About Time

This Night

 

Background Music (optional)

BoA - Hope

 

============================
 

Well, my reaction you ask? I didn't know what to react. Was I suppose to feel sad and cry my heart out because I lost my parents? Or was I suppose to feel happy because I am "free"? 

I didn't feel anything. I don't know if it's because I wasn't close with them, or something else, but I didn't feel sad nor happy. 

"Do I have to pay for anything?"

The cop was surprised at me. It was all over his face. I waited for his response. Finally, he took out some papers. "These are their wills. They left you all their money--$1 billion dollars--and a small apartment in Hongdae...."

I was surprised they didn't leave the cumbersome company for me to inherit. Not that I was sad. I was happy, actually. I was never the business type anyway, although I was a business major. That's how I became like this. Remembering all this was a lot. Seeing the robot there was too much for me. I wiped my eyes and walked to get water.

"When you are done watching the TV, close it, the light, and come to my room to get the blankets. Night." I said as I walked to my room. 

I climbed into bed and the night light. I heard him coming in. I pointed to a pile of blankets near the door, and he took them. I closed my eyes and began to sleep. 

"If you're wondering, you can call me Daehyun. Sweet dreams."

Well, it's about time I begane to address him with a name. This night was getting more and more interesting. 

============================