the same. He never smiled. Not once. He always got into fights too. Of course, he would always win and nobody really challenged him because they knew that they would end up on the losing side, but Sehun was usually the one who started the fights in the first place; just a simple, accidental shove in the hall could turn into a full-out bloodbath. 

 

Oh Sehun was definitely not a good influence to be around.

 

Only crazed, psycho, clueless fangirls could possibly have a crush on that-

 

"AHHHHHH!!!! He's soooooo dreamy~" Nana's eyes sparkled as she eyed the statue-like teen up and down on the other side of the room.

 

You inwardly groaned as you stood corrected.

 

Since the bell hadn't rung yet, you went to see Luhan, your best guy friend down the hall. He was in his homeroom class talking to his friend with his back to you when you entered the room, so you decided to scare him. You mouthed to his friends, "Don't tell," and snuck behind him and shouted, "BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

 

"Ahhhhhhhhh.'' he said sarcastically.

 

"Darn it~" You pouted with cheeks puffed out.

 

"You're so cute!" he said as he pinched your cheeks playfully.

 

"YAH! You're embarrassing me!" You whined as you rubbed your cheeks and glanced at his upperclassmen friends.

 

Aish, You thought, for someone who's 3 years older than me, Luhan acts more like a child than I do.

 

You glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost time to go back to class, so you bid them all good-bye and left. You made it to class just as the bell rang.

 

~~~

 

BBRIINNG!!! The school bell rang for lunch.

 

On your way to the lunchroom, you were chatting with some friends and weren't watching where you were going. Suddenly, you accidentally bumped into someone and nearly fell down on your all thanks to your clumsiness gene. Your face turned bright red, and, determined not to show how embarrassed you were, you glared into the guy's eyes and waited for an apology. But he said nothing.

 

Who does he think he is?! 

 

He doesn't even have enough manners to apologize for bumping into a girl?

 

How dare he not apologize to you? Even though it was really your fault for bumping into him, you were the Queenka of this college and had all of the guys here bowing down to you. If any other guy had bumped into you like that, he would have kissed your hand, fell to his knees, and begged you for forgiveness.

 

Was this guy new here or something?

 

You stared into his deep brown eyes a little while longer, expecting him to say somethingBut he remained silent. You had to admit though, he was quite attractive. You could feel yourself falling into his trance the longer you stared into his eyes, and for a second, you actually had the urge to touch his face. When he finally started to walk past you, you snapped out of it, grabbed him by the wrist, and stopped him. 

 

"What the heck is wrong with you? Aren't you going to say sorry?" You demanded.

 

He didn't say anything. Shaking your grip loose, he walked away, leaving you there dumbfounded.

 

He's almost as bad as Oh Sehun. You thought.

 

Like we need anymore of those.

 

When you came to the canteen, you told Luhan and Nana what happened. They were just as surprised as you were, and after you had finished your story, they told you:

 

''HeeYoung, don't worry about it.''

 

"He's probably just a new kid or something."

 

You shrugged it off and the three of you sat down at a table and ate your lunch.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- I wonder who the dude is???????????

(co-author) A/N - We hope you enjoyed this first chapter! We should be updating the second one later on today so that would be a double update!! Yay!!! It was originally going to be all one chapter, but we decided to split it up since it was REALLY long. Stay tuned~! ^^

 

For now, enjoy this Sehun gif xD