teaser three

「The Secrets of Luminaria」

Teaser Three

    

 

The girl stood on the balcony of her house, staring off into the city that went on for hundreds of miles. This girl was rather tall, and she was wearing a white tank-top with a red plaid shirt over it, dark blue jeans, and a pair of beat up converse.

A smug smile tugged at her lips as she pushed some strands of hair behind her ear to prevent the hair from falling onto her face. Her eyes reverted from the city's view to the black portal of darkness above her. Even if she already knew the answer, she still wondered how it could be so bright here during the day. Shaking her head with a smile, she looked off into the distance again in the direction where the light generators were.

"Is the sky above us even there? I wonder..." She mumbled to herself in a language that was not Lumina.

Looking from left to right, in front and behind, up and down, she jumped over the railing of her balcony and barely landed onto the ground. She dusted herself off before walking down the smooth marble road, allowing her feet to take her where ever they pleased.

She released a sigh as she walked down the nostalgic roads where she always explored when she was younger, hoping to find great, new discoveries. The slight memory also made her remember her mother scolding her millions of times telling her to stop going off and her father would always tell her mother to calm down. He seemed to support her expeditions, but not all of the time.

There was only one person out there who shared the same thoughts as she and understood her to the maximum. This person was the only one who fully encouraged her to do what she wanted to do.

Her feet slowly stopped in front of a familiar looking gate. Fresh greenery was displayed on the walkway to the gate, and ivy plants lined the stone walls. She opened the latch and walked through the steel gate, bringing her into a continuation of the path. Shrubs and bushes lined up on the sides of the "swirly" path.

Then, after a while, the path ended and a vast garden was presented in front of the girl. Unless you knew the place very well, it would be almost impossible to find your way to the other side of the garden.

Within minutes, she traveled through the whole of the garden and was now standing at a simple ebony coloured door with a decorative window on it and a golden door handle. With no hesitation, she knocked on the door.

Seconds later, the door opened, revealing an eldery man who immediately had a smile on his face once he saw the girl.

"Oh, my dear!" He exclaimed. The smile on the girl's face widened as she spread her arms to embrace him.

"Grandfather! It's been a while." She said into her grandfather's shoulder.

"I didn't expect your visit. I could of had time to dress nicer." He chuckled a little bit, and they separated from the embrace. The elderly man looked quite classy as he wore a pair of grey slacks along with a long sleeved sweater with a blue collared shirt underneath it.

"You look absolutely fine to me, Grandfather. You're classy as always." She returned the chuckle. The grandfather smiled and stepped back into the house before making a hand motion inside.

"Come on in, Sora. I'll make some tea while we talk."

 


Author's Corner

Congratulations to jadefix! Woo~ ;-; I have to say that it was actually killing me in the inside because I was desperately wanting to choose someone already. Well, one girl down, four more to go! \(o-o)/ Tata for now~