teaser five

「The Secrets of Luminaria」

Teaser Five

    

 

Cold silence swept throughout the room. It's been exactly like this for far too long. A girl sits on the ground quietly as she stares at the incomplete puzzle in the presence of her eyes. Two beautiful porcelain dolls wearing elegant dresses sit on each side of her and a cup of the comforting tea sat on the right side of the puzzle.

The girl continued to place the pieces of her puzzle together. She felt lonely and forgotten almost like her bare feet were having been bare for many years now. Her voice was long forgotten as well as she hasn't spoken in ages. She felt weak and vulnerable.

She looked way too fragile to be sitting there on the ground. 

The girl was a disappointment to her parents even from the moment of conception, before her own birth. She used to want to apologize for not being the child that they wanted. She used to wish she was a boy, and she used to wish she could get better from her fatal disabilities.

Through these years, though, she got used to it. She knew it was her fate to die here anyway. She knew that's how her life was to be; put to an end by cruelty. Luminaria was a problem. No, not a problem. It was an issue. The air here was killing her with every breath she took, and she knew there was no escape. She was absolutely certain.

Night fell, and she looked through her window. The light coming from the light generators were fading away, and small lanterns were lit to keep everything from going too dark.

She knew that her parents and two sisters would be asleep by now since they always did sleep quite early. She stood up and walked towards her bedroom door before twisting the knob and walking out into the darkened hallways. Her legs felt weak as they always felt, but they seemed stronger than usual. The girl made her way down the staircase and entered the kitchen quietly.

Silenced sounds of boiling broth was soon heard and it eventually became hot enough for her to drink.

Then, she slowly made her way to the front door and opened it as she walked out of the house. Still, her feet were bare, but it was understandable since she didn't own an actual pair of shoes.

She felt the hard, crumbling concrete below her feet as she walked on to wherever she felt. Occasionally, she would sit on a bench or something sittable when she could encounter such things. Her final encounter was the big clocktower that stood tall and proud in the city's center.

Her gaze was long and her eyes stared at the clock's hands. "4:37" was what it read. She knew she had to go home soon before her family had awoken. She didn't want burden them too much. 

She knew of their plan; their plan to pretend her existence was never even there and on documents and forms.

Despite the pains in her legs, she ran back home, up the stairs, and back to the safety of her room where she closed her eyes as she layed upon her bed. Five minutes later, her door opened. The girl figured it was her father since he always did check on her in the morning.

She turned over onto her side just to let her father know that she was still alive and breathing without looking too suspicious.

Then, her door closed with a slight click, and she was left alone again in the silent room. Her eyes opened and she let out a sigh before the door opened yet again. She knew who came in this time as well. It was an everyday routine that was embedded into her little head. This time it was her sister who came in to leave some clothes for her.

Again, the door closed, and the girl was alone. The faint sound of her father and sister talking could be heard.

"What are we going to do now, Dad?"

"Let's just try to forget Sooah for the rest of the day...Like usual."

"Okay...It will be-"

"Of course, it will be alright."

Vulnerable tears immediately poured down the girl's cheeks. She was the girl meant to be forgotten by everyone, and she knew it. All I wish for is a place to run away. A place far away from Luminaria.


Author's Corner

Congratulations to Rainydaze! :D Is the teaser to your likings? I kind of rushed on it a little bit, but it's not too bad, right? c: Well, I've decided that I'm just going to make continue the story as six girls, so three girls down, two more to go! >:3