Raining Dark Things

This Night

 

Background Music (optional)

H-Eugene - Love Warning

 

============================
 
After two long tiring hours, we decided to go home. My friends called in a cab, but I was out of cash. I could not take the same car as them, for I lived somewhere else. We went different ways.
 
My other friends couldn't pick me up because they had a job. Why wasn't I at my job? well, I didn't have one. It's not that places rejected me, I rejected them. I didn't really want a future. God would decide my path. I'll wait and see.
 
Rain was falling. Ugh. Rain. It reminded me of the dark past and laughing mocking words raining down. The dark clouds, cold dirty rain. I hate it. I hate it all.
 
U ran under shelter and zipped opened my shoulder bag. I rummaged through it before I found my phone. I typed in my passcode and searched for my mother's phone number. After a few seconds, I pressed the green button next to her name.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Mom~" I cried, drunk.
 
"Sooyeon? What's wrong? You sound sick, my dear! Are you drunk again?" She scolded.
 
"Yeah, yeah. Come pick me up at Gangnam's norebang (karaoke). I feel like passing out."
 
"We'll come soon. Stay dry."
 
I sat and waited for 15 minutes. Any longer and I would pass out instantly.
 
"CALL 911!!!!!" some lady shouted. 
 
911? The police? Ambulance? What was the cause?
 
I walked over to the commotion. Was there an accident/ I swayed side by side, pushing through the crowd. Ugh. The people around me began forcing me to be angry.
 
Finally, I got to the front. I lifted my head and saw a black shiny car. The same car my parents use to drive to their stupid company. 
 
I looked at the driver. His head was sticking out from the windshield glass. He must have plunged forward when he stopped. I could not see his face.
 
There was an middle-aged lady sitting next to her. Her face was perfectly seen. She look a lot  liked my mother.
 
Wait. That is my mother. The same haircut. The same scarf. The same clothing. Were these my parents?
 
Suddenly, I felt someone pulling me away. I wanted to shout, but my mind was closing in.
 
"Wait!" I woke up on a bed. The police department's bed. I examined my surroundings. There were men dressed in blue uniforms with a gold badge on their left, upper chest. Why was I here?
 
A figure's shadow came upon me. "Are you awake now?" His voice was nervous and shaking. I nodded slowly and gingerly. "Come with me." I got off the bed and walked with him to his desk.
 
He beckoned me to sit. I did as told. "Your name is Lee Sooyeon, correct?" I nodded. "Your parents' names are Lee Haeyi and Lee Donbi, correct?" I nodded again.
 
He paused for a moment before resuming the questioning, "Now, please don't be shocked. can you promise me that?
 
I nodded. I hope he knows I'm not mute--I've not spoken one word nor sound. 
 
Why would I be shocked? I didn't do anything illegal. So, why would I be shocked?
 
"The car accident...your parents...were hurt greatly. There were taken to the ER immediately, but they didn't make it..." He waited for my reaction.
 
My reaction you say?
 
 
 
============================
 
I'm pissed now. I wrote this chapter and made it look all nice and crap, then my tab got deleted. =_= Seriously??? Why doesn't AFF have this thing where it says, "You have not completed your work yet! Would you like to save it?" Or they should have it AUTO-SAVED FOR US. A GREAT IDEA, NO???? Sigh. I'm really sorry if this chapter is crap . I tried my best trying to remember all my good sentences..... (Wow I wrote a A/N....)