Pity. Sadness. Regret.

This Night

 


Background Music (optional)

Park Bom - Don't Cry

 

============================

 

Reality began to sink into me like cold water pouring down on you on a rainy day. He was a robot. Supposedly, my slave robot.

"So..." I delved into a new subject. "Where are you going to stay?" I knew this question was absurd, but I felt pitysadness. Why?

He played with the hem of my white t-shirt, forcing my heart to act like a mother. He kept quiet for a while. The silence was killing me.

I grabbed the bowl and fork, walked over to the sink and placed it in the silver square. 

"I don't have a home."

He said it. The five words I dreaded. My nice personality just couldn't take it anymore. I walked over to him and declared, "Stay for the night. There's a guest room, and I have extra blankets in my room."

His face automatically lit up. My heart and emotions went on an adventure. An adventure to "joy-land". What was this feeling?

============================

The night was getting darker and eerier. I took a light shower and changed into sweatpants and a tank-top, with a loose shoulder t-shirt over it. 

The robot was sitting on my sofa like my father usually does. Oh, wait. It should be "used" to. He's dead. My mother too. The died through a tragic cliché car accident.They were coming to pick me up from their business party. It was all MY fault. I was with my "friends" at the norebang (karaoke), getting drunk and all. You name it.